• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

tie strings & the fit of combat uniforms (Split: Need for a new Army dress uniform)

Ah yes I seem to remeber that one Tango18....the shirt, wool , extra, extra itchy

;D

Yep, the other one only seemed to come in smaller sizes, which meant i never wore mine due to the discomfort of the itching.

Photo one is of the Sweater, Wool, Green, Do NOT Wash or it will become Baby Clothes.

I miss my sweater, wool, green.  That thing was the warmest single piece of kit I ever had.

I forgot to mention that I'm in the 1 % of people who don't mind wool.  So I found it super-comfy too!

Technoviking said:
I miss my sweater, wool, green.  That thing was the warmest single piece of kit I ever had.

I still have mine.  Haven't worn it for a while...tempted sometimes though.  Packs easier than the fleece and I imagine much warmer.

I miss my even older then your sweater wool  5 button Olive C/W pockets and epaulets . I  want another one! wah!  :(

Technoviking said:
I forgot to mention that I'm in the 1 % of people who don't mind wool.  So I found it super-comfy too!

The shirt, wool, uncomfortable with epaulettes proved its worth to me several times over during rain, heavy, drenching.  Yep, it got wet, but it remained warm.

Unfortunately, 99% of the population seem to think the stealth suit is an effective piece of kit.

Whats wrong with the Stealth Suit?

I mean I don't use one anymore but I liked it when I was in Recce Pl.

The stealth suit isn't bad, but i find it can be a bit too warm at times. And the sleeves a bit too short.

I'd love to get my hands on another itchy/ scratchy shirt....and a May West.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
I'd love to get my hands on another itchy/ scratchy shirt....and a May West.

Regards

The May West is quite simple to fill.  A quick trip to the supermarket and voila:

George Wallace said:
The May West is quite simple to fill.  A quick trip to the supermarket and voila:

Not what I meant....black Beatty, old style mattress.

Matress_Army_Pneumatic_Class_II_SU-054_.JPG

Tango18A said:
Going rafting are you?

;D      At least it gets you off the ground and doesn't soak up moisture.

Regards

When I did my component transfer from the militia to the regular force in 1989, I received my initial issue, including Betty, Black, C1A1.  I still have it.  I have never used that "self-inflating" thing.  It served me well in Gagetown, in Petawawa, in Wainwright, as well as in Haiti and Afghanistan.  "From my cold, dead hands" is my motto when it comes to Betty, Black, C1A1.

TV

Make sure I never get your address! I am willing to do that to get my hands on one!

I mean we are still friends but well you know how it goes right LMAO

BulletMagnet said:
TV

Make sure I never get your address! I am willing to do that to get my hands on one!

I mean we are still friends but well you know how it goes right LMAO
:rofl:

I live at:
123 Fake Street,
Madeupville, NB

;D

Back