• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"The stuff the army issues is useless" and "no non-issue kit over seas!"

dapaterson said:
A new CANLANDGEN has been published detailing over its six pages and 30 paragraphs numerous items that have been or are in the process of being procured and updated to better serve soldiers (and those serving on land-centric operations).

There is no classification indicated on the message, however, to err on the side of caustion, I will not post it here.  Those interested can find it on the DWAN.  Go to the Army homepage, select "CLS" from the right-hand menu, then look for CANLANDGEN 20/10, titled "APRIL 2010 UPDATE ON OP CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION".

(The title says April, the message date is Mya, and that it's been released in June...)

Could somebody email me that CANLANGEN?

Cheers,

Matt
matt@cpgear.com

pfft, I didn't even bother writing "done" cause I had it sent to him before he finished pressing "post"...

Yeah, I'm that good.

BM: here you go, intranet only - http://vcds.mil.ca/sites/page-eng.asp?page=7276

Bzzliteyr said:
pfft, I didn't even bother writing "done" cause I had it sent to him before he finished pressing "post"...

Yeah, I'm that good fast.

What was it Chandler Bing said before he and Monica slept together?    When they're getting undressed under the covers:

Monica: Wow! You are really fast!
Chandler: It bodes well for me that speed impresses you.

;)

Thanks Bzz

I looked there and it wouldn't ;oad previously now I am good to go thanks brother

PMedMoe said:
What was it Chandler Bing said before he and Monica slept together?    When they're getting undressed under the covers:

Monica: Wow! You are really fast!
Chandler: It bodes well for me that speed impresses you.

;)

I had Bzz figured out long ago. Everyone with a Toy Story generation kid knows full well that Bzzliteyr had to be bailed out by the real Woody each and every single time.

"To infinity and beyond" my ass.  ;)

Edited so that my "infanty" is now "infinity" as it was orginally intended to be; take it in whichever sexual context you wish 'ya pervs.

ArmyVern said:
I had Bzz figured out long ago. Everyone with a Toy Story generation kid knows full well that Bzzliteyr had to be bailed out by the real Woody each and every single time.

"To infanty and beyond" my ***.  ;)

To infantry and beyond?  The motto of the cougars at the gate to Gagetown, I guess.

dapaterson said:
To infantry and beyond?  The motto of the cougars at the gate to Gagetown, I guess.

There, I fixed my damn typo ... and, no, it wasn't "infantry".

Wow I ready like 50 posts and I couldn't stop laughing, like in your face and many *******. Complaining about Canadian Issue personal equipment in many cases I do understand.

In my time, 77 complaining was not an option take what you get and suck it up. Waking up in a damp sleeping bag was part of the deal, now you have Gore-Tex.

The web gear was horrible in those days and the combat boots we called them ankle breakers. your feet would get wet very fast. The Rock-Sacks ect.

I was told Canadian personal are not allowed to wear non issue gear?

As for Ballistic glasses goes, I have two sets of Advancer V12 ESS as two low profile ESS goggles but I have two lenses of 2.4 fitted into one frame and a set of Flakjak, the Foaklies aka Oakley glasses and others of that type are not recommended, yes you do look cool in them.

The US S.F. Oakley SI Ballistic Goggles Array are not bad but $100.00 US ++. IMO The Turbo fan are junk for the price.

And theres one set I can't remember there name the lenses Pop inward not even recommended for paint ball.

How about new fur hats? The CF will get them soon, according to this report, reproduced under the Fair Dealing provisions of the Copyright Act from the Globe and Mail:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/troops-to-receive-distinctly-canadian-fur-hats/article2191297/
Troops to receive ‘distinctly Canadian’ fur hats

INGRID PERITZ
MONTREAL— From Wednesday's Globe and Mail

Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 05, 2011

The Department of National Defence has decided to add fur to the winter gear of the Canadian Forces, a move that’s getting a frosty reception from animal-rights advocates.

The government says fur is part of Canada’s heritage and the winter tuque currently in use doesn’t stand up to the rigours of the Canadian winter. So it’s buying an initial run of 1,000 fur-trimmed caps at a cost of $65,000, for use by guards of honour and Canadian Forces starting this winter.

