• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Under Armour

Island Ryhno said:
I saw some guys on the other thread mention Adidas Clima Cool, if you guys want to save money, go to costco and get SOMO's Cool Max, they are the company that actually makes the adidas stuff. It used to be called Adidas Cool Max, but once they learned the technology, well you know. The stuff at Costco is exactly the same but costs about 25% of what the brand name stuff does!

Do they have any of this in green/brown???

Blake

I'm fairly sure they do sir. I live in St.John's so our Costco is a bit smaller, but I have seen those colors occasionally!

Bomber said:
Submit a UCR to complain about the in service T-shirts.  If no one complains, there will never be a redesign.  Also provide examples on why the in service one is deficient, what you would like to see, what you think is better, and provide contact info for follow up.

Hopefully they take such things more seriously these days. At a Bde Offrs study in Comox in 86(?) an arty full Colonel in charge of army clothing procurement reacted with shock and surprise when asked when the absolutely horrible rain gear was going to be replaced. "I didn't know there was a problem" he said to an audience where at least 95% of the people took American rain jackets to the field.

Every junior officer in the place was holding his tongue thinking, "Excuse me sir, have you ever been to the field? How could you not know our rain gear is garbage?" I bought the civie "blue johns" and the polar fleece jacket in the kit shop to make my life more comfortable. Sounds like there is a lot of good stuff in the system these days.

it's all I've worn since March.
The weather right now is just down right hot and muggy. That stuff definetely keeps you cool, and dry. Well worth the $20US I spent on each one that I have.
Greg

If no one submits an actual compaint, nothing will get fixed, ie rain gear.  Everyone that had to wear CF's today should be submitting a UCR on the comfort of winter weight dark polyester clothing in the +40, weather.

sigpig said:
At a Bde Offrs study in Comox in 86(?) an arty full Colonel in charge of army clothing procurement reacted with shock and surprise when asked when the absolutely horrible rain gear was going to be replaced. "I didn't know there was a problem" he said to an audience where at least 95% of the people took American rain jackets to the field.

Was it Lt. Col. Romeo Dallaire? pbi was talking about the same briefing it seems. Small army eh....

Feh, I leave for a few days and I'm too far behind in all the big political threads, so back to whining about kit.....

Gentlemen,

Trials start late July on a new "high-tech" C.F. t-shirt. Virtually verything submitted is state of the art. Based on my experience with defence procurement, this project is being fast tracked.

Kind Regards
Brian Kroon

DropZone said:
Gentlemen,

Trials start late July on a new "high-tech" C.F. t-shirt. Virtually verything submitted is state of the art. Based on my experience with defence procurement, this project is being fast tracked.

Kind Regards
Brian Kroon

How did I miss this thread....

I don't know if there are other units participating in the trial, but A-Coy 1VP will be doing the T-shirt trial come Late July/Early Aug.  I'll post the pic and the shirts we are trialing when we get them.  About time as the cotton t-shirt is pretty useless compared to the what is out there.

So, in other words, we'll be getting the new shirts in 2009? Just as winter's beginning too I bet. "Here are some awesome shirts that keep you cool in the heat guys. Too bad it's getting cold out"

Pinky

Well you might get it in 2009...but I'll have them in Aug.    :P

CTS does an ok job of getting the small stuff fairly quickly....it's all the big ticket items that take forever.   IMHO they do way too many trials when their is lots of of the shelf stuff out there that will fit the bill.

I foresee it being fast tracked as an operational item as per there normal operating practices.   Do you know what temperature shirt you will be trialling.   You 1 and 3 VP guys get all the jammy goes.

Imagine getting a T-shirt in the winter of 2009, it would be of no use, because there would never be a summer of 2010 or any operational tours anywhere hot after that.  Get the sarcasm there?  Trust me, you will be impressed with the shirts going to trial.  It is also going quickly because the guy behind it is a go getter, really into getting good stuff that we actually need.

I hope you guys will keep us updated when you get them. Would love to hear more about it as details come in.

I'm not sure how they're going to go from a $3 cotton T-shirt to a $30 wicking shirt though. Imagine having to explain that?

They may do it in the same fashion they do other gear and only give it to deploying troops.  Makes their procurment easier in the sense that they have time to stock up each time.  Would kinda suck though.

Bomber said:
Imagine getting a T-shirt in the winter of 2009, it would be of no use, because there would never be a summer of 2010 or any operational tours anywhere hot after that.   Get the sarcasm there?   Trust me, you will be impressed with the shirts going to trial.   It is also going quickly because the guy behind it is a go getter, really into getting good stuff that we actually need.

???

Excuse me CTS thinking of us?

Sorry colour me a pessimist...

TACVEST - fail
LOAD CARRY SYSTEM - fail
BOOTS - fail
Desert kit - fail
C7A2 - fail - blame DLR 5-5's budget (they tried Garry know KAC is a better option same with the C8...)

I know you and Steve work like trojans - but until they allow troops to shoot the CSM's that foist some of that crap - I think we are screwed.

Remove the brand name, and you have a competitively priced shirt.  The argument has been made, and the people that need be were convinced, that a moisture management system is only as effective as its base layer.  Like the CDS says, "the cost of doing business, gentlemen."

Uunder Armor offers military discounts for active duty personnel, contact then online for prices / discounts.

I'd think so, since that last time I check, the CAF was still on our side, I'd be supprised if they didn't offer it, the more they sell and get into peoples hands the more they sell to the general public.  I would imigine you'll need to send them a copy of your current military ID or order it on your unit letterhead.  Drop them an email.  Some of the UA mail order partners might offer the same, try the US based kit sales places, like Ranger-Joe, Bragide Quatermasters, US Cav.  etc. 

Back