• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The army08 Medical Mega Trauma Thread

Bruce Monkhouse said:
You have nothing better to do with your time while in Mexico? :pullhair:
Are you kidding me?!

This is the BEST Recruiting thread ever!     :nod:

:pop:

Bruce Monkhouse said:
You have nothing better to do with your time while in Mexico? :pullhair:

Week left and budget is getting dry... only really beach and cheap food left.. after some time in the sun, just shower and chill with some yoga. Jogging running earlier in the day. Casual swimming. I've been looking for pull up bars but can't find any. I don't feel like drinking only one day of heavy drinking on the catamaran ride over to Isla Mujeres.

Spend the evenings surfing the net. I spend a lot of time online, reading the news. I've been learning some Spanish via youtube though, as well as watching the odd stand up comedy routine.

No, not really. Do you have any suggestions?

My budget is quite tight now.

Also its not black and white, while you can support some things, I think not only myself has reservations that aspects of Afghanistan were not the ideals that Canada or Canadians aspire to, and much was learned.

Can you explain that statement?

army08 said:
Week left and budget is getting dry... only really beach and cheap food left.. after some time in the sun, just shower and chill with some yoga. Jogging running earlier in the day. Casual swimming. I've been looking for pull up bars but can't find any. I don't feel like drinking only one day of heavy drinking on the catamaran ride over to Isla Mujeres.

Spend the evenings surfing the net. I spend a lot of time online, reading the news. I've been learning some Spanish via youtube though, as well as watching the odd stand up comedy routine.

[...]

My budget is quite tight now.

Start writing a book or a diary. ^ The above would make an interesting preface. ;)

army08 said:
I submited the application because I would follow through, I've been willing to serve for over 5 years now, however I have had, and continue to have some geopolitical reservations. I'm a moral individual, and I do have issues of conscience when it comes to human rights. [font=arial[color=black]]I was against the grounds of Afghanistan  [/font] [/color] - I felt it was consolidated and the public was lied to. I have a general idea of what to expect in terms of potential military deployments over the term of service since I have had I feel enough exposure to the situational development, I don't think there will be any suprises. I also think this is really getting close to the end of the line for modern warfare.

/end wall of text/
army08 said:
you also say I was "against foreign operations". I think it is safer to directly quote my statements rather than perhaps leading to taking them out of context.
You have a valid point people who think and have reservations can be a liability. I operate on good faith. But no I didn't oppose Afghanistan

HHMMMMMMM

army08 said:
None the less I really pissed off the wrong people, none the less, I soon after got a second opinion and it eventually sorted out as "does not support original diagnosis." The original diagnosis was total bollocks. You may have had the situation of reading a report and seeing out of context information, hearsay, and complete fabrication, well that's what its all about. I've dealt with a lot of such nonsense.

I've applied anyway online for regforce, as stated I don't think it will go through. I'm pretty sure a CSIS secret clearance will come into play eventually and if they depend on paperwork or people who have openly falsified documentation either by out of context reporting, nonexistence of evidence, or fabrication of evidence, then the clearance will fail.

Ah, and I also have an assault charge on record, for yes again, a consipracy and purgered trial in which someone said I pushed them whilst attempting to buy a pack of cigarettes, but only appearing 23, about 10 years ago. I am eligible for pardon, but I won't recognize it and I've been suggested to have a special appeal as I was unable to get the royal prerogative without exhausting appeals. The courts would not investigate or press the charges related to the purgery, which I pursued soon after, and my appeals at the time were ignored. None the less, I did not 150% honest do what they said I did.  The judge even admitted in open court to making a false statement about my statements as grounds for conviction and changed the opinion that took many weeks to determine on the fly.

Sounds like  lot of people are out to get you >:D

fake penguin said:
Also its not black and white, while you can support some things, I think not only myself has reservations that aspects of Afghanistan were not the ideals that Canada or Canadians aspire to, and much was learned.

Can you explain that statement?

It gets dark early here, I went off to bed. It is off topic but I'll give it a shot.

There was a split in popular support with a minor but visible anti war movement. There were a number of scandals which surrounded human rights issues. While the US had a much worse track record for indisciminate killing, sexual assaults, and violtations of human rights treaties, Canada also had some problems.

While some of them could be within the gamut of operational fallout, such as destruction of a large number of residences, killing children such as the kid riding bike incident(s), and hand over of prisoners to a country that openly admited torture as a common procedure, not all of them were.

We had countries openly in violation of the Geneva convention, an absolute contempt of the international rules of war. We had countries linked with the drug trade, and we had indiscriminate assassinations, or accidental killings.