“It has recently been identified that the winter tuque does not meet the Canadian Forces requirements in our Canadian climate,” said DND spokeswoman Josée Hunter.

It’s another return to tradition for the Harper government, which has restored the “Royal” designation to the air force and navy. British troops serving in Canada in the 1800s wore a fur head covering, and the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals (now the Communications and Electronics Branch) donned muskrat hats in the 1920s and 30s.

Although bearskin caps are still worn by the Ceremonial Guard, the Forces have largely switched from fur to synthetic. A synthetic fur cap was put into general service for male personnel after unification of the forces in 1968, and women’s mink fur hats were replaced by tuques in the 1990s.

Now, however, National Defence says the winter headgear isn’t cutting it, so it is bringing in so-called Yukon caps trimmed with muskrat fur.

“DND has reintroduced fur for the Yukon cap because the current winter tuque and synthetic version of the Yukon cap did not meet the specific requirements of the [Canadian Forces], including the thermal requirements due to our Canadian climate,” Ms. Hunter said in an e-mail.

That claim was greeted with incredulity by animal-rights groups, who say modern synthetics have become proven substitutes for fur.

“There are synthetics that are just as good and that don’t necessitate the killing of animals,” Elizabeth Sharpe of the World Society for the Protection of Animals said from Toronto. “Killing animals for their fur is completely unnecessary and cruel.”

Lesley Fox of the British Columbia-based Association for the Protection of Fur-Bearing Animals says muskrats are known to chew off their limbs to free themselves from leg-hold traps.

“With fur being such a controversial issue, this is a very surprising move,” she said. “When we think of Canada, we think of celebrating wildlife, not wearing it. Any time you have a government or one of its departments wearing fur, it really misrepresents the current values of Canadians.”

The Defence Department defended the move and noted the Forces’ hats are modelled on those worn by the RCMP.

“The uniforms worn by the Canadian Forces are a reflection of Canada’s proud heritage,” Ms. Hunter said, calling the hats “distinctly Canadian.”

web-yukon_JPG_1327135cl-8.jpg

Many, many years ago (1930s), when the former Royal Canadian Corps of Signals operated a wireless network across the Yukon and North West Territories I believe the soldiers were equipped with RCMP buffalo coats and fur hats.

This picture, from a (1970s?) Canadian War Museum collection, I think (Michael O'Leary may be able to confirm), shows a Royal Canadian Corps of Signals NCO in the RCMP buffalo coat and fur cap.

OK. We need the coat too. 8)

Lesley Fox of the British Columbia-based Association for the Protection of Fur-Bearing Animals says muskrats are known to chew off their limbs to free themselves from leg-hold traps.

Which is why most are caught with conibear traps instead. ::)

And the mittens!

I would even be willing to wear the puttees to get that hat/coat/mitten combo

$65,000 ? for 1,000, $65 dollar hat?

WTF over yeah shocker the CF toque sucked -- get Fleece and a Wind barrier -- if is that stupid cold, pull up the hood on a parka (yeah okay the CF GreatCoat or Canex parka suck for really cold too - but last time I recall you could wear the Cold Weather Parka, Combat CADPAT or whatever its called these days in really fricken cold weather).

Money would better spent on bullets IMHO

KevinB said:
if is that stupid cold, pull up the hood on a parka

Parka?  Oh right, still in the bag it came in.  The jacket is good enough for me.  :nod:

PMedMoe said:
Parka?  Oh right, still in the bag it came in.  The jacket is good enough for me.  :nod:

Yeah I forgot the already 8 million Tease the Soldier layer system that are around these days.  The neck fleece, and facemask, the StormTrooper hood etc.  Gawd, I found a ton of kit this summer visiting my parents that the CF refused to take back as they did not accepted I was issued it  ::)

KevinB said:
Yeah I forgot the already 8 million Tease the Soldier layer system that are around these days.  The neck fleece, and facemask, the StormTrooper hood etc.  Gawd, I found a ton of kit this summer visiting my parents that the CF refused to take back as they did not accepted I was issued it  ::)

Oh, the parka is probably great, but it's still made for people about 5'9" and taller.  When I want to wear something past my knees, I'll wear a dress or a skirt.  Non-CF issued.  ;D

Back