• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Simon Logan v. Her Majesty The Queen

You and I are identical. I was released in 2007 and still get LTD 17 years later. The agent called me specifically because I requested it due to misinformation being shared on this forum. Since I last commented I verified again that they are paying by release date. Also, the lawyer updated their site as well staying the same. Our last name's have nothing to do with it. I'll let you know when I get paid but I suspect you will be getting it before me because I retired later in the year.

Yeah I'm sure it's a proper cluster fuck to sort out. No two files are the same.

People are sharing a lot of misinformation as well. For example, I had a friend tell me he got paid. It made no sense to me so I asked for details. It wasn't even SISIP who sent him money. His IRB was adjusted. That's VA. And....he isn't even in the lawsuit to begin with.

UPDATE: January 25, 2024

As stated in the below update, Manulife has begun to make payments to class members. We have been advised that payments are currently being processed by release dates, starting with those released earliest.

Any word on the other Class Action Lawsuit, the Manuge one for VAC Miscalculation of Benefits and when we might see a payment or the process in order to receive the payment?

On our release papers it says what our allowances were. Or at least it says it on paperwork they gave out in 2007 on my end.

Any word on the other Class Action Lawsuit, the Manuge one for VAC Miscalculation of Benefits and when we might see a payment or the process in order to receive the payment?
This reply is to this specific comment about the Manuge Class Action and NOT the Logan Class Action*

That case reached a settlement agreement in November. It's moving along. Buuuuut, if it's anything like Simon V Majesty, don't hold your breath for payment anytime soon.

Reactions: ueo
This reply is to this specific comment about the Manuge Class Action and NOT the Logan Class Action*

That case reached a settlement agreement in November. It's moving along. Buuuuut, if it's anything like Simon V Majesty, don't hold your breath for payment anytime soon.
Ack. Rgr that. Yea, thought so. Taking it's sweet time like VAC lol.

You and I are identical. I was released in 2007 and still get LTD 17 years later. The agent called me specifically because I requested it due to misinformation being shared on this forum. Since I last commented I verified again that they are paying by release date. Also, the lawyer updated their site as well staying the same. Our last name's have nothing to do with it. I'll let you know when I get paid but I suspect you will be getting it before me because I retired later in the year.
Ok, let me know when you have somethings New, I was release April 2007, and I have a paper stating that I was supposedly received then 75% of my salary which was $5025 monthly, I still don't receive that today I'm at $4025/m in 2024, I'm total disable. They use to tell me if I receive more from VAC to let them know so they can lower my monthly payment. Anyway, when I get news I will let you know.

Manuge is suppose to start paying class members starting 18 March 2024. That’s what the last update on lawyers website stated.

I was told by my case manager that they are at year 2005 as of now. Were you in the reserve, and what was your trade. Because I knew a St-Pierre in the regular forces he was in communications.

I was told by my case manager that they are at year 2005 as of now. Were you in the reserve, and what was your trade. Because I knew a St-Pierre in the regular forces he was in communications.
I'm a regular force member, MSE.

Thanks for the update! I posted a comment asking if anyone has been paid yet before seeing your comment.

What about the Manuge Class Action? Anyone who has received multiple Disability Lump Sums been paid yet?

What about the Manuge Class Action? Anyone who has received multiple Disability Lump Sums been paid yet?
Apparently the Manuge suit is being paid out commencing March 18th. I'm in that suit as well and can update when I've been paid. I don't know much about that suit at all. Confusing wording to me.

Those with lump sums won't be recieving anything this time around. This pertains to those mostly under the pension act and a few other acts and different benefits. You should note that VAC has already paid 79 million out which I believe the lumps sums were covered under then.

Veterans’ Disability Pension Miscalculation Class Action – March 18, 2024​

March 18, 2024
We are pleased to announce that the Federal Court decision approving the settlement of this class proceeding became effective on March 19, 2024.
Later this year, Class Members who currently receive disability pensions directly from Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) will automatically receive settlement payments from VAC by direct deposit or cheque.
Estates, family members of deceased Class Members and other Class Members who do not currently receive disability pensions directly from VAC will be required to submit a Claim by March 18, 2025. Claims can be submitted at the administrator’s website:
veteranspensionsettlement.kpmg.ca
veteranspensionreglement.kpmg.ca
A dedicated call center has been established by the administrator to address general inquiries and help individuals complete the online claims form. Please call 1 (833) 839-0648. You may also visit the administrator’s FAQ page (see below)

Miscalculation of Disability
Pensions Class Action Settlement

Are you a current or former member of the Canadian Armed Forces or Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or their spouse, common-law partner, survivor, dependent or executor of their estate, who received disability benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) between 2003 and 2023? If so, you may be a Class Member and qualifiable for compensation from a class action settlement related to alleged miscalculations of disability pensions and benefits.

Class Members with an existing payment relationship with VAC will automatically receive the compensation for which they are qualifiable through the usual payment process. These Class Members do not have to submit a claim form to receive payment.

Class Members who do not have an existing payment relationship with VAC must submit a Claim Form or they will not receive compensation. The deadline to submit a claim form is 18 March 2025.

More at administrator’s FAQ page

Unrelated to Logan lawsuit

The March 18th settlement is confusing to me. I'm just going with $0 on that one. I've been receiving VAC since 2008 with several awards.

Back