• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

Male clevage is wrong on so many levels... especially when it's furry.  Or so I've been told when wearing the old v-necks...

dapaterson said:
Male clevage is wrong on so many levels... especially when it's furry.  Or so I've been told when wearing the old v-necks...

And on that note it is time to take myself off the list of being informed of new posts

dapaterson said:

OH Gawd!!!

Where's the "retching" smiley?

Haggis....here you go.

puke.gif

Regards

Recce By Death said:
Haggis....here you go.

puke.gif

Regards

Thanks, RBD.  I can think of several threads where I could've used that in the past.

Two points to mention here.

1)  One of the reasons I was told on my tour in Afghanistan (1-06) that we were to all wear the same kit was for night recognition. If we wore another nations kit, it wouls be harder to distinguish us as Canadians.

2)  This is a question for Vern. I have seen Cadpat pattern t-shirts for sale on Ebay. Aret these authorized pieces of kit yet? If I where to buy a few, could I wear then at work?  Just curious.

Kilroy said:
1)   One of the reasons I was told on my tour in Afghanistan (1-06) that we were to all wear the same kit was for night recognition. If we wore another nations kit, it wouls be harder to distinguish us as Canadians.

NV -- and thus NV IFF items are way better than using the shape or lack of a shape of the TV to ID people at night.

Kilroy said:
2)   This is a question for Vern. I have seen Cadpat pattern t-shirts for sale on Ebay. Aret these authorized pieces of kit yet? If I where to buy a few, could I wear then at work?  Just curious.

I have a few questions for you Kilroy:

1) Do you buy all of your military kit on E-bay that is normally issued to you at Base Supply, or just your underwear?

2) Unless you work for Vern, why don't you ask your superiors? 

3) If you do work for Vern why not ask her in person?

4) Are you are one of those soldiers that likes to say to your boss, "You're so wrong, this 'crazy' lady on Army.ca told me I could wear my tie-dyed Hawaiian undershirt under my Coat, Conv, Cbt CADPAT, TW"?

Next you will ask, "Vern, can I wear pink rainboots instead of mukluks during winter warfare."

Frostnipped Elf said:
I have a few questions for you Kilroy:

1) Do you buy all of your military kit on E-bay that is normally issued to you at Base Supply, or just your underwear?

2) Unless you work for Vern, why don't you ask your superiors? 

3) If you do work for Vern why not ask her in person?

4) Are you are one of those soldiers that likes to say to your boss, "You're so wrong, this 'crazy' lady on Army.ca told me I could wear my tie-dyed Hawaiian undershirt under my Coat, Conv, Cbt CADPAT, TW"?

Next you will ask, "Vern, can I wear pink rainboots instead of mukluks during winter warfare."

It's just a question "Person" (Can't say "dude" unless you're a female and I might upset you!!"

1:)  Do you queestion everyone so stupidly when they ask a simple question?

2:) Who s**t in your rice krispies this morning

3:)  If you are not adding to the conversations, then SHUT UP!!!!!!!!

Kilroy said:
Two points to mention here.

1)   One of the reasons I was told on my tour in Afghanistan (1-06) that we were to all wear the same kit was for night recognition. If we wore another nations kit, it wouls be harder to distinguish us as Canadians.

I think that headgear mattered more for night recognition.  Helmet silouette (especially with the MNVGs mounted) was one quick way to tell people apart.  I remember some direction being given on having standardized headgear at night but nothing else and there was every variety of chest rig/TV being worn out there.

I can't resist:

Vern, can I wear pink rainboots instead of mukluks during winter warfare???

I've got an ex this weekend and it would add the right "Je ne sais quois" to my uniform...

I will also call you as a witness on my charge parade.

Just to muddy the waters a bit, I have an issue coolmax CADPAT T-shirt - which was issued as part of the final implementation trial at 3 VP in 99.  It is a great shirt, but has a tendency to retain odour....

PPCLI Guy said:
Just to muddy the waters a bit, I have an issue coolmax CADPAT T-shirt - which was issued as part of the final implementation trial at 3 VP in 99.  It is a great shirt, but has a tendency to retain odour....

Did you get permission from your CO to wear it?

PPCLI Guy said:

And Melt in extreme heat...... ie Fire.

hence why the SOP came out that we could not wear them outside the wire on our tour. just inside KAF and the PRT.

They might melt quicker then combats but everything we wear will melt including the kit we wear to stay warm in A Stan when it gets cold.  What about that issued Gortex Arid Rain suit?  The SOP needs to be ammended.

Wearing fireproof/ cotton only clothing was a big deal for UK troops, in NI and still is in the desert I believe. Except for their jungle kit, all their gear is cotton. The US seems the same, and they have full ripstop cotton gear to support this policy, except for raingear of course.

I've always wondered why we insist on wrapping ourselves up in textiles that will melt nicely into our skins after only modeate heat is applied. One Molotov cocktail can change your mind - or skin texture...

Back