• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The end of Kiwi shoe polish?

share no GIF

...and desert boots! When NATO armies switched to brown suede boots, it spelled the end of black boot polish!

Also, does this mean the CAF has to change to patent leather parade boots and Oxford shoes?

Seth Meyers Throwback GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Also, does this mean the CAF has to change to patent leather parade boots and Oxford shoes?

Seth Meyers Throwback GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Report, at once, for re-educating.

This is a dark, dark day…

(well, actually, gray and scuffed…)

If we really want to be certain about the end of Kiwi, we need to support Australia invading and liberating New Zealand at the same time.
Emutopia finally beats Kiwiland! :ROFLMAO:

I have a pair and refuse to go back to the crap shoes logistik has.
Are you talking about the SWAT patent leather ones? I found them to be worse at keeping sweat/odour in than our green issued boxers.

The Logistik Oxfords with Leather Luster are my go-to DEU shoes.

Emutopia finally beats Kiwiland! :ROFLMAO:

Are you talking about the SWAT patent leather ones? I found them to be worse at keeping sweat/odour in than our green issued boxers.

The Logistik Oxfords with Leather Luster are my go-to DEU shoes.
Yes, for the amount of time I have to wear them, the level effort I save, the comfort they provide, I prefer them to the current Garbo logistic has. The older issued Oxfords were fine but when they changed them I was less than impressed.

Reactions: ueo
Hardly surprising with the ongoing 50+ years trend away from dressing well. People have been wearing what look like pyjamas for years. Still, I figure the odds are increasing that I live long enough to see G-strings become formal evening wear.

Hardly surprising with the ongoing 50+ years trend away from dressing well. People have been wearing what look like pyjamas for years. Still, I figure the odds are increasing that I live long enough to see G-strings become formal evening wear.
And ordering breakfast from Door Dash.

A few years ago a high school attempted to stop students from showing up in pyjamas. I’m not sure what the final verdict was.

Hardly surprising with the ongoing 50+ years trend away from dressing well.
It’s been far longer than that. But, what is “informal” for one generation becomes “formal” for one 2-3 generations later. There is a great Terminal Lance comic about that.
People have been wearing what look like pyjamas for years. Still, I figure the odds are increasing that I live long enough to see G-strings become formal evening wear.
I personally have no issue with “Athleisure” wear, as long as people don’t wear it in outrageously inappropriate times, like a funeral. Daily life though? Sure.

I’m pretty sure that if G-strings become formal evening wear, peer pressure would make them self-selecting.

Back