• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Starting recruitment process

Snippet

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey yall, I'm going to be going to the recruitment center tonight to drop off my application. Im joining the primary reserve as infantry (thats all there is here) and I am hoping to be in within a month. I read everywere that it often takes over 6 months to join but I talked to the recruiter and she told me I could be ready in a few weeks. She also said that the quota was reached for the amount of applicants the reserve was hiring but that next week they would be looking to see if they could hire some more people, I'm hoping they do!

The only thing I will not be handing in tonight will be the self assesment for the physical. I havent had time yet but this weekend I will most likely do it. Im just trying to bring my score up a bit. ( I can only do like 20 pushups) The situps are fine and the running im sure I can manage but I have next to no arm strength. Ah well I wont let this get me down. I hope I make it into the next BMQ.

Good luck with your application and enjoy your potential career. 

Just remember that if you want to join the reg force some day........think Navy......... ;D

From what I understand (and that's very little) they shoud have plenty of space when the new fiscal year starts (1 April) for new R031s (anyone want to correct me on that?) Aside from that, it's tough to say how long you'd be waiting for your BMQ to start. I started my application process in early January over a year ago, finished all my tests/interviews the first week of February, and was told to show up on course for the same weekend. Not saying it will be like this for you, but the point I'm pushing is be ready to put some weekend plans on hold on very short notice if you get your course.

Best of luck.

Kk thx for the advice, If BMQ comes early (and I hope it does) I wont care less about any other plans. All I need to do now is fill out My physical self assesment and my interview page wich I DO need to return to them. I saw that many people did not bring it and had to do it on the spot so I asked the recruiter. Wish me luck!

dont stress about your upper body strength. I am in the same boat you are. Just keep up your pushups and EAT.

good luck with the application

dude im doing the same thing, joining the reserves and want to go for summer training, im droping off my stuff on tuesday, i hope i can make it for basic training in the summer

Well this is super!
Im going on the 26th for my interview and all that stuff.

Now I was nervous that I wouldnt be able to go to Bmq, but I called and the recruiter said i would be fine.  I'm hyped for BMQ

Back