• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sept 2023 UKR Vet Recognition Incident (merged from several threads)

Crap. We're all wrong. The Speaker of the House took the sole responsibility rap.

;)

Still disappointed he didn’t cry during his admission. Makes it seem….insincere. 😆
The Fox News website gave it "End of the World" headline status. CNN pretty much ignored it.

🍻

It doesn't matter if the Speaker took responsibility. The PM is the head of government, and this was a government initiative. The PM is accountable. Period.

There's were two events that night and two seperate failures .
The public where this creature was allowed to sit in the Speaker's Gallery and the private reception after with the PM and the President.
The Speaker is responsible for the operation of the house including its security. He failed in an absolutely miserable fashion.
As for the private function that was on the PMO.
What do I think should happen ?
To be honest I think both the Speaker and the head of the PMO should resign.
If something as embarrassing as this had occurred 50,60 years ago we would not be having this conversation. Both parties would have resigned by the next day.
I am starting to wonder if you have kill someone before it gets to the stage where feels like you should be writing out a letter of resignation ?

The public where this creature was allowed to sit in the Speaker's Gallery and the private reception after with the PM and the President.
The Speaker is responsible for the operation of the house including its security. He failed in an absolutely miserable fashion.
If something as embarrassing as this had occurred 50,60 years ago we would not be having this conversation. Both parties would have resigned by the next day.
I am starting to wonder if you have kill someone before it gets to the stage where feels like you should be writing out a letter of resignation ?

I'm sure the LPC will jiggle the firearms legislation tree again and our short attention spans will be spun off into another direction again...

Honestly I don't even think that would get him to resign...

Honestly I don't. I think he would apologize, make an excuse, use the right buzz words, wait a week, then dangle something sparkly for us to be distracted by.

(I guess that's the benefit of having a new scandal every week...)

The sound you can barely hear is the various Liberal MPs starting to question the PM'S leadership abilities. It will grow louder and eventually go public to an uncomfortable degree for both the individual members and the PM.
I wonder how much this will add to the noise level ?

Good question. One would assume a cursory background check would have been done.
Did the speaker not get the script to review before? Can no one do math?
Yes some poor little staffer is going to get roasted and lose their job, but c'mon man, there are more than one point of failure here.
I Didnt Know Who Knew GIF by CBS

Extract from Joe Warmington's article: “The independent Speaker of the House has apologized and accepted full responsibility for issuing the invitation and for the recognition in Parliament. This was the right thing to do,” said a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office.

“No advance notice was provided to the Prime Minister’s Office, nor the Ukrainian delegation, about the invitation or the recognition.”

The Speaker of the House issued a written apology. Note that he did not sign the letter. Meanwhile Trudeau states "I know nothing" and deflect blame.

Attachments

• Statement-Speaker-Sept24-E.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 3
Extract from Joe Warmington's article: “The independent Speaker of the House has apologized and accepted full responsibility for issuing the invitation and for the recognition in Parliament. This was the right thing to do,” said a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office.

“No advance notice was provided to the Prime Minister’s Office, nor the Ukrainian delegation, about the invitation or the recognition.”

The Speaker of the House issued a written apology. Note that he did not sign the letter. Meanwhile Trudeau states "I know nothing" and deflect blame.
1695650611746.gif

Not long ago we prosecuted 90 + year olds for their participation in the Holocaust.

So why has he not been arrested? I mean if the civilian secretaries can be prosecuted….
There are reports that this fellow, Hunka, was born in Urman, Poland in 1925 - making him a Polish citizen, not a Soviet Citizen - so, this guy was not fighting against a communist government that he was living under - but against his own elected government and by extension - us, the Allies. Making him no different than any French, Belgian (Walloon/Flemish), Dutch, Norwegian, Bosnian, Danish citizen who volunteered for the SS. A large number of these individuals were tried/convicted as Traitors and dealt with accordingly

Back