While the public is not told the whole story, the standards exercised by NATO forces in Afghanistan were far below the expectations of the diplomats sitting in conference rooms and halls.

there have likely been books written on these things and a lifetime worth of reading in one off articles, perhaps I can recommend some of these if it is of interest to you.

The key is though that there were some nasty occurrences in Afghanistan that arn't what would be expect of Canadians in Canada. Afghanistan was a major shift in the mores of Canadians for use of their military. From the Post-War period up until around Yugoslavia Canada had a strong image as Peace Keepers. Iraq in Gulf Storm was moralized due to the media message on the liberation of Kuwait, and the war at that time didn't go much beyond protection of a country being mauled by a much larger and militarily superior state, the idea of Kuwait as just another province of Iraq was one that didn't have any authority, so it was moral.  Even if it wasn't a democratic state, unlike Iraq, or as Iraq was supposedly suppose to be. The Bathist movement was a very strong movement in the Arab world for obvious reasons. None the less when presented with Afghanistan, we have a country that had been undergoing civil conflict perhaps most of its history, and it seemed that the Taliban were finally posed to unit all of Afghanistan under a strong central government and hardline justice system. The issue was that culturally the country was Muslim although not everyone was a hardline muslim, and culturally it was largely tribal based. The country run by Talibans presented a majority group rule by the Pashtuns. If not for Al-Qaeda being fingered with the 911 attacks, and Usama was dumped into the ocean rather than put on trial, the nonUN authorized invasion of Afghanistan would likely have remained a CIA and SAS operation in Northern Afghanistan.  All in all the rationalization of invading a country as far from Canada as is posssible to intall an alternate Muslim government to rig its elections, and extend the civil chaos and war under fragmented rule seemed to be an exercise in futility and the major issue was civilian casualties. The fact the war continues, and has dragged on for more than a decade at heavy costs, although nothing like IRAQ, makes little sense. Behind the scenes there is likely a lot of missing information. At the end of the day, have they been made better countries with less harm within the context of their culture? This I do not know, but as stated it is easy to fixate on the 'bad' stuff that went on as opposed to the good stuff. At the end of the day, its been their tribal areas for longer than Canada has existed, it is clearly an invasion and occupation. The identity of imperialism and vendetta is one easily conjured, both those identities have largely been stigmatized in an era of respect and nationalism. I think for the US those ideas are very well entrenched first as the worlds police man, they feel the need to make war because they are hurt without regard for the effects of making war as an escalation of the problems that caused the problem in the first place. I think Canada has ongoing had a higher moral standard than the United States, and in opting to support a war that was started before UN authorization and contrary to the UN charter and rules of war, it presented a moral issue, and as stated when international law is ignored, the standards that law abiding and respectful Canadians expect are not being met. So in that regard with those factors, I am hopeful you have a better impression of what I meant in those statements, I don't think it is neccesary to really go more in depth than that.

The doctor said no to firearms. I'm about to say no to the keyboard (as it applies to this site)

Fair warning.

Is there an inoculation for twits?  ::)

army08 said:
While the public is not told the whole story, the standards exercised by NATO forces in Afghanistan were far below the expectations of the diplomats sitting in conference rooms and halls.
The true moral arbiters of proper conduct, natch.

there have likely been books written on these things and a lifetime worth of reading in one off articles, perhaps I can recommend some of these if it is of interest to you.

The key is though that there were some nasty occurrences in Afghanistan that arn't what would be expect of Canadians in Canada. Afghanistan was a major shift in the mores of Canadians for use of their military. From the Post-War period up until around Yugoslavia Canada had a strong image as Peace Keepers. Iraq in Gulf Storm was moralized due to the media message on the liberation of Kuwait, and the war at that time didn't go much beyond protection of a country being mauled by a much larger and militarily superior state, the idea of Kuwait as just another province of Iraq was one that didn't have any authority, so it was moral.  Even if it wasn't a democratic state, unlike Iraq, or as Iraq was supposedly suppose to be. The Bathist movement was a very strong movement ...blah-blah-blah... Canada has ongoing had a higher moral standard than the United States, and in opting to support a war that was started before UN authorization and contrary to the UN charter and rules of war, it presented a moral issue, and as stated when international law is ignored, the standards that law abiding and respectful Canadians expect are not being met. So in that regard with those factors, I am hopeful you have a better impression of what I meant in those statements, I don't think it is neccesary to really go more in depth than that.
The University of Patchouli's Human Security faculty called - they'd like to have their selective analysis back.

Scott said:
The doctor said no to firearms. I'm about to say no to the keyboard (as it applies to this site)

Fair warning.

