• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The recruiting shennanigans of kevin1001100/jkdfhksj, Super Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1001100

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
I applied for the full time reg force and my application was all screwed up and when someone finally told me the CORRECT thing to do i hear from a friend the reg force is full and there not accepting anyone for 2 years...so should i call and tell them to switch my application from reg force to reserve (so that im in atleast something)? or should i stay applied for reg force? i was also told reserves are almost full so its hard to get in. so im thinking if i switch to reserve im gunna be at the end of the line when reg force opens up again on top of that theres a chance i might not even get in reserves if i switch. but if i dont apply for reserves then i gotta wait 2 years to have anything to do with the army. what do you think the best thing to do is?

You needed to create a poll for this question?

Don't be a drama queen.

The regular force isn't full.

Go to the recruiting center and apply for the reg force if you want a full time job and the reserves if you want a part time one.

What was your career choices ? and if your application is good to go its worth the wait .

kevin1001100 said:
I applied for the full time reg force and my application was all screwed up and when someone finally told me the CORRECT thing to do i hear from a friend the reg force is full and there not accepting anyone for 2 years...

Does your friend work in NDHQ or the Canadian Forces Recruiting group in a position where that are guaranteed to know the forecast for recruiting two years in advance?

Have you actually talked to a recruiter yet about your specific trade choices?

Have you talked to the recruiters for the Reserve units in your area?

You can't just have them switch your application from reg force to reserves. A reserve unit must have a spot they're willing to give you, and must give you a letter to bring to the recruiting centre to that effect.

The reg force is not full, nor are the reserves. Recruiting opens and closes periodically as each organization has needs to fill. You either will or will not eventually get a call based on your chosen trade and the strength of your application. Consider what trades you've applied for, and ask yourself what you bring to the table and whether there's anything more you should do to be competitive when many people are looking for work.

Michael O'Leary said:
Does your friend work in NDHQ or the Canadian Forces Recruiting group in a position where that are guaranteed to know the forecast for recruiting two years in advance?

Have you actually talked to a recruiter yet about your specific trade choices?

Have you talked to the recruiters for the Reserve units in your area?

hes just works part time reserves and he said thats what his unit told him
and no i tried but i didnt get through

my friend from the reserves said his unit told him its full and there not hiring for 2 years is this true? has anyone else herd anything about it?

If you are interested in joining the CF, go talk to a Recruiting Centre (for Regular Force) or your local Reserve units to get current information on who is hiring for which trades. Anything you hear may be based on information tailored to an individual question and not applicable to the trades or units you are interested in. We cannot keep track of every possible option, and no sweeping rumour will be correct for all cases.

Perhaps your friend meant that his reserve unit is currently at max capacity and not the regular forces?

I was in the CFRC in Victoria Thursday and dropped of an application on Friday for an open MOC. So at this time there is at least 1 occupation with openings, and new hiring numbers for 2012 come out at the start of the Fiscal Year in April.

Definitely talk to your local regular force recruiting center on recruiting numbers. They will have the up to date information in that regard.

Same guy , diffrent user name , same topic ? yes no maybe so ....

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104404.0.html

Bart905 said:
Same guy , diffrent user name , same topic ? yes no maybe so ....

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/104404.0.html

Same guy, same user name, same topic actually.

kevin1001100 said:
my friend from the reserves said his unit told him its full and there not hiring for 2 years is this true? has anyone else herd anything about it?

Who knows - we aren't Recruiting staff, so maybe talk to them.  Also, people like making or exaggerating rumours - sounds like your friend might be one of them.  Find a new one.  There are folks that are prone to believing them as well.  Stop being one.

MM

You would get a more accurate answer by contacting someone at your local CFRC.

kevin1001100 said:
i was told by a friend that the reg force infantry is full for 2 years is this true??

Are you really asking this again?

Have you talked to any recruiter yet?

The Reg F infantryman is currently overstrength at the Pte/Cpl level, so there has been no off the street intake for some time.

However, there are shortages at other rankls, so skilled entrants (former service, or Reserve force members) may be enrolled to fill those gaps.

The infantry occupation, on the other hand, is not overstrength.

(Infantry and infantryman are two different occupations.  First is officers, second is NCMs.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back