• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The army08 Medical Mega Trauma Thread

nn1988 said:
Your train-wreck brings awful memories flooding back... I live in Barrhaven, Ottawa - a red light away from crash site and what happened exactly a month ago was very sad... My dearest thoughts to the friends and families of the crash victims.

Not to be morbid, but the way OC Drivers go through Red Lights, not indicating lane changes; well.....poor drivers generally for the most part.....I am surprised that more similar accidents haven't happened with more fatalities.  For the most part, their buses have been much larger than the vehicles that they have hit.

George Wallace said:
Not to be morbid, but the way OC Drivers go through Red Lights, not indicating lane changes; well.....poor drivers generally for the most part.....

I completely agree. For the most part, they are very reckless and aggressive on the road in their lane changing, forcing their way into the lane no matter what speed the driver in the adjacent lane is approaching. But hey.., give them an inch and they'll take mile.
Also, there's nothing funnier than seeing one of those 40 feet long, 180 HP behmoths struggling up a slope during a 15 cm snowfall  :-X

George Wallace said:
Not to be morbid, but the way OC Drivers go through Red Lights, not indicating lane changes; well.....poor drivers generally for the most part.....I am surprised that more similar accidents haven't happened with more fatalities.  For the most part, their buses have been much larger than the vehicles that they have hit.

The bus versus train accident recently on the TV news reminds me of a call we were sent to years ago. A TTC bus packed with rush-hour subway commuters was hit by a GO train. Nine bus passengers died and many more were injured. Half of the bus was carried down the tracks by the train.

The temperature was below freezing and it was a long time before the last of the victims was finally loaded into an available ambulance.

It wasn't the bus driver's fault. The emergency brake over-ride failed.

Co-incidentally, the first ambulance bus I worked was the same make and model. A GMC "fishbowl".

nn1988 said:
Also, there's nothing funnier than seeing one of those 40 feet long, 180 HP behmoths struggling up a slope during a 15 cm snowfall  :-X

I remember a few times we didn't make it and had to be towed up.

This thread resembles the OP.

Back