• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Switching cadet type (Army, Air, Sea) and summer camp courses...

AIC_2K5

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey. I'm an Air Cadet (777 Neptune) and I was wondering if it was possible to take an army cadet course? I did AIC this summer (best course ever) and I was thinking about trying out for para. I heard someone I was going to camp with, his brother (who is a sea cadet), was taking para...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sorry but Para like most Army Cadet courses are strictly for Army Cadets. Para is pretty much everyone's dream but very few Army Cadets get to do it, so I doubt Air cadets will get on it.

Honestly, the only courses that are transferrable between elements are the band courses, since the subject matter is so much similar. I have seen a few air cadets (and even some on staff) at Vernon Army CSTC, but they were all in Band Coy.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely that an air cadet or sea cadet would be allowed on the Army Cadet Parachutist course, since you must have your National Star before you go, and in order to get that, you need to be an army cadet. So if your friend's brother decides to transfer over to army cadets and challenge the NSCE, then defently, he would be allowed to attempt para.

ouyin2000 said:
Honestly, the only courses that are transferrable between elements are the bad courses, since the subject matter is so much similar.

Bad courses eh? Sounds interesting.................;)

hehe, sorry, I meant BAND courses, I just caught that one now. In no way am i implying that the band courses are bad. ::)

Quite...........not saying that they aren't bad either eh?  ;)

Ah, poor bandies, get no respect......... ;)

This one time...at band camp... ;D

..........I accidentally hit a ground pounder with a plane.......;)..........ah the joys of flight....... ;D

My F/Sgt at camp pegged an army sergeant in the head with an air hog he bought at the science centre. ;)

AIC_2K5 said:
Hey. I'm an Air Cadet (777 Neptune) and I was wondering if it was possible to take an army cadet course? I did AIC this summer (best course ever) and I was thinking about trying out for para. I heard someone I was going to camp with, his brother (who is a sea cadet), was taking para...?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure whether or not it is possible for an air cadet to apply for para, but I did take the course last summer (and passed) as an army cadet and have never heard of such a thing ever happening. But the way I see it, even if you were able to apply, you would be at the bottom of the pile for selection because they only send a certain number of cadets from each region (the course has a maximum capacity of 48 people, period), and it is the most sought after course in the entire army cadet system. Also, if an air cadet(or sea cadet) was to take the course I don't think that they'd be very well accepted by the other members of the course, and on that course the support of your fellow jumpers often means the difference between being "Airborne or Popcorn".

I wouldn't feel too bad about it though, air cadets do have their own courses which you can take to earn your "wings" ;) 

Back