• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The stuff the Army issues is Excellent!

Kind of related to this and the recall of the sleeping bags, but is the CADPAT "ranger blanket" part of the recall?  Those things are awesome.

Asking for a friend.  :whistle:

Dimsum said:
Kind of related to this and the recall of the sleeping bags, but is the CADPAT "ranger blanket" part of the recall?  Those things are awesome.

No, the ranger blanket is not considered part of the sleep system.  The pieces subject to recall are:
Sleeping bag inner
Sleeping bag outer
Sleeping bag liner
Bivvy Bag
Dream Hood
Valise

Dimsum said:

No but I've heard the ranger blanket had made into the "for deployments only" category now. Haven't been able to confirm it since I've had one for so long but I have no reason to doubt the source.

ballz said:
No but I've heard the ranger blanket had made into the "for deployments only" category now. Haven't been able to confirm it since I've had one for so long but I have no reason to doubt the source.

Sure. No one needs to sleep on exercise anyway.

:cheers:

Weird I was told the new Ranger blanket was a replacement for the sleeping bag liner. We had to turn liners in to get them.

I notice the camel backs that the army cwo said would be issued out are still deployment only.

Jarnhamar said:
Weird I was told the new Ranger blanket was a replacement for the sleeping bag liner. We had to turn liners in to get them.

I notice the camel backs that the army cwo said would be issued out are still deployment only.

It would be interesting to hear from one of our many members working in the supply world as I don't want to spin the rumour mill more than I already have.

I didn't hear about the CANFORGEN from my unit, I actually read it on here.  I would have thought this recall would be more timely/effective if the Unit's sent out direction.  I also didn't get any emails that were Wing-Wide etc from the Wing Supply O, etc.

I'm also a fan of the ranger blanket.  Great for long transit!

Eye In The Sky said:
I didn't hear about the CANFORGEN from my unit, I actually read it on here.  I would have thought this recall would be more timely/effective if the Unit's sent out direction.  I also didn't get any emails that were Wing-Wide etc from the Wing Supply O, etc.

In fairness the CANFORGEN does state " Support bases are to issue specific direction to facilitate the recall", I would think that they did not know the order was being issued and right now are coming up with a plan to recall the items in an orderly fashion.

copy.  So. drop it off at the next opportune time or wait for direction from Wg Supply?

What an absolute shit show, I’d weep if it wasn’t so absurdly funny. Thank fox I’m 15 years out of this soup sammich.

Eye In The Sky said:
copy.  So. drop it off at the next opportune time or wait for direction from Wg Supply?
MP at one of the Wings received an email that went Wing wide from Wing Supply stating they were to wait for further direction as this was a surprise to the RCAF writ large as apparently the Army made a unilateral call without consulting and that Wing had concerns WRT people who deploy to the FOL and sleep on cots and in sleeping bags.

Just because you aren't in one of the listed units doesn't mean you don't have a legitimate requirement for the kit that the army doesn't have awareness of so I'd expect there are some conversations being had.

Makes sense to me, I was wondering about the whole Comd CA saying "give er back!" but assumed the Comd RCN, RCAF etc would have said no prob.  Some people are on (Deployment) High Ready and those items are part of the deployment kit list.  I'll stand by to stand by. 

garb811 said:
MP at one of the Wings received an email that went Wing wide from Wing Supply stating they were to wait for further direction as this was a surprise to the RCAF writ large as apparently the Army made a unilateral call without consulting and that Wing had concerns WRT people who deploy to the FOL and sleep on cots and in sleeping bags.

Just because you aren't in one of the listed units doesn't mean you don't have a legitimate requirement for the kit that the army doesn't have awareness of so I'd expect there are some conversations being had.

Not privy to the whole convo but at least on the 4 side of the house the RCN, RCAF and the institutional were tracking the return and had been consulted.  Of course that is staff talking to staff even when it is high level and often issues don't get brfed well (or at all) and things get lost in the shuffle.  Not surprised that there are issues across the board.

It's funny, I tried to return mine when I transferred to the AF and they said I was missing a pouch I was never issued. They didn't want it unless it had the pouch and I was never given a pouch so we were at an empass. Bottom line it's in my basement somewhere. I dig it out and see if they will take it sans pouch now.

Also, I waited a dozen years for that ruck from the announcement to the actual issue. 6 years later they have run out. WTF Over?

I would pay the CAF $200 to be allowed to use my own ruck on ex and deployment instead of that 20 pound monstrosity.

Jarnhamar said:
I would pay the CAF $200 to be allowed to use my own ruck on ex and deployment instead of that 20 pound monstrosity.

