• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The C7 Assault Rifle, M16, & AR15 family (C7A1, C7A2, C7 replacment, and C7 vs M16)

If you care about the color of the furniture, mention to Korth that you want it in green, otherwise it will come with black furniture.  I've heard of some guys flipping their green furniture for $300 to collectors because green is no longer being produced and Colt or Korth arranged to have a batch (probably leftovers or returns from another order) available to LE/CF guys only. 

Comes with everything except for the matt:

P9195106.JPG

And yes, seems like most if not all rifles came with the BUIS mounted on backwards.

P9195139.JPG

P9195150.JPG

P9195151.JPG

I am not guru of AR stuff, but I am very happy with my DPMS AP4 shoots great and has a very nice trigger, certainly can't complain for $499 USD

Quite so. How is the rifling? Never fired and dropped only once type of deal, was it?

There was zero wear on the bolt and receiver, nothing but a nice bore to be seen. Banged around, dropped and dusty, but rarely if ever fired.

I think they were issued to African security personnel working in the sandbox. I don't recall which country they were from. I believe I read about it in a CGN thread.

I am only an optic away from carbine perfection. Been wanting a 1-4 accupoint or a 1-6 leupy for a while now. Boxing day deals are coming.  :christmas happy:

Very nice.

Some new optics stuff coming - you may want to wait...
;)

With shot show just around the corner, I'm very intrigued by this news on the optic front. Evolutionary or revolutionary?

new stuff

Some evolutionary - some revolutionary (ish) -- nothing cheap ;)

I will drop some pics and info prior to SHOT,  but have been swore to secrecy until then.

KevinB said:
new stuff

I will drop some pics and info prior to SHOT,  but have been swore to secrecy until then.

COME ON DUDE! For all that is holy, gimme something! I just bought another ACOG and I'm still shopping for a 1-6 or 1-4 for the right price.

You. Are. Killing. Me.

Can I bribe you with something Arcteryx?

I have lots of dead bird  ;D

iPhone11Nov2014430_zps636e627b.jpg

Can always use more though...

I now have 3x C-79 Elcans and 1x Specter DR....I have a hankering for good glass.

Beat me up about the mounts if you will,but I'm comfortable with them.

I have, however, realized that I now have 2 extra uppers with no lowers for them....so I might have to snag another lower or two....*sigh*....

KevinB said:
new stuff

Hopefully will get to meet you in person down there

Good article:

Gun Trouble

The rifle that today's infantry uses is little changed since the 1960s—and it is badly flawed. Military lives depend on these cheap composites of metal and plastic. So why can't the richest country in the world give its soldiers better ones?

The military must change the caliber and cartridge of the guns it gives infantry soldiers. Stoner’s little 5.56-mm cartridge was ideal for softening the recoil of World War II infantry calibers in order to allow fully automatic fire. But today’s cartridge is simply too small for modern combat. Its lack of mass limits its range to less than 400 meters. The optimum caliber for tomorrow’s rifle is between 6.5 and 7 millimeters. The cartridge could be made almost as light as the older brass-cased 5.56-mm by using a plastic shell casing, which is now in final development by the Marine Corps.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/01/gun-trouble/383508/?single_page=true

daftandbarmy said:
Good article:

Gun Trouble

The rifle that today's infantry uses is little changed since the 1960s—and it is badly flawed. Military lives depend on these cheap composites of metal and plastic. So why can't the richest country in the world give its soldiers better ones?

The military must change the caliber and cartridge of the guns it gives infantry soldiers. Stoner’s little 5.56-mm cartridge was ideal for softening the recoil of World War II infantry calibers in order to allow fully automatic fire. But today’s cartridge is simply too small for modern combat. Its lack of mass limits its range to less than 400 meters. The optimum caliber for tomorrow’s rifle is between 6.5 and 7 millimeters. The cartridge could be made almost as light as the older brass-cased 5.56-mm by using a plastic shell casing, which is now in final development by the Marine Corps.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/01/gun-trouble/383508/?single_page=true

I find this article to be quite ignorant of many facts, the low hanging fruit among them being the cost. Believing that the cost would be about 1k for a rifle, suppressor, and trackingpoint-esque sight is a little out of it, even with massive discounts for volume. The reality is that the cost/benefit analysis ended up with the conclusion that the money would be better spent on a revolutionary change vs the evolutionary ones they've seen so far.

My :2c:

Wrong on so many levels. For instance, pair the 5.56 with a good performing modern projectile and the caliber argument is moot. Modern ammunition has gone a long way since FMJ ball. Dismounted targets are engaged on a regular basis with 40mm HE so I don't understand why we are stuck with FMJ ball in small arms. The range argument is poor too. We're talking personal small arms here. There are more effective tools for reaching out and touching people. Not that it matters anyway because most troops are hardly designated marksmen in the first place. Better COA is to stop wasting millions on dumb ideas and invest in training.

My :2c: as well.

I apparently read a different op-Ed than others.

My main takeaway was that our infantry is not being provided with the best rifle possible which is ridiculous given the cost to replace all infantry rifles in the USA is roughly the cost of one fighter jet.

Back