• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Security Clearances question

mellian

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
After reading some threads, question of security clearances came to mind. I can understand criminal offenses may affect them, but what about non-criminal 'involvement' with the authourities, such as protests and demonstrations?

I had a trespassing ticket during a demonstration once which was later dropped for example. May be nothing, but more of where I got it that I wondered if it will ever bite me in the butt if ever attempting to get security clearances. Along with all other demonstrations I have been involved and helped organize/coordinate, even if I had positive relations with local authorities in other areas like liaison committees, non-protest related marches, a relative in RCMP as well working for them once, etc. As in, they enough involvement that they knew who I was and have video/camera footage evidence to prove it if ever needed.

So I am wondering if anyone had face any problems getting needed clearances despite interesting pasts?

As far as I know it shouldn't. Best advice, I can give is to see the CFRC That you're applying to.

I know of people that have lived in a Scheduled country for a couple years who got a TS clearance with not a lot of issues. Be straightforward, answer any questions on the forms exactly, and you should have no problem. A trepassing ticket won't stop you, that's like getting a speeding ticket.

Not if that ticket was acquired on government property I would think. :p

only one way to find ;) and that's to apply and see what happens, or talk to the RC as mentioned above. I guess thats two ways.

Back