• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrades- Improvments Over The Years

Mike - "Today‘s Active Topics" doesn‘t always seem to update properly. I also seem to randomly be missing posts (not whole threads). Neither of these are too bothersome really - just mentioned it in case others were experiencing similar problems. Otherwise - great job on the board - thanks!

Hi muskrat,

Can you give me some examples of what‘s missing? I haven‘t noticed this, but I‘m not always up to date here... There‘s a cache involved, so it may take a few minutes for new posts to show up, but if that‘s not it, I‘d be curious to see what‘s going on...

Thanks

Hi Mike

For some reason I notice my last post has not come up. It is in the current affair setion. It is listed, but once you go in...it does not appear.

Thanks

Hi Digger,

I can see it OK:

http://cdnarmy.ca/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000411;p=2#000016

Assuming that‘s the one you meant... Still, there are a number of reports of old pages being cached. I‘ll have to look into it and see if I can figure out what‘s going on...

If you don‘t see your post right off, try hitting CTRL-Reload...

Cheers

I have a few thoughts:

An Airborne Instant Graemlin.

Include an "Canadian Intrests" in your web links. It would clean-out the media and misc government sites from the "Canadian Army related" links.

I have noticed a few things (these may be intentional, but . . . )

I have always used the Engineer flag (
icon14.gif
) in my signature, but only the UBB Code appears now. Has this option been disabled?

I was not able to start a new thread in the Admin forum (for my previous observation), I had to reply to an existing thread.

Hi McG,

Fixed the signature problem... Also, new posts are disabled in this forum, to try to keep it as an "announcements" area. Though I see that this means there‘s really no area for users to report problems in... I‘ll have to see what I can do about that.

Thanks

Hi,

I have a problem with loging in, I can post or reply but not login, my pasword is correct but it will not login. Thanxs

Is there an error message displayed? Since you can log in for posting, your password is OK, and it sounds like your browser may not be able to accept cookies... If cookies are disabled, you‘ll have to enable them before you can log in.

Good day Mike:
I have a problem/question.

All my gremlins seem to have run away.
Is this my system prob or am i missing
something important?
Makes it hard to let the guys know when
i am serious or not.

Thanks in advance.

I‘ve [temporarily] taken the list out, due to the bandwidth problems I‘ve been having. (Every bit helps.)

They‘re still available, you just have to type them in manually now. ;)

Hope to restore all of this back to normal in a week or so.

No error message the screen just flashes and says not loged in, to login...

Try using this link to log in, to see if it helps at all:

http://cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=login

Just a quick note. The pop up add at the top of the forums screens blocks the ability to enter your own profile. Is there another way to get in to your own profile to edit it?

Wow, your screen resolution must be set pretty low. The ad should be floating just to the right of the logo, with a gap before the profile link. If there‘s no gap, it‘s because the browser window doesn‘t have enough room to display all the elements.

I may have to rethink the placement, but in the mean time, you can get there directly by this URL:

http://cdnarmy.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=my_profile

Thanks E-Town, I missed that... It‘s fixed now, but there are likely others. Please let me know if you see them.

Thanks

Sorry to bug you Mike, but I think I‘ve found a problem. At first, I thought it was something on my end, but now I‘m not so sure.

I used to think I was having cookie problems. Each time I loaded the forums, it said I was logged out. I checked all sorts of settings, to no avail. But I think I‘ve noticed the problem now.

The "Main" page thinks I‘m logged out. However, subsequent forums (Current Affairs, Recruiting, etc.) show that I‘m logged in. Any idea what the problem is?

EDIT: I think I‘ve discovered the problem. The link I used to arrive at the forums used the old "CdnArmy.com" domain name. Presumably, this caused a conflict with the cookie, which was designed for "Army.ca". Don‘t worry about fixing it, if that‘s the case. Not much you can do about that, I imagine.

Yeah, that‘s it exactly... Sorry for the delay in responding!

Cheers

Back