• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrades- Improvments Over The Years

Hi,
I can post, reply and sign in but everytime I hit the "You have an incoming message" it sends me to this page even though I am signed in:

##############
Hello, Wingman [ Stand Down ] Army.ca Forums » FYI
You are not logged in. You must be logged in (and registered) to perform this function.

Login or Register

» Please use your browser‘s back button to return.

################

What am I doing incorrect? I was able to retrieve personal messages a week ago but it stopped working around Aug.6. I have tried setting my browser to accept all cookies but that didn‘t work either and I followed the link mentioned above and it gave me the same error when I tried to get personnel messages.

Thanks,

Hi Wingman,

Try visiting this link to kill off all the cookies that are set by your browser:

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=clearcookies

That‘ll force you to log in again, resetting all your cookies. Also, make sure you‘re using army.ca as the domain for all your links (not forums.army.ca, forums.cdnarmy.ca, cdnarmy.ca, etc...)

Seems a bit strange, but we‘ll figure it out...

Cheers

Mike - I very much enjoy your site and appreciate the work you‘ve put into it, as well as the constant improvements.
Thought you‘d like to know.

Thanks! I appreciate all the support and feedback people have provided, it helps keep things going!

Cheers

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that there have been some updates here:

• Topic reply subscription
  • Quick Reply
  • Search enhancements: Ability to search multiple forums, categories; search user PDNs rather than numbers
  • Better registration / login / activity tracking for usersearch
  • Category enhancements: Descriptions, hidden/collapsed, style templates
  • Signature preview implemented via a new profile edit confirmation page
  • Remember Me box on login form
  • Ability to review user agreement after signup (linked on profile page)
  • Link to user post history from profile page
  • User prefs to check signature/disable graems checkboxes by default
  • Other misc enhancements to reduce annoyance (email prefs hide properly, user rating text goes away, links are smarter if the next/prev links hit a dead end, etc)

If you have any questions about these, or have any problems, just let me know.

Cheers

Hello Mike

I‘m Richard

From the nethelands.

i‘have one question around the canadian dogtag

Ask where is the groove for at the underside of the id plate.

richard

Hey Mike, i am new here and i dont really understand how this forum works yet so i have a few questions:
Why does it say civilian next to my name in the edit profile screen?
I cant seem to find the list of all the avatars!
If my avatar isnt there do i just post a link on this topic so you can make it an avatar?

thanks.

Hi Danny,

The "Civilian" line is just a title, and can be edited in your profile. (Looks like you figured that out already.) The avatars are also there, just click on "Select a different Avatar Image" and that will bring up the list. (Note that there are several pages of avatars.)

If the one you want isn‘t there and you have a copy, please e-mail it to me (Mike@Army.ca) and I‘d be glad to add it for you.

Cheers

It was a judgement call, I didn‘t want people direct quoting large messages since it takes up extra server space and bandwidth. I‘ve enabled the feature, and hopefully it will be used judiciously...

Cheers

Folks,

Over the next week or so I‘ll be working on a series of system upgrades. As a result, there will likely be little things breaking here and there while I work. I‘ll do my best to keep these to a minimum by testing on another system first, but I can‘t promise there won‘t be hiccups.

If you happen to notice anything that doesn‘t look right, please let me know. The faster I find out the faster I can address the problem.

Thanks, and I appreciate your patience while I run through this.

Cheers

Hey Mike,
This keeps poping up at the bottom of your page

Content-type: text/html Security Alert! The PHP CGI cannot be accessed directly.
This PHP CGI binary was compiled with force-cgi-redirect enabled. This means that a page will only be served up if the REDIRECT_STATUS CGI variable is set, e.g. via an Apache Action directive.

For more information as to why this behaviour exists, see the manual page for CGI security.

For more information about changing this behaviour or re-enabling this webserver, consult the installation file that came with this distribution, or visit the manual page.

Thanks, I‘ve taken care of that one, at least for now...

Cheers

Mike,

Just logged in and on your intro page it is surrounded by white with large error messages on top; something about can‘t find Bobbit. No computer whiz so don‘t have any idea what they mean.

If you see them again can you send me the link? Also any more info on the error text would be helpful. I couldn‘t find it anywhere...

Cheers and thanks

Mike, its on the main page: cdnarmy.ca and here are the error messages its showing. The animation is surrounded by a white border with this on top:

Warning: main

(/home/bobbitt/www/army/includes/header_noad.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bobbitt/www/army/frames/intro.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘/home/bobbitt/www/army/includes/header_noad.php‘ for inclusion (include_path=‘.:/usr/local/lib/php‘) in /home/bobbitt/www/army/frames/intro.php on line 4

Mr Bobbit,

this error comes up when certain buttons in the forum are pressed (ie profiles, sub-forum links and some (not this one) forum thread quick links).

An error has occurred:

"php -f /home/bobbitt/www/army/includes/forumad.php" not readable at inc_ubb_ad.pm line 5.

hope this helps

Thanks, think I‘ve fixed that one now as well. Let me know if you see it again.

Cheers

Back