• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

This policy will be hard to enforce as many CWOs in various stages of deployment are wearing 'trial boots' provide by the CF Clothing Committee and these boots look a lot like those that soldiers are buying. 

"I'm sorry Pte but you can wear these boots because I have not finished the trial yet.  I think they are great but get them off your feet before someone takes a picture." ::)

I always found that was a good way to answer at KAF.

"Why are you wearing those non-issue converse boots?"

"I'm trialling them"

Sig_Des said:
I always found that was a good way to answer at KAF.

"Why are you wearing those non-issue converse boots?"

"I'm trialling them"

So, Des, "who wants to know?" wouldn't be an acceptable answer?

dapaterson said:
It's unfortunate that common sense seems so rare.  Anyone else remember the "American Rain Gear" rules prevalent on so many bases in the 80s and 90s: Don't wear it in garrison, but it's fine for the field.

Seems like we need a similar dose of common sense now...

They still say that at CFSME to all staff and students. Guess they are still in the time warp.

Haggis said:
So, Des, "who wants to know?" wouldn't be an acceptable answer?

Might work at your rank level, Haggis, but not so well at mine  ;)

Hey, it's raining and snowing out now, and I'm in the field.  Can I trial a new rainjacket please?  I realise that it's not an urgent operational requirement, but I am getting wet and cold.  I mean, it's not even 1/10th the price of one Globemaster to outfit 25,000 soldiers with rainjackets.  I mean, sometimes, good enough is what's needed.  

Well, since nobody heard me, I'll just wear something non-issue and if anyone tells me to take it off, I'll just smile politely and put it on UNDER my issue stuff, so that I have the appearance required.

Remember this for my tombstone: IT IS BETTER TO BE SEEN AS GOOD THAN TO ACTUALLY BE GOOD.

Then kick someone in the junk for me.

Sig_Des said:
Might work at your rank level, Haggis, but not so well at mine  ;)

Take off your slip on.  Slap on a pair of Oakleys and avoid the barber for a bit.  *Poof!*  You're now from "The Hill".

Haggis said:
Take off your slip on.   Slap on a pair of Oakleys and avoid the barber for a bit.  *Poof!*  You're now from "The Hill".

or in the air force...... ;D

Haggis said:
Take off your slip on.   Slap on a pair of Oakleys and avoid the barber for a bit.  *Poof!*  You're now from "The Hill".

LOL I'll try to see how that goes for me on 1-09

Haggis said:
Parliament Hill? 

I don't get it....

MikeH,

I'm not sure who you are with (NSE maybe?) but at least for the BG we were told that certain items of non issue kit were good to go. i.e. boots - must be desert and look military, gloves - any really except fingerless gloves, chest rigs - they gave us a list of approved rigs which included the CP Gear MOFOCR, Arkitis rigs, Dropzone rigs, and the HSGI Warlord. We have not heard any different so, at least for us, most stuff is pretty much good for wear. I'm not sure whats up with your chain, is it just your particular chain that is saying this?

PhilB yes I'm part of the NSE FP you know which platoon.We where told no non issue kit I'm still going to bring my boots ,gloves,chest rig and holster.I have a feeling its just my gay COC but I guess this order came from 5BG.The word is there is people looking around at FOBS.They know that we will switch out Tac vest for chest rig once outside the wire not sure if this is just a scare tactic or what.My plt was told that the changeover is in march sometime.

I have no idea who or what your COC is.  I don't care.  All I know is that if people are running around in a war zone, making sure that the TVs the troops are wearing are issue, along with boots, socks and so forth, then we're going to lose this war. 

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
I have no idea who or what your COC is.  I don't care.  All I know is that if people are running around in a war zone, making sure that the TVs the troops are wearing are issue, along with boots, socks and so forth, then we're going to lose this war. 

I do know of his CoC, and I sincerely hope it doesn't last. Or at least some of the decisions lacking common sense.

Parliament Hill? 

Look a little southwest of there.  On that hill he'd need a Saville Row suit and a briefcase.

I don't get it....

That's OK.  Even if you did, we couldn't tell you that you were right.

The kit narcs at FOBs are not from my COC.We where told this about the roto over right now.

Well if they aren't in your chain then tell whom ever it is that you have a chit but unfortunately left it back in KAF.

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
Well if they aren't in your chain then tell whom ever it is that you have a chit but unfortunately left it back in KAF.

So then, if they happen to bump into him in KAF ... and find out he's lying ... (or ask for ID/take his name - last 3 etc) ... he's fucked twice?? Because really, anyone in authority can simply get ahold of the clothing section and ask "XXX Bloggins -- is there a chit on his docs for non-issue footwear?" It's happened before, quite frequently actually.

Niiii-iiiice advice.

He'd be in more shit from me for the blatant lying than the boots.

Back