• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

You think they can’t read the tea leaves?

It is already probably too late for most of them to save their jobs, but a few might have suddenly remembered that they are journalists and not stenographers for the PMO…

Frankly, no I didn't think they did. I assumed the alignment was blind.

At least with the host of the current I was wrong.

Latest 338 numbers. The last Nanos poll is likely reflected. Quite the movement but again only one blip for now. Next week will show how the Carbon tax will affect the numbers.

I like how the day the carbon tax kicked in and added on 3.5 cents the price of gas went up about 12 cents. That's some brutal gouging even by O&G standards.

I like how the day the carbon tax kicked in and added on 3.5 cents the price of gas went up about 12 cents. That's some brutal gouging even by O&G standards.
And the cost to ship that gas was accounted for by yourself? Probably not.

The carbon tax affects every level of shipping. That means everything cost more on several levels. Unless you somehow can teleport goods? No?

Latest 338 numbers. The last Nanos poll is likely reflected. Quite the movement but again only one blip for now. Next week will show how the Carbon tax will affect the numbers.

I think PP has the horse by the reigns and he needs vary up his topics and presentation.

Meaning he grabbed the initiative with "axe the tax" now he has to utilize that momentum with additional points and policies. It's his to lose at this point.

The carbon tax affects every level of shipping. That means everything cost more on several levels. Unless you somehow can teleport goods? No?
In this part of the world, Day 1 of the new increase saw an extra 9 cents a litre added to the price from the week before. Now, it's 5 cents a litre higher. The cost of shipping & all the other knock-on costs have dropped 4 cents a litre over the past week?

Shipping costs for goods are typically only pennies per item because of the bulk.

My natural gas bills continue to amuse me.
Basic, delivery, storage, transport: $82
BC Carbon Tax: $32
Cost of gas: $22

In this part of the world, Day 1 of the new increase saw an extra 9 cents a litre added to the price from the week before. Now, it's 5 cents a litre higher. The cost of shipping & all the other knock-on costs have dropped 4 cents a litre over the past week?
Undoubtedly they kicked up higher than they needed to, but pump prices are highly competitive. Prices surges unrelated to underlying costs never last.

Undoubtedly they kicked up higher than they needed to, but pump prices are highly competitive. Prices surges unrelated to underlying costs never last.
I think it dropped down the same day, but was a pretty significant and opportunistic gouge. Within a day it was down to about the same as before plus the new tax.

I think it dropped down the same day, but was a pretty significant and opportunistic gouge. Within a day it was down to about the same as before plus the new tax.
Pretty much any boost in price for anything is done "opportunistically" if an excuse arises. It's simply psychologically preferable to a standalone price increase.

Alot of the price increase also has to do with switching to summer gasoline blends at around the same date (which are more expensive to produce). Not to mention there will be spiring maintenance at refineries, which will down capacity before the summer driving season.

There hasn’t been refinery capacity added to North America in decades (who would be stupid enough to even try?). Supplies are very tight almost all year long, consequently delivery contracts on the futures markets can get bid up, very fast.

Exactly right. What is often ignored is how corporations are not going to let a tax eat into their bottom line, they transfer that cost to the customer.

A carbon tax hits at every level... in the end the cost to customer goes up much more than the "3.5%" tax.

Exactly right. What is often ignored is how corporations are not going to let a tax eat into their bottom line, they transfer that cost to the customer.

A carbon tax hits at every level... in the end the cost to customer goes up much more than the "3.5%" tax.

I'm just getting tired at all levels of Gov justifying their taxation by telling me it only pennies extra.

I don't care if its a fraction of a cent, it all adds up and god damnit its my money, I earned it. They should have to live with in their means just like I do.

Every single tax hits the consumer only. There is no such thing as a tax that only impacts industry, corporations, businesses or whatever. They will transfer that cost to all of us in increased product costs.

We are taxed to death.

Back