• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic said:
This was some 2 weeks back maybe. Was there a selection already for early applicants?

I've been finalized for several weeks now so I figure I would of heard of a no/yes also. I am no pro so I can't elaborate on what she would of told you :p

Marshall said:
I've been finalized for several weeks now so I figure I would of heard of a no/yes also. I am no pro so I can't elaborate on what she would of told you :p

I sure hope she meant I am accepted based I pass ACS. She told me everything looks good and favorable.

Magic said:
I sure hope she meant I am accepted based I pass ACS. She told me everything looks goof and favorable.

I hope the best for ye, pilot positions are hard supposedly. But do not back down :D

Marshall said:
I hope the best for ye, pilot positions are hard supposedly. But do not back down :D

Did you get word of acceptance already ?

Magic said:
Did you get word of acceptance already ?

No, I have not heard anything other then my file has been finalized and waiting the review board. And the only official information I have received is that the ROTP board is in January.

I heard the same, but I caught me off guard when my file manager said she just received a email form RMC saying my application was favorable. I know it could mean anything but either way its good news.

Magic said:
I heard the same, but I caught me off guard when my file manager said she just received a email form RMC saying my application was favorable. I know it could mean anything but either way its good news.

Any positive comments on your process are good in these situations :D

I agree, I am more excited for ASC rather then nervous. I would be the happiest person if I got in for Pilot, until the first day of RMC.

Magic said:
I agree, I am more excited for ASC rather then nervous. I would be the happiest person if I got in for Pilot, until the first day of RMC.

Yea, I am also more excited then nervous for this whole adventure. So I can't blame ya :D

I'll be going CF as NCM (most likely) If I do not make it into ROTP so I am not worried about being 100% rejected at the moment.  :p

Magic said:

All it means is that RMC reviewed your application and supporting documents and deemed you a suitable applicant.  It does not mean that you will get in to RMC or ROTP.

Nothing big, but the recruiter working on my file today called just to say it was all updated with the university acceptance. I called monday and emailed thursday so he thought I was changing my mind for the 3rd time and started to tell me he wanted to make sure I was sure of myself. We eventually got it straightened out that I was only wanting the one change and was just making sure he received my call.

So now my file has my RMC request and a couple universities backing it if not RMC. :D

Now all I can do has been done, and the wait begins again :D

its all worth it though.

Update: medical came back good, file manager says I'll be put on the merit list once the career counselor comes back from the holidays.  :)

PuffinFresh said:
Update: medical came back good, file manager says I'll be put on the merit list once the career counselor comes back from the holidays.  :)

Gratz, you just made it hehe.

Just put in my application for Mechanical Engineering at RMC as a MARS officer. No other choices, just that.

tumbling_dice said:
Just put in my application for Mechanical Engineering at RMC as a MARS officer. No other choices, just that.

Your cutting it a bit close to deadline, hopefully your medical goes through clear without discrepancy or you probably won't make the January deadline. :/

But best wishes to you!

You think? I got the answering machine everytime I've called the "local" CFRC, no matter what time of day. When I left a message, they did call back... at 9am. I was in school and no one was home  :'(. It's just that time of year.

Good luck tumbling_dice. I really hope the application process pans out nicely for you  ;)

Marshall said:
Your cutting it a bit close to deadline, hopefully your medical goes through clear without discrepancy or you probably won't make the January deadline. :/

But best wishes to you!

Are you sure? The recruiter said that January was the deadline but anytime before Christmas would be preferable.  And I got an e-mail the day of from the RMC Liason saying that there was still time to submit it.  Does anyone know if I maybe submitted too late.  That would be very unfortunate.

A deadline is a deadline. However, there is more to the application process than just submitting an application.

My timeline for the application process is on this topic if you want a reference(http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/79084/post-775397.html#msg775397). There can be snags. Which is why it is reccommended(but not necessary) to submit your application as early as possible for ROTP.

Remember, the first selection board and deadline is in January. This means you don't really have time for a lot to go wrong if you just submitted your application. I mean, you still have to do your CFAT, medical, and interview with just 9 days left in this month. It took 32 days from the day I hand delivered my application package and relevant documents to when I completed the CFAT, medical, and interview. Plus it took me another 16 days to get my medical forms filled out by my family doctor to prove that I was medically fit(doesn't happen to everyone).

The window is closing. But I wish you the best  :salute:.

I wish I decided to do apply earlier, now I am stuck waiting for at least one other reference. Can be quite frustrating, especially as I know medical may be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back