• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

To be a real LEADER

J

JES_12

Hi,

I want to know your opinion about what is a real Leader in the army. How you can became a good soldier and what you must to do. What is the difference, for you, between a good soldier and a bad soldier. I want to know this informations because I want know the soldier‘s opinion.

:cdn: HONOUR_12 :tank:

Seek and accept responsibility
Make sure that your troops know your meaning and intent, then lead them to the accomplishment of the mission
Know your soldiers and promote their welfare.
Train your soldiers as a team and employ them up to their capabilities
Keep your troops informed of the mission, the changing situation and the overall picture.
and the most important principle of leadership
LEAD BY EXAMPLE

I think that a good leader is someone who challanges you to live up to thier standards. Who, just by existing, makes you want to improve yourself. Who cares about his (or her) troops and does whatever he can for them. Who seeks to help other people be the best they can be. Who teaches people things instead of doing it for them. A good leader can be can be the troop commander, or a guy in your section who helps out everybody else.

also,
a good leader isnt something to be made,or trained but is already inside the person.

no matter how hard you try to train them,some people just arent good leaders.
they could be the slackest person you‘ve ever known in your life,but be an amazing leader.

(i‘ve personally known a few of these people)

whoops,
sorry bout that,
something cut out the other 3/4 of my post.

heres the rest,

"no matter how hard you try to train them,some people just arent good leaders.
others on the other hand can be the slackest,most disorganized person you‘ve ever known in your life,but still be an amazing leader.

leadership is 30% physical, 60%mental and 10% chance from my limited expierance

It‘s filled with gramatical errors byond belief,
sorry all.

One of the best books I have ever read on leadership - military or otherwise - is called "The Three Meter Zone: Common sense leadership for NCOs" by CSM J D Pendry, United States Army. It was published by the Presidio (the US Army‘s civilian publishing house) in 1999. ISBN 0-89141-679-X.

To summarize it, CSM Pendry describes leadership as building a foundation, establishing direction, being the example and communicating. He then offers insightful direction on interacting with soldiers. He provides a frank and honest guide peppered with his own examples from personal experiences.

I highly recommend this book. It‘s advice can serve you well whether you are leading a section, a platoon, a fast-food restaurant, a construction site, or any other group of individuals.

Back