• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trade badge with crown

Kevin_M

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, question for you guys. I recently became PLQ qual and I was curious if you get the trade badge with the crown when you are PLQ qual or when you are promoted to the rank of Mcpl?

What trade are you? Except for a few trades(ie Infantry) you don't need PLQ to have the trade badge with the crown, you only need your QL5 course.  Anyways if your trade gets the crown with PLQ I would assume once you have completed PLQ Mods 1-6 you would be able to wear the trade badge with crown.  But I don't know for sure, if you can't find anything on this site ask your section commander.

I think you get that when you're QL5 qualified. Then the one with the crowen and laurel wreath for QL6.

I'll assume by your name that you're armored, then yes it's when you get the PLQ QUALIFICATION not the rank....

Themouse said:
I'll assume by your name that you're armored, then yes it's when you get the PLQ QUALIFICATION not the rank....

Unless things have changed (not that THAT ever happens...), IIRC the trade badges for Armoured were:

Tank:  1 PCF
Tank with laurels:  2+ PCFs
Tank with crown:  1 Advanced crse/qual
Tank with crown & laurels: 2+ Advance course/quals.

Eye In The Sky said:
Unless things have changed (not that THAT ever happens...), IIRC the trade badges for Armoured were:

Tank:  1 PCF
Tank with laurels:  2+ PCFs
Tank with crown:  1 Advanced crse/qual
Tank with crown & laurels: 2+ Advance course/quals.

It changed, they don't have advance courses anymore (that's not how they call them anyway)....

You put the crown up when you have your ARCC completed.

Laurals when your ARPC is completed.

Regards

I don't even know what those are  :blotto:  Last I knew, 6A was DP3A and 6B was DP3B...when I did it, it was ARTC Block 5 or something like that.  Holy name change Batman.

ARCC = recce crew cmdr

ARPC = recce Ptl cmdr

What about the tank side DP?

Eye In The Sky said:
I don't even know what those are  :blotto:  Last I knew, 6A was DP3A and 6B was DP3B...when I did it, it was ARTC Block 5 or something like that.  Holy name change Batman.

ARCC = recce crew cmdr

ARPC = recce Ptl cmdr

What about the tank side DP?

It's been like that since 2006.

Tank CC is laurals IIRC as well.

Thing is, even the tankers require ARPC prior to taking the DP3B/ 6B. They must be patrol commander qualified.

Wait a few more years and it'll change again.      ;D

Regards

Back