• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to attend RMC in the Fall of '09. I'll probably be looking at those same trades although I have thought about MARS and Pilot.

Sweet.

I'm 1. Infantry 2. Artillery 3. Armour

I currently have most of the paper work filled out; I just need my references. Hoping to start the process by the second week of October.

bms said:
I'm 1. Infantry 2. Artillery 3. Armour

Cool. I had forgotten what your trade choices were since the first post of this thread  ;D

yeah good to get it done early, or so I hear. I'll be trying to transfer from first year uni, what about u guys?

I'm going into my final year of high school.

The recuiters said to have it in ASAP because the selection board is in mid-January and the application process might take a while.

Been out a few years myself...and by a few I mean I graduated highschool in 2002. ;)

I was in a CEOTP entrence program last year; Decided against it in the end for a number of reasons.

The military is pretty much the only thing I've ever had a passion for and the only thing thats continually kept my interest, so now I'm back applying for ROTP 2009-2010.

Without a doubt, I'm going to submit my application and hope for the best. I'm in IB (a two-year program) and my marks last year certainly weren't what they could have been, but I've only tested out of Chemistry and History and that shouldn't affect my hopes too much of getting into a Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering program. That being said I personally think I have a great reference in that I'm a shift manager at McDonald's at the age of 17, which is not something to shrug off. I carry a lot of responsibilities and I believe this alone has given me leadership abilities that will hopefully be looked upon by the local CFRC and the sitting board. Not to mention my Creativity/Activity/Service I do for IB (swimming, basketball, piano, etc.), I really think that my extra-curriculars should make up a bit for marks that aren't up to par. I'm really hoping that I get in, though I'm currently trying to switch over to the "don't be disappointed if you don't make it" even though selection is so far away!

That being said I'm going to try to get into Engineering, would go to RMC and take Mech./Aero. Engineering but would prefer to stay local with my friends, keep in contact with the local base, and spend my summers doing the military work. I can work for the military for the rest of my life, but I can only enjoy university once!

I will be, Combat arms most likely but not 100%

When is the application timeline this year

As they said...I believe selection is mid-Jan. As of right now I don't think the new ROTP application forums are out yet(at least at my local CFRC), but I think it's best your application be completed by late November?

I really think that my extra-curriculars should make up a bit for marks that aren't up to par.

Academic results are assessed to determine if you are acceptable to RMC by RMC and your "extra-curriculars" don't help during that phase of selection.

derael said:
As they said...I believe selection is mid-Jan. As of right now I don't think the new ROTP application forums are out yet(at least at my local CFRC), but I think it's best your application be completed by late November?

oh i know. i meant like when are they accepting the applications. I was gonna send in early but im not sure when they will start taking them.

Ask your CFRC/D when they are accepting ROTP applications.  Usually it is in the early fall. Walk it in don't send it in.

kincanucks said:
I really think that my extra-curriculars should make up a bit for marks that aren't up to par.

Academic results are assessed to determine if you are acceptable to RMC by RMC and your "extra-curriculars" don't help during that phase of selection.
I don't mean that my marks will be below the accepted level, they will be not only above but in an advanced program nonetheless (hoping for special consideration for IB). I just mean that my extra-curriculars are numerous and I'm hoping that they'll look at me as having a good mark and great extra-curriculars, and not just as a good mark.

Smitty1690 said:
Hey,
Im hoping to attend RMC in fall 09' as well. 1. Pilot 2. Mars 3. ???

If you don't want MARS do not put it on your application. Theya re desperate for MARS officers and not so much for pilots so if you have MARS anywhere on your app odds are you will get it

jaredmellow said:
If you don't want MARS do not put it on your application. Theya re desperate for MARS officers and not so much for pilots so if you have MARS anywhere on your app odds are you will get it

I meant to put the confused face in for my number 3 slot, not that i was confused about the MARS choice. I think I'd be pretty happy with MARS, so its good for me that the military is desperate

The military is desperate for pilots as well, don't kid yourself.

That being said, if you put in something that is not in high demand (I dunno what I can use as an example...) as your first choice, and two high demand jobs below it, it makes no difference on your chances for your first choice. If they are taking 20 applicants for your first choice, and you are ranked in the top 20, then you will get that trade. Only if you are not in the top 20 will they start to consider you for your other choices.

Anyway, they no longer award you your trade until after the first year anyway. You will be assigned to an occupational grouping that has a number of related trades in it (aka land occupations which is the combat arms and engineers). After your first year you will be asked again which trade you want out of those trades, and they will come back to you and say "you have been accepted for x trade." That trade may not be any of the 3 you originally picked on your initial application. If you are satisfied with the assigned trade, you accept. If you are not satisfied, you do not accept and you exit the ROTP program with no obligations, financial or otherwise. If you accept, then from then on you cannot quit the program or your obligatory service without financial obligations and some other obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back