• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Folks,

A significant server upgrade was completed this morning, as always please let me know if there are any residual issues.

Cheers
Mike

Looks good so far, Mike ...

... and I can edit my posts, now ... IF I use the "Modify" button near the top, but if I use the yellow Edit button, near the bottom I cannot ~ when I press save nothing happens.

___
P.S. Using Opera on a Mac, both up to date.

It seems the wap2 login page (https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=login;wap2) doesn't work. After attempting to login I get the following error message:
An Error Has Occurred!

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.
I have to return to full version to login.

E.R. Campbell said:
... and I can edit my posts, now ... IF I use the "Modify" button near the top, but if I use the yellow Edit button, near the bottom I cannot ~ when I press save nothing happens.

The lower Edit button triggers inline editing... some browsers may not like it. Personally I don't like or use that method, it's always seemed a bit flaky.

Rheostatic said:
It seems the wap2 login page (https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=login;wap2) doesn't work. After attempting to login I get the following error message: I have to return to full version to login.

Works OK for me, you may have to clear your Army.ca related cookies and try again.

Advertisement bars have been added to the top and bottom of the screen again ?

They never left, but it's possible your ad blocker isn't working. :)

I have made some changes to the ad code, it may result in some new stuff, we will give it a shot and see if the lemon is worth the squeeze.

Mike Bobbitt said:
I have made some changes to the ad code, it may result in some new stuff, we will give it a shot and see if the lemon is worth the squeeze.

AH!

So site members are not posting ads in their posts?.....It is your new update.

I'm getting ads all of a sudden.  This shouldn't be happening, what gives?

I'm perfectly happy with the ads if it helps Mike pay the bills.  :cheers:

Journeyman said:
I'm perfectly happy with the ads if it helps Mike pay the bills.  :cheers:

But as subscribers we are not supposed to see them.....

I am still being bombarded with ads both at work and home.  This has only cropped up a couple of days ago.

jollyjacktar said:
I am still being bombarded with ads both at work and home.  This has only cropped up a couple of days ago.

Okay, so it's not just me then...

PMedMoe said:
Okay, so it's not just me then...

Yes, there’s ads everywhere all of a sudden, even on mobile—Signed-in as a subscriber or not.

Getting ads on PuffinPro, Android Samsung Galaxy. 10.1 Latest upgrades on all.

I'm seeing them randomly here and there on my desktop

Windows 10
Puffin browser for Windows.

Back