• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

sq - new kit?

Not really..

You won't see any new kit untill you get posted to a unit.

With the Reserve SQ course, are you issued the new basic gear, such as the Tac Vest. I start my BMQ in roughly 4 weeks, and last year i saw the guys that were on the course, and half had them, half didn't. Does anybody know if by now, the new basic kit such as that will be issued, instead of webbing? Just curious.

Mike

the only thing you will probably be issued are items that you didn't get issued when you first got your kit but most likely you won't receive anything new.

thanks...
the bf was wondering more so about a tac vest and extra "goodies" like that...

that and i think he wants to get some magnums too...
always wanting all the goodies... ;)

Depends on the availability at his unit, and the QMs policy on recruits. Bottomline is, he should worry about the task at end before thinking of the kit.

Sparks, the Tac Vest is unit issue, so you will receive it when the unit has your size in stock an/or you are entitled to it.

Jesses_Girl, your boyfriend will not get the Tac Vest,etc untill he joins a unit. As for the Magnums, he won't be allowed to wear non-issue boots unless he has a medical chit. If he doesn't have a chit, he will have to wear the MKIIIs an Wet Weather Boots(if he has them).

one more question...do they get weekends off basically the same as they do in bmq?

weekends off are decided by the course staff n how good ur course is doin

Back