Fair enough, a doctor hasn't actually said no yet, the CFO has asked for a medical. I've previously been cleared by the CFO as having no weapon prohibitions. Just for clarity on that. But my PAL got administratively delayed as my name was backwards, and now the medical.  I have yet to do the medical.

It was a pleasure chatting.

Journeyman said:
Are you kidding me?!

This is the BEST Recruiting thread ever!     :nod:

:pop:

I've been rather amused too, but Ow... My head is killing me from the walls of text.  As teacher, reading some of that was painful.  From what I gathered you have a degree and want to be an officer?  From what I've heard and read on here and from actual people in the CF, work on the writing skills - your stuff is pretty "all over the place" as previously noted. And for any officer, good communication skills are required.

I'll also take some of the "analysis" with a grain of salt.  ;)

But good luck with the application.  I'm in my mid 30s and awaiting a medical reevaluation. You're definitely not "too old".

What are you trying to accomplish army08? Do you enjoy just seeing what you type or what? Make up your mind what your doing and quit whining.

At times I do enjoy talking, hearing yourself can be confusing unless it is after the fact, they have actually made sound weapons on that principle, and not the dune variety. As for typing, I do feel good about it at times, I feel thinking in terms of language can be healthy, likewise abstraction is a type of mental exercise, which everyone can benefit from.

Without intending to open up the floor for flak, I'll answer your question.

The thread was subconsciously launched to what I'm summing up as a litmus test. I've seen and heard reports about the 2 billion or 20% of the defence budget being chopped. The new Minister of Defence Nicholson seems to indicate that this will come from administrative reorganization -effectively streamlining the military for operations as opposed to the civy side of things. Since Leslie's plan seems to be in the process of being implemented, and having heard former a former cheif of CF indicate he felt that the momentum would lead to an operational force of 50k to 60k, in operational forces it had me incline that entry into the forces would be almost a given to clam up. Also seeing the mountain of acquisitions slated over the next few years, a near total replacement of atleast 3 or 4 billion dollar programs totaling to over 100 billion dollars, I cannot see how with a 20% reduction in the budget and next years budget required to cut yet even more funding to meet the finance departments goal of having a balanced budget, this with 2 to 3% of gdp effected from issues in the US. All in all to recap my original intent was to get an impression in the forces on the situation from within, as I do not have eyes and ears into the forces. 

As far as making up my mind, I have, however, life is not 1 dimensional, it is actually multi-dimensional with a plethora of potentials all happening in real time. I am not at a point that I have enough information to simply say, only devote time to a regular forces application, or only devote time to a reserve force application, or only devote time to entry into the CF. However it is on the table, and it is something I am pursuing. Things do not develop fast. To limit my options is like only bringing a rifle to a gunfight. 

I went through everything and was referred to see a doctor by the CF doctor as I mentioned there being some conflicting information on my file. I didn't actually look at the letter that was provided by the doctor but I was told to get another opinion but I had spoken to the doctors I had minor contact with.

From what I understand even though the application was closed it is still on file and I am guessing will be reopened or used as a reference on the new application. I havn't seen a doctor in the past 3 years and I don't live where I applied last time, nor do I see any doctor, I have no family doctor and have had no health issues requiring me to involve myself with medical stuff over that period. In general I havn't had a family doctor since the 1990's more or less.

If I was deemed unfit for service then, is it still possible to this time around be deemed fit for service.

I don't actually know the exact reason I was deemed unfit for service as I did't open the letter to find out. I only delivered it between the doctor and the cf.

Since I have no doctor, I'm wondering if going into a clinic and starting fresh on a medical is going to be sufficient.
I have this feeling that some errors from like 9 years ago will contaminate the medical because they were based on faulty information and not medical but rather investigative using hearsay and attacking lifestyle choices.  It seems backward to need to pay thousands of dollars to try to correct an errored medical file. I'd rather just say no, or omit the medical information I don't agree with because it wasn't correct.  Example saying I suffer from passing out, when I don't, I don't feel I should have to say I pass out if I don't, just because a doctor has said I pass out.

I'm wondering what mechanisms exist to facilitate accurate medical information without relying on a doctors opinion that is faulty without having to pay to have the record corrected.

Can I just share my honest opinion? It is a difficult situation because no doctor has any dealings with me on a regular basis, or for the last 3 to 8 years. The doctors I've spoken to have been more so, well 10 years a go a doctor said this, so we will just go with what that doctor said even though you don't think it is accurate.

Vanguard said:
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread! Don't mind me at all. :pop:

Kinda like watching a bus crash... You should look away but you can't!!!

Your train-wreck brings awful memories flooding back... I live in Barrhaven, Ottawa - a red light away from crash site and what happened exactly a month ago was very sad... My dearest thoughts to the friends and families of the crash victims.

Back