• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simon Logan v. Her Majesty The Queen

I just spoke with a buddy who is part of the class action as well. He got a message from the lawyer telling the first payouts have started and the first cheque was cut right before Christmas. McInnes is in the process of drafting an update and we should have this news from them on their website very soon. The lawyer stated that those in the class who were released from 2012 to 2017 will be in the first group to be paid first. Apparently SISIP is going in chronological order. My buddy also told me that he spoke to one guy in another forum who says he received a cheque for $800. He was on SISIP Ltd for 2 years and in receipt of PLD at time of release. I will keep an eye out for a news release from mcinnes. I will also let you know if I get a letter as well… but my release year was 2016 so I imagine many others will get a letter from SISIP before me.
Notice is now posted on lawyer’s website. I copied and pasted their announcement here but it appears to have been deleted.

I retired in 2007, and I'm on LTD since then with SISIP and didn't receive nothing from them yet........

I retired in 2007, and I'm on LTD since then with SISIP and didn't receive nothing from them yet........

You can go to the lawyers website and look at the settlement agreement, I don't think anyone who retired earlier then 2012 qualify for this class action. Here is a quote from the doc's online

All former members of the Canadian Armed Forces who on or
after July 17, 2012 received, long term disability benefits and/or
dismemberment benefits under Division 2, Part III(B) of SISIP
Policy 901102, and had an allowance from the Canadian Armed
Forces in effect on the date of their release from the Canadian
Armed Forces or, in the case of a Class “C” member, when the
injury was incurred or the illness was contracted.

This is what I could find, please double check

You can go to the lawyers website and look at the settlement agreement, I don't think anyone who retired earlier then 2012 qualify for this class action. Here is a quote from the doc's online

I heard from a francophone friend - he is on another forum for French speakers… He told me that anyone released 3B after 1999 that still had LTD from SISIP as of 17 July 2012 - and was in receipt of an allowance on their release date or class c reservist at time of injury - is a claimant. People on this forum have reported getting paid so from from as low as $1500 to $12,000 so far. All of these claimants have release dates from 1999 and 2002. All still get LTD. So, when in doubt, contact the lawyers or SISIP and find out for sure.

Just got a confirmation from lawyer at McInnis Cooper, That I'm part of the class Action even though, if I retired in 2007, an I'm eligible for the 10 years of miscalculation of LTD. Maybe this will help others......

All former members of the Canadian Armed Forces who on or after July 17, 2012 received, long term disability benefits and/ or dismemberment benefits under Division 2, Part III(B) of SISIP Policy 901102, and had an allowance from the Canadian Armed Forces in effect on the date of their release from the Canadian Armed Forces or, in the case of a Class “C” member, when the injury was incurred or the illness was contracted.

Just got a confirmation from lawyer at McInnis Cooper, That I'm part of the class Action even though, if I retired in 2007, an I'm eligible for the 10 years of miscalculation of LTD. Maybe this will help others......

All former members of the Canadian Armed Forces who on or after July 17, 2012 received, long term disability benefits and/ or dismemberment benefits under Division 2, Part III(B) of SISIP Policy 901102, and had an allowance from the Canadian Armed Forces in effect on the date of their release from the Canadian Armed Forces or, in the case of a Class “C” member, when the injury was incurred or the illness was contracted.
Thats Awesome Cowboy!

I talked with manulife yesterday. To the lady in charge of everything. She told me that they are currently doing the paper work for yr 2002 released members; and working up from there. I am Letter C and released in 2014. She said if you havnt recieved your funds with in 6 months call back. She said you can call in and ask what year they currently working on. Obviously I just stated above 2002. FYI for everyone .

I talked with manulife yesterday. To the lady in charge of everything. She told me that they are currently doing the paper work for yr 2002 released members; and working up from there. I am Letter C and released in 2014. She said if you havnt recieved your funds with in 6 months call back. She said you can call in and ask what year they currently working on. Obviously I just stated above 2002. FYI for everyone .
Did they say what "Letter C" means?

Yes sorry. My last name is Cross. Starts with the letter C. Alphabetically speaking. When they are doing the paper work for every single individual person I would assume c would be done before z

Yes sorry. My last name is Cross. Starts with the letter C. Alphabetically speaking. When they are doing the paper work for every single individual person I would assume c would be done before z
Ahh ok thanks.

They are doing it by release date. Last name is irrelevant.
Not true they are doing to alphabetically by realise date so if there are doing your realised year but your names starts with z your seeing your funds a lil later on then someone with the last name bob

Not true they are doing to alphabetically by realise date so if there are doing your realised year but your names starts with z your seeing your funds a lil later on then someone with the last name bob
It's all over the map now from what I've been following. Someone that released in 2010 received they're payout but because they turned 65 in 2023 and file was closed with SISIP. This may be the reason.

I've heard others in 2004 receiving they're payout but some in 2002 still have not received anything.

My guess is a few different teams are working on files which throws stuff all over. Others might be waiting if SISIP is still waiting on confirmation of they're allowances at time of release or injury for Class C. So a combination of things could be causing things to be all over.

All I can do is go by what my "calculations agent" told me when they called me. They have 6 agents employed. I was told they are doing each "group" by release date. Of course that could mean they are doing it by release "year" after which they break it down alphabetically, but that doesn't mean they are doing it "alphabetically". Regardless, It's based on release date first.

It's all over the map now from what I've been following. Someone that released in 2010 received they're payout but because they turned 65 in 2023 and file was closed with SISIP. This may be the reason.

I've heard others in 2004 receiving they're payout but some in 2002 still have not received anything.

My guess is a few different teams are working on files which throws stuff all over. Others might be waiting if SISIP is still waiting on confirmation of they're allowances at time of release or injury for Class C. So a combination of things could be causing things to be all over.
Yeah I'm sure it's a proper cluster fuck to sort out. No two files are the same.

All I can do is go by what my "calculations agent" told me when they called me. They have 6 agents employed. I was told they are doing each "group" by release date. Of course that could mean they are doing it by release "year" after which they break it down alphabetically, but that doesn't mean they are doing it "alphabetically". Regardless, It's based on release date first.
I'M part of class Action, and I never had no one call me yet, how did you get that '' Calculations Agent'' ??? Anyone else had an agent call them just curious, I retired in 2007, and I'm still on LTD as of today.

Back