• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Swearing in Ceremony

Kenyan

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, So on April 23rd I got "the call" I said yes, I was told I would be phoned at a later date with flight information to Vancouver for the ceremony, on May 21st.

It is May 20th according to my calender, and I have not recieved any information. I have call the Vancouver CFRC and left messages with 3 different answering machines, and no one has gotten back to me yet.

If I have to drive, I will do the 6 hours there, but I don't know when it is, what to bring if anything. I can't afford to spend $150 on gas, and end up being wrong date or time, or whatever.

So my question is, what happens if I don't get a call back and I miss the swearing in ceremony?

They should be running them fairly often. I wouldn't travel the 12 hours without confirming it with someone. It's their fault, not yours, if they didn't contact you (barring you giving them the wrong number or something) so just keep trying to call them and don't stress.

lol, trying not to stress. but its just that my BMQ starts June 8th. Though at this rate who knows? Left a total of 5 messages with 4 different people. none have gotten back to me. hopefully I'll get a call early tomorrow morning so I can figure out how to get a ride out there. I don't trust my oil burning 86' cutlass supreme to that task. :p

It's nice to know the organization is just as poor as my old job.  ::)

*****************************edit

Going to call them tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a straight answer from them then. And if it is tomorrow, I'll drive down.

Good. Went yesterday, got sworn in. It was just myself, and 2 (officers?). I have yet another secruity form to fill out, hurray! 60-e? Just working on my biography and all that. Still trying to run/rollerblade everyday.

I have a question that i searched for ( used 204.30 then 204.211 as search words) couldnt come up with anything conclusive. Is one the pay rate for officers and the other for ncms?

As the 204.30 has single net pay at $1303.78 and the 204.211 has single net pay as $611.48.  Just curious, as I own a house, but will make sure to bring proof of mortage payments with me to BMQ so I get a deduction of Q/R. Other than that, thanks /threadlock ( but im not an admin)

Not sure if you are going NCM or Commissioned so here are both pay scales,

http://www.forces.ca/media/_PDF/PayScalesNCMReg_en.pdf

http://www.forces.ca/media/_PDF/PayScalesOffReg_en.pdf

Back