• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Transporting the C-7 while on exercise.

BernDawg said:
But what if I'm wearing my combat pants and non - issue runners, but I'm in an army vehicle, but not on duty, with a PTshirt from another unit, and my bolt is in my coat pocket on the back seat and my rifle is leaning against the passenger side door and we run out of change going through the drive through at Timmy's - WHAT THEN??? Am I still subject to the CSD and the QR+O's?

What the f*ck?!?   Why would you be out of dress in a dnd (smp?) veh?   YOU ARE ALWAYS UNDER CSD AND QR+O'S! Wear your uniform properly and you can take your RIFLE anywhere on duty if it's issued.

I believe that it was a joke.

I certainly hope so. Because running out of change at the Tim's drive through is no laughing matter!

Danjanou said:
The drive through closed or the roof too low to fit the AVGP turrets under? ;D

Actually the AVGPs were great for drive throughs. You just pulled alongside, passed the order and the money out through the side firing port, then took the goods in the same way.

Cheers

On the subject of C7's and Tim Hortons.
this Sat 07:45 as I was at the Tim Hortons drive through in Borden 2 Young Res Pvt.s walk by me from the back of Canex OK, as I drive around the back I see a milcot parked, 2 C7's upright in the rack between the seats! no one in the truck! Tell me has the need for a coffee overridden all common sense and need for weapons security.in the few years that I've been out the Regs and the Pres?

You should have called the MP's.  That is a major breach.  Not even out of sight out mind.

tried
911 gets a civi dispatcher now and try to explain all I want is the MP's and know one else. Couldn't for the life of me remember the MP phone # and for the first time not one to be seen any where.

my72jeep said:
On the subject of C7's and Tim Hortons.
this Sat 07:45 as I was at the Tim Hortons drive through in Borden 2 Young Res Pvt.s walk by me from the back of Canex OK, as I drive around the back I see a milcot parked, 2 C7's upright in the rack between the seats! no one in the truck! Tell me has the need for a coffee overridden all common sense and need for weapons security.in the few years that I've been out the Regs and the Pres?

About a year ago I was walking down College Street in Toronto near the Police HQ and there was a squad car parked on the street, no big whoop right. For some reason I glanced in the back seat, as something caught my eye and there laying on the seat in plain view were a pair of AR-15s (or whatever variant their ETF are using) and a pump action. Sure the door was locked (at least I hope) but there was no cop around and how hard would it hae been to do a smash and grab, be across the street into college park mall and onto the Subway with them in a gym bag. I had my brief case with me and it's big enough to take a c-7 broken down I'm sure ( and no the thought never crossed my mind)

I was heading to my bank, but I just stood there and stared until eventually a cop came out of the building. I motioned him over, pointed in the back seat and just smiled before heading off to the bank. ::)
I have no idea how long they were there unattended.

I saw a police van a while ago with the rear doors opened and a tactical shotgun hanging on the door   :-\    The officier was not too far but she was busy, anyone could have taken it.

Keep in mind the police have considerably different training than the military and it is ingrained in the minds of soldiers that essentially your weapon is what will keep you alive.Dont quote me on this but I believe the loss of a firearm to a police officer would result in some sort of reprimand and administrative action where as a soldier may quite likely face jail time.

As for all the what ifs throughout this thread, your weapon should never leave your sight unless you designate someone specifically to watch it and even then if it goes missing,you are responsible.

When in public, bringing your weapon into civillian establishments will depend on your situation.If you have a person to watch them in a vehicle,chances are you are only bringing them in for the "look cool factor".In an aid to the civil power situation, then by all means sling your weapon.

Da_man said:
What if your alone and *must* go to Timmy's?    Do you bring your rifle inside?   >:D

Strictly opinion, but aren't there some sort of rules for this in a "Public Relations Act?"

I was told about this when my unit's Wpns Tech saw me walking in the Armoury with a US Becker Engineer knife strapped to my webbing. If the Public Relations Act (assuming it's real) is this strict on edged weapons/tools, I would believe they are much worse in terms of carrying a weapon around the public.

NATO Boy said:
Strictly opinion, but aren't there some sort of rules for this in a "Public Relations Act?"

I was told about this when my unit's Wpns Tech saw me walking in the Armoury with a US Becker Engineer knife strapped to my webbing. If the Public Relations Act (assuming it's real) is this strict on edged weapons/tools, I would believe they are much worse in terms of carrying a weapon around the public.

The "Public Relations Act?" What exactly is that?

Cheers.

pbi said:
The "Public Relations Act?" What exactly is that?

I don't know exactly; I'm just recalling what I was told: it's some sort of "doctrine" for how we should carry weapons (edged and projectile) in public. Things like how you should wear a Buck Knife with your uniform, not pointing your rifle at civilians in any manner, just little things like this. I'm sure somebody On here has heard this before (or if not, at least have a recollection of what I heard and maybe shed light on what this really is.)

My understanding was, alone or not, NO CF weapon (s) is/are to be taken into a public building unless the situation dictates otherwise (ie, you have orders from brigade that say you can...?) Besides, don't they get locked in the vehicle when transported (a la the LSVW outer compartments) or at least stored in rifle bags in a vehicle that isn't as securely locked?

Hey, do you want to buy 100 meters of firing line?

While your at Stores I need a can of red Zero Beats for the 510 set. ;D

There is no PR policy, as you stated. Go to the guy that told you and say' Show me where that is written?" He can't.

I believe it's called the "Common Sense Act". As long as we follow current Security Orders (and our unit SOPs) we can carry our issued weapons pretty well anywhere that duty requires us to. There are some places that by tradition we don't, such as in a place of worship or in a Mess, but those are traditional practices and vary from place to place. That NCO was either a) having you on; or b) actually doesn't know what he's talking about.

Oh--umm-Infanteer----can I get some of that line?

Cheers

Check out the following publication on the DIN:  NDSP Ch 28

I'm sure it may shed some light on the matter.

recceguy said:
While your at Stores I need a can of red Zero Beats for the 510 set. ;D

There is no PR policy, as you stated. Go to the guy that told you and say' Show me where that is written?" He can't.

Since your at the QM get me a box of grid squares and a box of sky hooks ;D

Chimo!

Don't they keep those right beside the left hand ratchets and the sparkplugs for the APC.

pbi said:
I believe it's called the "Common Sense Act". As long as we follow current Security Orders (and our unit SOPs) we can carry our issued weapons pretty well anywhere that duty requires us to. There are some places that by tradition we don't, such as in a place of worship or in a Mess, but those are traditional practices and vary from place to place. That NCO was either a) having you on; or b) actually doesn't know what he's talking about.
Navalsnipr said:
Check out the following publication on the DIN: NDSP Ch 28

I'm sure it may shed some light on the matter.
kthx

Back