• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

If I was her I'd say no. I'd keep a low profile until the actual leadership race.

You don't wanna be the other Kim Campbell.

Joly and Freeland have no chance to salvage themselves otherwise though, so this would be their last shot at the PMO. I would even expect Joly to "downgrade" back into provincial or municipal politics (praying it would be the latter, not the former). Freeland goes to the UN probably.
And who will appoint her? There is no chance that a conservative prime minister would ever select the likes of her for UN (charge d'affaires for Afghanistan maybe). The libs are looking at perhaps two full terms on the sidelines and by that time she will be nothing but a very bad dream. There will be other people who need to be rewarded by that time.

Go with wood pellets ;)

Me and the missus bought one as an alternate to baseboard heat in our first place in Sooke in the early 90s. Pellets were cheap then, something like $4 for a 40lb bag. Problem was it needed power to run the exhaust fan. Running it during a power failure smoked out the house. Later versions had a battery backup for the fan. We went for a propane fireplace insert in our second place. So, good concept but a bit flawed.

(charge d'affaires for Afghanistan maybe)
That. Or any of the hundreds of positions she could pick from at the UN that don't depend on a national government's nomination. By UN I also meant the NGO constellation that orbits around it.

So getting less and less efficient…

2019: $128,900/employee

2023: $184,900/employee

A 43% increase in proportional administrative costs.
Depends on the metric- yeah cost per employee is out of hand, even with indexed COLA at 15+% that's a lot of raises and higher paid new bodies.

But cost per dollar administered/processed has actually improved. But at less than half a cent per dollar transacted (10B in / 10B out), it's too efficient to be believable as a government body, which leads one to think that the expense is an entirely superfluous ricebowl "supervising" a program that is functionally carried out by existing processes.

I don’t buy Trudeau’s claims. I’ve been tracking my increased tax costs and balanced that against my rebate checks to date…net negative…

Home heating alone I’m paying $580+/yr in carbon tax (and the HST share on carbon tax!!)…
View attachment 83761

…and then another $380 for annual auto fuel carbon tax, so those two alone (not even diving into consumer price increases due to retailers passing on carbon tax costs to us) and I’m pushing close to $1000 of carbon tax, and got 2 x $183 cheques = $366 rebate, so I’m at least $600 behind Trudeau’s “most Canadians” group.

I trust the budget watchdog much more than I trust Trudeau because….math. And many of us recall Trudeau’s own words about how he doesn’t do numbers…
To put it in perspective here in Alberta...my January power bill was 10$ less than the carbon tax rebate we got for a family of 3. $365 bill....and over 60% was the carbon tax. Just on the power and gas for our house it's pushing $300 a month in carbon tax and we're not living large...1980 house, 1000 sqft, and running the fireplace when able in winter for extra heat.

I can see it helping some inlaws only on retirement CPP but for anyone working still....ouch.

So getting less and less efficient…

2019: $128,900/employee

2023: $184,900/employee

A 43% increase in proportional administrative costs.
How else will Justin's minions survirve? Think of the children ( Cry like Sally Struthers here please)

Looks like Anita Anand will lose her seat according to n article.

Apparently it costs $200,000,000.00 to administer the carbon tax rebate program.

I understand the rationale, and am no big fan of any tax let alone a carbon version, but trying to connect the cost of a government program to the number of civil service staff working on it can be tricky...

... unless you're an extreme (for Canada) right wing source ;)

I understand the rationale, and am no big fan of any tax let alone a carbon version, but trying to connect the cost of a government program to the number of civil service staff working on it can be tricky...

... unless you're an extreme (for Canada) right wing source ;)

So you’re saying that we should think of it more as being ‘free’ in the sense that it’s already included in the $60,000,000,000/year we pay for our federal public service. 😉

More ArriveScam videos.

Check out all the "I'm a vet" swag from CEO David Yeo.
Really pushing "I'm indigenous, and I'm a vet" angle.

Back