• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

to mike

M

mcshen

how much are u paying for the server?
if you want a dedicated server( i assume you konw what it is), check out

http://www.ev1servers.net/english/all.asp

I guess you can afford 100US/month ?

Hi Private Shen,

Thanks for the info. We‘re actually currently hosted by Imaginative Computer Solutions whom I cannot thank enough for their support. I‘ve provided the hardware and they‘ve provided the connection.

In terms of affording $100/month US, I wish I could. :) I do have 3 paid advertisers (all 3 of which have paid me at least in part with goods or services). All advertising funds I‘ve collected to date don‘t even cover the hardware replacement costs I racked up this weekend for the site.

I also sell shirts, etc to help fund the site, though I‘ve yet to break even with those ventures...

This isn‘t a rant for sympathy. I just don‘t want to give the image that I‘m dining on caviar in my opulently appointed den as a result of some ever increasing wad of cash being generated here. :)

It‘s a money losing venture, but I‘m not in it to make money.

Cheers

Mike - PM or e-mail me with your ad rates. This isn‘t exactly my target market, but "who knows?".

I‘ve put most of the details here: http://Army.ca/ads

Don‘t feel compelled to buy advertising, you‘re already helping out! :)

Cheers

how much is ur bandwidth bill? i am gonna get my own box soon. I maybe able to host your site for free..

E-Town has already hooked me up with that deal, he‘s (somehow) worked it out so we‘re hosted for free, we just have to provide the hardware/software.

It‘s a great deal, and without a doubt, it‘s saved this site from oblivion.

Private Shen, I *really* appreciate the offer, and if the current situation ever changes, I‘ll keep you in mind.

Thanks!

P.S. For comparison, Army.ca generates about 35 Gb of traffic every month.

Just wanted to say you did a nice job getting this site up. It looks sharp!

It was really unfortounate when they took the DND sight down, but this fills the void. Perhaps you should get DND to link to this websight since they are apparently not going to put theirs back up?

I am curious as to what program you are using to run this board? Is it a linux server?

Thanks for the positive feedback. Last I heard the DND forums were going to be brought back up, time permitting. Has that changed?

The forum software is UBB, and pretty much everything else is home grown. Under the covers, we‘re running on Fedora Core 1 linux.

Cheers

Back