• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

When the stations started going co-ed, some of the "home wives" were a little concerned.

They were built to contain two people.
When I was assigned to be the training officer for the first female member to be posted to our small detachment I was single. It was in no small measure because the wives of the other qualified trainers said 'hell no'.

When I was assigned to be the training officer for the first female member to be posted to our small detachment I was single. It was in no small measure because the wives of the other qualified trainers said 'hell no'.

Cooped up with the same partner 40 hours a week for years, some "home wives" were a little concerned.

Some guys had to get transfers to keep peace at home.

Yet another former cabinet minister who has little time for the PM.

Yet another former cabinet minister future Liberal Party leadership hopeful who has little time for the PM.
FTFY

Deputy PM says ‘vast vast majority’ of Liberals thinks that things are fine…

View attachment 86395

"The "vast, vast majority" of Liberal MPs continue to support their leader, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland insisted Thursday ..."

Or else ...

FYI, moved all the "WTF's with this guy being named to head Canada's Human Rights Commission?" posts & responses to another post just dealing with the individual in question.

Milnet.ca Staff

"The "vast, vast majority" of Liberal MPs continue to support their leader, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland insisted Thursday ..."

Or else ...
Curious...what's the worse that could happen if a Liberal MP publically expressed being at the end of their rope with the current PM & Deputy PM? (As has already happened...)

They are still elected MP's...

(If there's one way for the PM & Deputy PM to sink even lower than they already are...which is lower than any other Canadian politicians in my memory...it would be to somehow punish their own MP's)

Last edited:
Deputy PM says ‘vast vast majority’ of Liberals thinks that things are fine…

View attachment 86395

The vast majority of those in the Toronto area and parts of La Belle Province

I can imagine the disdain they have for members from West of Toronto to BC.

I wonder how safe Marc Miller feels in his riding.

Safe injection site in a Trudeau minister's riding has become a political football

• Children are being yelled at.
  • Children are being asked for money.
  • Needles in a playground
  • Public nudity
  • Awkward interactions between children and homeless people
I mean, it sounds like a progressive's dream but maybe it seems like it's a better idea when it's someone else's kids?

I wonder how safe Marc Miller feels in his riding.

Safe injection site in a Trudeau minister's riding has become a political football

• Children are being yelled at.
  • Children are being asked for money.
  • Needles in a playground
  • Public nudity
  • Awkward interactions between children and homeless people
I mean, it sounds like a progressive's dream but maybe it seems like it's a better idea when it's someone else's kids?
I guess I would be classified as progressive and I wholeheartedly think this is abhorrent.

Harm reduction (such as safe injection sites) is multifaceted to address the root causes of substance abuse. Mental health support, counseling, secure housing options, food security, job placement all need to be in play if its going to work.

Just magically decriminalizing substances and providing a safe supply is not a substitute for proper social safety nets. All the Liberals did was see a cheap, easy, quick win in the forecast and went for it; consequences be damned.

Driving along Montreal Street shows the same situation as everywhere else: desperate and vulnerable people, with no supports or safe alternative, wasted and waiting for the crash before going to find more.

Its lunacy to think that is doing anything to help the problem.

Curious...what's the worse that could happen if a Liberal MP publically expressed being at the end of their rope with the current PM & Deputy PM? (As has already happened...)

They are still elected MP's...

(If there's one way for the PM & Deputy PM to sink even lower than they already are...which is lower than any other Canadian politicians in my memory...it would be to somehow punish their own MP's)
They can be ejected from the party, but they remain MPs til they resign or are voted out. Realistically with how many see themselves as doomed to be voted out anyway, that may not scare them much.

Obviously there is also their future prospects with the party, or through the connections it offers to consider; that will matter to some and not to others.

They can be ejected from the party, but they remain MPs til they resign or are voted out. Realistically with how many see themselves as doomed to be voted out anyway, that may not scare them much ...
This also intrigues me because if they see themselves as having so little to lose, why not try some sort of putsch by any other name? Or are too many of them, like some of the commentariat have said, so linked to the main reason they may be in power even this long that they know no other option?

Even Trudeau loyalists warn that, if he intends to stay, he can't offer small adjustments at the margins. They say they want to see significant changes in cabinet, a shakeup of senior staff, a massive pivot on the policy front — or a combination of all three.

Of those three options I don’t think one and two would do much in terms of public support, especially number two. It might work for caucus if accompanied by some changes in the internal processes inside the PMO and the dynamics between the PM and his cabinet ( see comments by various ex Trudeau ministers).

It’s only the last item, massive pivot in policy that has any hope I think. However, it seems that Trudeau is firmly of the belief that his policies are the only thing standing between Canada and disaster on many fronts and levels. I don’t see him being capable of changing his policies due to his unshakable belief his policies are righteous.

I am of the opinion that the LPC does not actually have any other policy ideas or framework outside of what we have seen Trudeau and his cabinet espouse. I suspect that is why Trudeau may be allowed to stay, the LPC needs to be burnt to the ground and rebuilt on a more solid foundation that is not merely based on worship of one person.

If I was a blue liberal I would not want a caucus revolt or Trudeau to step down I would want the LPC in its current form reduced to non party status with Trudeau and his policies at the helm so we could work on rebuilding it closer to the centre.

Back