• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swearing In and Basic

BushmasterBob

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I am in the Windsor area and was wondering when and if I'm selected to join, where abouts would I go to get sworn in?  Also, if BMQ will be in St. Jean for me, will I be riding the Greyhound or will it be a plane ticket out of here?  Thanks

Likely the CFRC, unless you are a Reserve applicant, then likely at your unit.
St Jean for BMQ, yes, assuming you are a Reg F applicant.
Probably a plane to Montreal, again, assuming your are a Reg F applicant.

Bushmaster Bob,
You will be enrolled at CFRC Windsor, bring family and friends if you wish. The clerks at the CFRC will provide details on your travel, usually air or possibly VIA rail depending on cost and travel time. They usually book two or three weeks in advance of travel dates. 

Good luck at basic.

I'm heading to St. Jean from London area and they are purchasing a train ticket for me.  I would guess the same for Windsor.  Not a 100% though.  Air would be nice.

Yes, I also received a via train ticket out of Windsor.  Leaves bright and early (maybe no so bright) at 0600 hrs.  Cya there

Your life as you know it, is about to take a 180 degree turn.

Your family increases by 60,000+

On the ladder of people to respect, you will be at the top.

Take advantage of the opportunity to serve your country and aid others.

You will walk straighter, have a firmer handshake and look people in the eyes when you talk.

Your actions in and out of uniform will define how people see the military.

You will never be alone.

You are a soldier.

Back