• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Manly Thread

Took the kids to the park, where there are a set of aluminum bleachers, and had them running off the end of the highest bench and jumping into my arms screaming 'AIRBORNE!'. When they turn 3 and 5 I'll work on the PLF drills.....

Did more ego gratification through violence against an innocent punching bag today - then sat at my desk in my t-shirt and boxers after my shower (my one luxury item in my office is an ensuite 3 piece bathroom complete with shower/bathtub) for a half an hour doing some work.  Drew the line at my al Bundy imitation, but the thought crossed my mind.  Incidentally, this was my Clinic WO's Office at work, not home.

MM

Wednesday: Went on date with said girl in my previous post. Paintball, <explicit>, Movie, <explicit>, meet the dad sorta, <explicit>.

Me: Hello sir my name is-
*pulled into her room mid-sentence*

Today: Took her to the zoo, loooooong car ride back if you know what I mean.

Going for three for three Tuesday.  ;)

medicineman said:
Did more ego gratification through violence against an innocent punching bag today - then sat at my desk in my t-shirt and boxers after my shower (my one luxury item in my office is an ensuite 3 piece bathroom complete with shower/bathtub) for a half an hour doing some work.  Drew the line at my al Bundy imitation, but the thought crossed my mind.  Incidentally, this was my Clinic WO's Office at work, not home.

MM

Just being in your office on a Saturday is manly enough you had me interested with  t-shirt and boxers in an office setting, try that on a weekday and I will give you a prize...a one-way trip to a private ward room, if you know what I mean.

Removed the "manly" from a Harley rider today.

He was cruising so I passed him. He then discovered that his bike wasn't fast enough to pass me back.

Simian Turner said:
Just being in your office on a Saturday is manly enough you had me interested with  t-shirt and boxers in an office setting, try that on a weekday and I will give you a prize...a one-way trip to a private ward room, if you know what I mean.

It was Friday - I'd just finished PT, had lunch on my desk and just finished drying off when my phone rang - so I answered it.  The rest is history.

MM

Thanks for the clarification MM. 

As an over-45 father and a one-time average, multi-sport athlete, I took my teenage sons for some tennis time today.  While my on court range and ground strokes remain fair, my post-game knee aches and back spasms indicate my hey-day is in the past.

HavokFour said:
Wednesday: Went on date with said girl in my previous post. Paintball, <explicit>, Movie, <explicit>, meet the dad sorta, <explicit>.

Me: Hello sir my name is-
*pulled into her room mid-sentence*

Today: Took her to the zoo, loooooong car ride back if you know what I mean.

Going for three for three Tuesday.  ;)

Sigh.....

Oh to be young again....

Tommy said:
Sigh.....

Oh to be young again....

BWAHAHAHA!!!  You're 28 years old!  Still peeing on paper!  :D

Went body-surfing in the Pacific for an hour without a wetsuit last Thursday... younger crowd thought I was very 'old school'...

I, at the age of 53, grabbed a rope and swung off a cliff into the waters of Falcon Lake, a 15-20 foot drop, where I executed a perfect belly flop!!!

I then rode behind the boat on one of those tube things that the boat driver can make you do crazy things on!

Jim Seggie said:
...a 15-20 foot drop, where I executed a perfect belly flop!!!

ahahah. A 20 foot drop? I can't imagine how red your chest must be!

Are you counting it as manly behaviour because of how masochistic it is? Or because of its daredevil, "balls-to-the-wall" kind of nature? ahah.

I mowed the lawn this weekend, use the whipper snipper along the fence and everything!

I just spent the afternoon transforming the downstairs storage room into a fully functional bar.

Greymatters said:
Went body-surfing in the Pacific for an hour without a wetsuit last Thursday... younger crowd thought I was very 'old school'...

And when you climbed out onto the beach they tried to get you back in the water, right?  ;D

daftandbarmy said:
And when you climbed out onto the beach they tried to get you back in the water, right?  ;D

That would explain why they kept throwing buckets of water on me while I was trying to dry off...

I rubbed two sticks together in an attempt to achieve combustion. Failing this, I used my magical fire sticks.

agc said:
Played catch with my boy.
That is the most manly post on here. Seriously.

I miss those days. Darn dust in here.....tearing up. Sorry.

Back