• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic Cannabis use

Guys.......please try to keep it on the subject matter
              Although I admit that Demeral is a quick reaction pain solution.

Didn't care much for the youtube thing.......buddy has enough of his own problems without adding a citys' worth.

57Chevy said:
Guys.......please try to keep it on the subject matter
              Although I admit that Demeral is a quick reaction pain solution.

Hey Man,

Don't 420 our 420 Dude....

dileas

tess

Now, I realise that this thread hits the issue of therapeutic use.  I apologise for making too much light of it and talking of recreational use.  I mean, we already have stuff prescribed to soldiers that precludes them going on duty, no? 

So, in that vein, I suppose that if marajuana were legalised generally for medicinal purposes, (I'm not sure if it is already, I think my sister was given cannibis prior to her passing in 2008), would then the "hippy crowd" then try to go to make it legal?  It's a stretch: I mean, there's no chance they would allow morphine for recreational use, you know?

Anyway, thoughts?

medicineman said:
You apparently didn't as you stated "or as I call them heroin"...they may come from the same pretty flowers but are FAR from the same thing.  Call me literal or pendantic, I don't care, it sounded pretty ignorant in both the literal sense as well as the colloquial one.

MM

Messrs. Literal  and Pedantic;

When I am in pain, I ask for heroin and a couple T3s appear.  Surprisingly heroin has never appeared.  I have been known to employ figures of speech like exageration but make no claim of having invented them.

Dennis Ruhl said:
When I am in pain, I ask for heroin and a couple T3s appear. 

When I am in pain, I ask for Dr. Kevorkian. < just joking! >

57Chevy said:
What do you mean by that?

Oy vey....

Don't kill the good times man.....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=420

The term 420 is used widely in Cannabis culture as a time to get high, a national day to get high, and cannabis itself.

Code for homicide. From CSI, but is the actual police code used by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
419 = Dead Body
419A = Drowned Person
420 = Homicide
420A = Murder/Non-negligent homicide
420B = Manslaughter
420Z = Attempted homicide
421 = Sick or injured
421A = Mentally ill person
422 = Sick or injured Officer

dileas

tess

Technoviking said:
Now, I realise that this thread hits the issue of therapeutic use.  I apologise for making too much light of it and talking of recreational use.  I mean, we already have stuff prescribed to soldiers that precludes them going on duty, no? 

So, in that vein, I suppose that if marajuana were legalised generally for medicinal purposes, (I'm not sure if it is already, I think my sister was given cannibis prior to her passing in 2008), would then the "hippy crowd" then try to go to make it legal?  It's a stretch: I mean, there's no chance they would allow morphine for recreational use, you know?

Anyway, thoughts?

probably.......they would use any means as ammunition for their battle to legalize MJ for rec purposes.  There is just not enough control over the medicinal aspect. It may work well as a pain relief drug but there are too many loopholes

I always thought "187" was the typical US Police code for homicide (?) as given by pop culture on movies, just like the "10" codes (10-4, what's your 10-20).

Seems silly for every police force to use different codes.

the 48th regulator said:
420 = Homicide

On Dragnet, they called it a "187". But, I digress.

"Medical Marijuana Program Act: California Senate Bill 420":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Senate_Bill_420

the 48th regulator said:
Hey Man,

Don't 420 our 420 Dude....

dileas

tess

mariomike said:
On Dragnet, they called it a "187". But, I digress.

"Medical Marijuana Program Act: California Senate Bill 420":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Senate_Bill_420

Oh man oh man.....And the sober ones are criticizing the dope smokers as being numb....

Don't 420 Kill our 420 good times Dude....

dileas

tess

Technoviking said:

Anyway, thoughts?

Medicinal pot is already legal for sure http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/

For the OP, that may be a good link to look at to answer some questions for you.

Personally, I don't see why marijuana is still associated with hippies. I'm all for the legalization of pot and controlling it, regulating it, taxing it, etc. I find it rather stupid that it's not already legal. There's nothing stupid like "peace and love" in the reasons I think it should be legalized. I just think it makes perfect sense on all levels.

ballz said:
For the OP, that may be a good link to look at to answer some questions for you.

We gave him that link in Reply #11:
"Who is eligible to use medical marijuana?":
http://www.medicalmarihuana.ca/for-patients/who-is-eligible

ballz said:

Personally, I don't see why marijuana is still associated with hippies. I'm all for the legalization of pot and controlling it, regulating it, taxing it, etc. I find it rather stupid that it's not already legal. There's nothing stupid like "peace and love" in the reasons I think it should be legalized. I just think it makes perfect sense on all levels.

Here here,

One of the few recreational vices, that can be used medicinally.  When was the last time you heard booze, legally being used to help treat an illness.  When was the last time you heard a Doctor Prescribe Camel Unfiltered cigarettes to help with an injury?  MJ offers a Myriad of uses, yet has no legs for legalization....a shame really.

dileas

tess

ballz said:
Personally, I don't see why marijuana is still associated with hippies.
hippy.jpg

Medicinal pot doesn't mean pot is legal; not even close.

What I'm still curious about is if it were to become legal, what the time frame would be between doing it and being on duty.  There are a dozen angles the CF could come at it from and all be right, ranging from a few hours to a few weeks. 

Technically, the "high" and "effects" part are generally similar to the "drunk" and "hangover" time frames of alcohol.  You are right-out-of-er for a few hours, but then for the next day you're still not really yourself (be it still not sharp from weed or sick/dizzy from alcohol).

Where it gets tricky though is that if they were sticklers they could really extend the time frame due to the longer amount of time THC is still detectable.  If they made it 3-5 days+ it would still eliminate the possibility of Friday night usage, which would make it only viable for long-term summer and Christmas leave.

The irony is that the people who are going to do it anyway (rules be damned) are probably already doing it during those leave blocks, so legalizing it arguably wouldn't change anything in terms of ground truth.

Petamocto said:
Medicinal pot doesn't mean pot is legal; not even close.

What I'm still curious about is if it were to become legal, what the time frame would be between doing it and being on duty.  There are a dozen angles the CF could come at it from and all be right, ranging from a few hours to a few weeks. 

Technically, the "high" and "effects" part are generally similar to the "drunk" and "hangover" time frames of alcohol.  You are right-out-of-er for a few hours, but then for the next day you're still not really yourself (be it still not sharp from weed or sick/dizzy from alcohol).

Where it gets tricky though is that if they were sticklers they could really extend the time frame due to the longer amount of time THC is still detectable.  If they made it 3-5 days+ it would still eliminate the possibility of Friday night usage, which would make it only viable for long-term summer and Christmas leave.

The irony is that the people who are going to do it anyway (rules be damned) are probably already doing it during those leave blocks, so legalizing it arguably wouldn't change anything in terms of ground truth.

That is the same argument about size, metabolism, male or female, etc etc with alcohol.

Set a limit, based on medical and legal advice, then go from there.

Remember, you can still be charged with impairment, with over the counter/off the shelf drugs, if it affects your use of a motor vehicle.

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Set a limit, based on medical and legal advice, then go from there.

That's my point...it's where do you set that limit?  Because the answer to that question changes everything if it's 8 hours or 8 days.

I am a firm believer that the alcohol lobby probably has a lot to do with marijuana staying illegal.  If it becomes legalized, even if government controlled and heavily taxed, a lot of people would much rather spend $10 for a joint than $50+ getting drunk on a Friday night.

Back