• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Suicide bomb kills two Canadian troops, civilian in Kandahar - 27 Nov 2006

RIP Soldiers - Prayers to the friends and families and my sincerest condolences.

TWo more depart our family.  :salute:

The paths in heaven must be lined with Canadian Flags.  :cdn:

Rest In Peace, Brothers.

I will await your arrival inTrenton.

Rest in peace, may the family's know that I'm with them to share their pain. :salute:

My condolences to the families,friends and the regiment. Rest in Peace. :salute:

Suicide bombing kills 2 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan
Last Updated: Monday, November 27, 2006 | 7:38 AM ET
CBC News
A suicide car bomber struck a military convoy near the southern Afghan city of Kandahar on Monday, killing two Canadian soldiers, NATO says.

There were initial reports that an Afghan civilian was also killed, but NATO officials said they believed there were no civilian casualties.

Maj. Luke Knittig, a spokesman for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force, told CBC News early Monday that the two Canadian soldiers killed in the attack were helping with reconstruction projects in an area where there has been heavy fighting in recent months.

"It is a sad day. Every time we lose soldiers, it is a sad day," he said.

Provincial police chief Ismatullah Alizai said the attack occurred near a gate that leads to the city of Kandahar after the bomber drove up to a military convoy. He said the attack killed one Afghan civilian and wounded another.

The deaths mean 44 Canadian soldiers have been killed in Afghanistan since Ottawa first sent troops to the troubled country in early 2002.

Canada has more than 2,000 troops in the country, with the majority stationed in the volatile province of Kandahar.

Before the latest incident, the last two Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan were Sgt. Darcy Tedford and Pte. Blake Williamson. They died on Oct. 14 when they were ambushed west of Kandahar.

On Sunday in southern Afghanistan, a suicide bomber killed 15 Afghans and wounded 24 after setting off a bomb in a packed restaurant.

With files from the Associated Press

=====================================================================================================================
ADDED:
From http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/11/27/soldiers-death.html
======================================================================================================================

EveryDayIsRemembranceDay.gif

RIP soldiers.  :cdn: :cdn: :salute:

Our thoughts and prayers with family, fellow soldiers and friends of the fallen.

I'd like to say thanks to CTV.

I just saw a clip on the news. "Comming up, Attack on Canadian convoy kills two soldier"

Holy crap.  I stop what I'm doing and anxiously wait for the story.
News comes back after commercials.
Oh look at that, the first story is how much snow there is out in BC. Awesome. Second story is about Ottawas airport or something. 3rd, something about a priest who was a prostitute turn priest and  finally 4th, the story on the dead Canadian soldiers.

Thanks CTV.

My son is in 1RCR in Afghanistan they certainly have had their share of tragedy.God Bless .Keep your head up guys.

Flawed Design said:
I'd like to say thanks to CTV.

I just saw a clip on the news. "Comming up, Attack on Canadian convoy kills two soldier"

Holy crap.  I stop what I'm doing and anxiously wait for the story.
News comes back after commercials.
Oh look at that, the first story is how much snow there is out in BC. Awesome. Second story is about Ottawas airport or something. 3rd, something about a priest who was a prostitute turn priest and  finally 4th, the story on the dead Canadian soldiers.

Thanks CTV.

As sad as that is, the reality of it is that it isn't news anymore.

Please respect the wishes of the families to allow them to deal with this tragic loss.

Sincere condolences to the friends, families and coworkers of those killed.

RIP, you will always be remembered  :salute: :cdn:

Back