• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Thanks all, for the continued support. I'm happy to say that the performance problem seems to have been resolved, and we have been running stable for a couple of weeks now. We also have a decent head start on the server renewal fee for May, so we are in good shape.

Thanks!
Mike

Nicely done Mike.

Give a shout out if you need more support.

Mike,

One other site I frequent recently disabled support for Tapatalk.  As a Tapatalk user I was dismayed, but apparently the server-side software is not well optimized, and causes some performance issues.  Might that be part of the problem we experience here from time to time?

Could be related, however we are currently still doing "OK" on the performance side. Something to consider if things go sideways though. For now, I've added some tracking scripts which help me identify when performance is starting to lag and take action to improve it. So far that's been working pretty well.

Subscribed - Site is definitely worth a few bucks to maintain.

I get no hits whatsoever when searching even the most basic words this morning.

Bruce Monkhouse said:

:ditto:  so it's not just a Mod problem, but: 1) I did use the normal search function yesterday, and 2) I can still search army.ca through Google.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Same - via FireFox, Chrome and IE.

Good catch, I did another server upgrade a few days ago and that broke the search. It's fixed now.

Yeah we have seen a few traffic spikes in the last few days. I'm trying to keep on top of them and level things out a bit.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned on here yet, but anytime I access the site on any of my mobile devices the text only has enough room for two or three words before starting a new line.

The forum
and text
in the posts
shows up
looking
like this.
Making it
pretty difficult
to read
any longer
posts or
articles.

I had thought it was just the phone I had currently been using, but after getting a new phone the other day, as well as accessing the site on another completely different device (PS Vita), the site was still displaying itself very narrowly on all of the devices.

E.R. Campbell said:
Works fine for me on an iPhone 6.

hmmmmm...I have been having the same problem as Oddball on my iPhone 4s for about 3 weeks now.

I am also having that issue on an Iphone 6. I have to rotate things to landscape in order for the website to appear normally.

Flavus101 said:
I am also having that issue on an Iphone 6. I have to rotate things to landscape in order for the website to appear normally.

Ah, now I see ... I was using/always use it in landscape; so yes, I have the same problem in "vertical" mode: the person's name/avatar takes up half the screen, leaving too little space for the text.

There was a recent change to the mobile site template to make it more "Google friendly" and this appears to be an unfortunate side-effect. There may not be a quick resolution, I'm afraid...

Back