• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Put together our new outdoor fireplace, and the stone patio it sits on.  Used the instructions to start the first fire since that's clearly what they were supplied for.

LineJumper said:
Had some 'me' time with a pair of concertina wire gloves.

Hope it wasn't in a 'pleasuring, self abusive' sort of way ;)

THAT would be manly ;D

Grilled up some of my famous ribs and ate them directly from the grill. Hot, sticky, and not a plate or napkin in sight.

Today I headed out to do the lawn, as demanded requested by the light of my life, and decided that it was time to replace the blade.  Couldn't find a blade, so I bought a bench grinder instead....

Then I got sidetracked, picked up a bunch of lumber, and spent the day in the basement making storage shelves for camping gear and Army guy stuff - and asked the wife to get some beer because all of that non-lawn mowing was thirsty work.

The lawn can wait....

Mine started off kind of not so manly - coloured my wife's hair as my alter ego Sergio, complete with faux Italian heavily listhpy accent.  I did offer to wear my Meatloaf shirt, but 9D thougth that was a bit over the top.  I then proceded to my martial arts class, where I regained some ego gratification thorugh violence.  Upon my return, I cooked dead animal with fire to go with some recently killed plants for supper.  Ugh Ugh.

MM

Yesterday: Jumped out of airplane, landed. My conversation with the JM was cut short when three of the best looking women I've ever seen walk right in front of us and start posing for cameras and video cameras... wearing nothing but very tiny underwear and parachutes.

Today: Jumped out of airplane, landed. The JM had a helmet camera on so after the jump we watched my exit... but in order for the tape to be cued to my jump we had to watch the video of yesterdays lingere freefall from 10 000 feet (must've been mighty nippy up there dressed like that).

Won a competition at the local watering hole involving a ruler and a stopwatch.

Sapplicant said:
Won a competition at the local watering hole involving a ruler and a stopwatch.

Me too; it involved a straw and a beer and a stopwatch.

Built some shelves had to use power tools and lifted weights

Michael O'Leary said:
It's OK if they are in a fabric you wouldn't be embarrassed to wear as a kilt.    ;D

Does denim count?  ;D

Nothing today, but it's early. Now yesterday I mixed and poured cement around my house and then grilled a steak on the BBQ I assembled myself on the patio I laid while drinking a beer.

Ok the wife helped with the cement bit.  :-[

Not all that manly - removed a dead mouse from the vending machine at work.

PMedMoe said:

I see that they switched the vending machines at your work to all healthy natural products too. ;D

PMedMoe said:
Mmmmm.... Eating local.....

Back