• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The War in Ukraine

Looks like he got flashed by a propellent burn that likley set his oil covered clothes on fire. Poor bugger, at least his crew tried to help him.
I was going to say the same thing. I wonder if there was an ignition of hydraulic fluid that zippo'd the dude too. There shouldn't be anything that flammable in an MBT. This is a tankers nightmare.

In the 1968 book The Liberators, about the Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia, the claim was that the Russians were using vodka for hydraulic fluid.... but the troops were drinking it.

In the 1968 book The Liberators, about the Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia, the claim was that the Russians were using vodka for hydraulic fluid.... but the troops were drinking it.
It’s not Vodka, it’s a methyl alcohol base however, as from the 60’s till currently the Russian tank crews have been known to filter it (often via bread) and drink it. It has been known to blind people…
It’s used in the turret and brake line hydraulics.

It’s not Vodka, it’s a methyl alcohol base however, as from the 60’s till currently the Russian tank crews have been known to filter it (often via bread) and drink it. It has been known to blind people…

Strewth! The original meths.

I remember Russian 'peacekeepers' in the 1990's going outside in the winter and rubbing handfuls of snow all over themselves as their 'morning showers' - so the above doesn't surprise me in the slightest...

Russians are just made different

Back