Most high altitude climbers will carry about that, in food, clothing, equipment and water, on summit day.

This bag is better quality, has a better sizing system with a modular frame to encompass different bags.
It also has a removable support and ventilation system designed to be worn with body armor and plates

Whole thing pictured weights 8.8lbs.

myb071903101_4.jpg

Whats the price tag on our new rucksack?

Eye In The Sky said:
Makes sense to me, I was wondering about the whole Comd CA saying "give er back!" but assumed the Comd RCN, RCAF etc would have said no prob.  Some people are on (Deployment) High Ready and those items are part of the deployment kit list.  I'll stand by to stand by.

This is from the CANFORGEN on who gets to keep their rucks.  But I would assume there will be exceptions.  We have Class B types parading but not on the unit establishment for example. The NCR has recently sent out times and dates as well as mobile drop off points.  Plenty of people in Ottawa don't need rucksacks or sleeping bags.

MEMBERS FROM THE FOLLOWING UNITS OR FORMATIONS ARE AUTHORIZED TO RETAIN THE MATERIEL IN PARA 3 ON THEIR INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS IAW THE QUANTITIES SPECIFIED ON APPLICABLE SCALES OF ISSUE:
CA: ALL DIV HQ(S), CMBG(S), CBG(S), CRPG(S), CDSG(S), DIV TRG CENTERS, INT COY(S), RCEMES, CSSB, CTC, CMTC, AND PSTC
RCAF: 1 WING: 403, 408, 430 AND 450 SQN. 2 WING: 2 WING HQ, 2 ACCU, 2 AES, 8 ACCS, 4 CES, 2 ERC AND AEW. 17 WING: 440 SQN
RCN: FDU(A), FDU(P)
CFINTCOM: JTF(X), CFNCIU(S), JMC, CFJIC, AND MCE
CJOC: CJOC HQ, ALL CFJOSG UNITS, 1 CDN DIV, JTF(N) HQ AND ASU(N)
SOFCOM: ALL UNITS AND HQ
MPC:

(1)CFHS GP:

(A)CF H SVCS GP HQ, CFHSTC FD INSTR CADRE, REG F FD UNITS AND DETS: 1, 2, AND 5 FD AMB, 1 CDN FD HOSP, P RES FD AMBS AND DETS

(B)ALL CDR/LCOL,LCDR/MAJ AND LT(N)/CAPT OF MED(00196-04),ALL RANKS OF:pA(00374-01),MED TECH(00334-01),BE TECH (00155-01),MLAB TECH (00152-01),MRAD TECH (00153-01),PMED TECH (00371-02),OR TECH (00372- 01),AND NUR (00195)

(2)CFLRS, CFLTC, CMR ST JEAN, AND RMC
ALL CA STUDENTS (BTL) UNTIL AFTER DP1 QUALIFIED OR MBRS LOADED ON COURSES/TASKING FOR THE DURATION OF TRG
VCDS: ARMY MP GP HQ: 1, 2, 3, AND 5 MP REGT. CADET ORGANIZATIONS WILL RETAIN THE KIT UNTIL AN APPROPRIATE REPLACEMENT IS PROVIDED. ALL CADET INSTRUCTORS CADRE AND HQ STAFF WILL RETURN THE ITEMS IN PARA 3
THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE TO THE ENTITLEMENTS FOR MEMBERS ON OPERATION OR OUTCAN. CFTPO TO STATE IF A MBR REQUIRES A TEMPORARY ISSUE OF KIT FOR AN EXERCISE OR A SHORT NTM TASK (EXAMPLE DART)

Seems to be well covered and don't see them coming up with that list without consulting all the players.

I will be happy to return my kit after having it for 6 years and using it 3 times on a weekend.  Foolishness to have everyone in the CF issued it.  In fact one of the times I used my kit was simply because the army reserves could not grasp the concept that a navy member that is in a non-deploy position and only required to do a level one qualify on the C7 could do that in our own naval combat dress. Nope, must wear army combats with all the bells and whistles.

CountDC said:
Seems to be well covered and don't see them coming up with that list without consulting all the players.

I will be happy to return my kit after having it for 6 years and using it 3 times on a weekend.  Foolishness to have everyone in the CF issued it.  In fact one of the times I used my kit was simply because the army reserves could not grasp the concept that a navy member that is in a non-deploy position and only required to do a level one qualify on the C7 could do that in our own naval combat dress. Nope, must wear army combats with all the bells and whistles.

They obviously never saw Steve McQueen in action then :)

Attachments

• Sand Pebbles.png
    Sand Pebbles.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 177
Back