• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP at Civilian University 2004 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bms said:
A deadline is a deadline. However, there is more to the application process than just submitting an application.

My timeline for the application process is on this topic if you want a reference(http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/79084/post-775397.html#msg775397). There can be snags. Which is why it is reccommended(but not necessary) to submit your application as early as possible for ROTP.

Remember, the first selection board and deadline is in January. This means you don't really have time for a lot to go wrong if you just submitted your application. I mean, you still have to do your CFAT, medical, and interview with just 9 days left in this month. It took 32 days from the day I hand delivered my application package and relevant documents to when I completed the CFAT, medical, and interview. Plus it took me another 16 days to get my medical forms filled out by my family doctor to prove that I was medically fit(doesn't happen to everyone).

The window is closing. But I wish you the best  :salute:.

Exactly what I was meaning, sorry for not explaining. Thanks BMS :)

mellian said:
I wish I decided to do apply earlier, now I am stuck waiting for at least one other reference. Can be quite frustrating, especially as I know medical may be an issue.

That is what I meant by cutting it close, IF your medical does go wrong - you will not make the deadline (unless you do your CFAT etc fairly soon so it has time to go to Ottawa). But you may still have a chance if there is something like a 2nd selections from the review board as people say.

Do not let it dispel your effort though, if you do not try you will never know. I thought my medical was going to be hell due to vision, but my vision was better then I thought and I was OK'd 100%.

As for references, I feel your pain. I just had a long wait getting references for a university application, one of them took quite awhile and I was ready to drop it. But that came through as well.

Keep it up!

OK, so here is what is happening as far as I understand it (this is after multiple emails to the RMC Liaison). 

The ROTP application says: "to ensure a competitive application submit all paper work by January 15, 2009".  The keyword is paperwork.  They highly recommend that your application is in by this point as to allow them the usual amount of time to do your processing (ie. CFAT, medical, and interview). In order to send it off to the powers that be in time for the February selection board. In theory, if you submitted your paperwork on February 1 and then by some miracle got all your processing done and off to Ottawa, you would stand (from a timing standpoint) just as good of a chance for getting accepted as someone who submitted their paperwork on December 1. It all depends on how far you want to push your luck.

tumbling_dice said:
OK, so here is what is happening as far as I understand it (this is after multiple emails to the RMC Liaison). 

The ROTP application says: "to ensure a competitive application submit all paper work by January 15, 2009".  The keyword is paperwork.  They highly recommend that your application is in by this point as to allow them the usual amount of time to do your processing (ie. CFAT, medical, and interview). In order to send it off to the powers that be in time for the February selection board. In theory, if you submitted your paperwork on February 1 and then by some miracle got all your processing done and off to Ottawa, you would stand (from a timing standpoint) just as good of a chance for getting accepted as someone who submitted their paperwork on December 1. It all depends on how far you want to push your luck.

Keep in mind there IS a distance between RMC liaisons and the CFRC/D. When I applied my liaison said beginning of January (2008) however my CFRC was quite adamant that they weren't accepting any applications past the 21st of December (2007). Hell, that was the Friday I went in for my interview, and the last set of interviews they were doing.

In all honesty, don't worry about when you need it in by; instead worry about getting the application in WELL in advance of the cut off date.

tumbling_dice said:

I always figured paperwork also referred to the mountain of paperwork THEY have to do on your file and send it away for review. But that is good IF you do get more time, Id rather be early though - cutting close is never good. Glad you figured that out though, gives a much better chance

Marshall said:
I always figured paperwork also referred to the mountain of paperwork THEY have to do on your file and send it away for review. But that is good IF you do get more time, Id rather be early though - cutting close is never good. Glad you figured that out though, gives a much better chance

I totally agree, I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any ROTP hopefuls who after reading this thread called up their CFRC to demand their processing prior to January 15.

tumbling_dice said:
I totally agree, I just wanted to make sure that there weren't any ROTP hopefuls who after reading this thread called up their CFRC to demand their processing prior to January 15.

That's good hehe. I do not think the recruiters would appreciate those calls :p

They have made their first round of selections already.

Don't panic ! They only selected approx 7-9 people with offers. These are the cream of the crop as I was told. The next round will start February 09.

This information was gathered from my RMC open house. 

This is also the information I received. The people selected were the ones that were so amazing that RMC was afraid other universities might get to them first.

tumbling_dice said:
This is also the information I received. The people selected were the ones that were so amazing that RMC was afraid other universities might get to them first.

Jeeze why wasn't I called then  ;D

Ah well. Good for them.

tumbling_dice said:

I applied for ROTP for a trade that is not offered at RMC and my file did get sent in for the board in early December.  Has anyone heard if they only selected candidates that will be going to RMC, or if they looked at all of the ROTP trades and selected candidates attending civilian universities?  I'm going to try to be patient and wait a few more days to call the recruiting centre. 
Thanks.

annieV said:
I applied for ROTP for a trade that is not offered at RMC and my file did get sent in for the board in early December.  Has anyone heard if they only selected candidates that will be going to RMC, or if they looked at all of the ROTP trades and selected candidates attending civilian universities?  I'm going to try to be patient and wait a few more days to call the recruiting centre. 
Thanks.

Its just the initial selection for applicants of special interest, it is very limited. The bulk will be selected in February

First of all, happy new year everyone.
I'm an applicant of RMC/ROTP, i have handed in my application and passed aptitude test
the thing is, since i haven't been in Canada for 10 consecutive years (it's been a little over 6 years), I would have
to go through the background check unless if i get a waver and still have medical and interveiw to go through
I read that the final deadline for this year's application is Jan 15th. So im kind of worried that i would miss
the deadline. In that case i have another alternative of going to civi u (i got an early acceptance already).
But i really want to get into RMC so....

Best if luck krkbl. Don't ever give up until the bitter end  :)

As stated before krkbl, January 15 is only the application deadline. Processing does not need to be dome until the end of January/early February.

Thanks, i guess i'm just gonna have to wait and hope that the waver is done soon

Well i am an applican of RMC/ROTP
I currently finished the aptitude test and waiting for the waver for my background check and still needs to do
medical and interview. I originally applied for Business administration program at RMC and business related program
in other civi u for ROTP to become a logistic officer. But i totally changed my mind and now want to take mechanical
engineering in RMC and other civi-u and become electrical/mechanical engineering officer. I wanted to ask because im gonna be contacting my local recruiting centre for sure but i wanted to know what other people thought. I'm not sure if i should carry on
and switch right now because the deadline is coming and i think iam pretty late as it is currently. What do you guys think?

Start posting like a professional in a professional manner, as you claim you want to be an officer.  Take your options, weigh them, and make up you mind what you want to do in the future.  Don't take too long about doing this; then go immediately to your CFRC and make the appropriate changes.  Once you have done that, wait for all your documentation and processing to be done and then you will know how successful you have been in your application when they contact you with or without an offer.

Well krkbl, there really isn't much anyone can really say about your choices. You know yourself better than anyone else and are therefore best informed and qualified to make that call about yourself. However, if you're in doubt just ask yourself "Do I think I can enjoy this for the next 10 years?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back