• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
QV said:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

Well, RCP has put PA into the undecided column... Biden at 259... so not President elect?

Maybe my post from the other day was prematurely deleted by the admin.

RCP must be wrong. FOXNews called Pennsylvania for Biden already.

I was scrolling the President's twitter feed.  He is alleging voter fraud in Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.  For something as rare and localized as voter fraud (as I referenced to in the Brennan Center Study), it would sure be something if the Democratic Party was able to pull it off across all those states, and at such a large scale....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/barr-memo-authorizes-doj-to-open-election-fraud-investigations-435622

Looks like there is something there worth looking in to.  :pop:

QV said:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/barr-memo-authorizes-doj-to-open-election-fraud-investigations-435622

Looks like there is something there worth looking in to.  :pop:

Given how utterly in Trump’s pocket Barr is, I wouldn’t say the one implies the other. While it’s fair to say that where there’s smoke there may be fire, that doesn’t extend to partisan lackeys shouting ‘fire’ in a crowded theatre.

Even Fox is losing patience with them.

They cut Kayleigh off after only one minute saying the network could not in good conscience continue to air her false claims, for which she has provided no supporting evidence.

Neil Cavuto

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I just think we have to be very clear,” said Cavuto, interrupting the broadcast. “She’s charging that the other side is ‘welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting.’ Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue showing you this.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-election-results-fox-news-neil-cavuto-20201110-dyc4wjqnibc6nkw5ffeup3n6ce-story.html

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Even%20Fox%20News%22&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

Remius said:
Because Barr says so? Lol.

That’s not how this works.  A lot of other people have said so, enough to trigger investigations. 

Brihard said:
Given how utterly in Trump’s pocket Barr is, I wouldn’t say the one implies the other. While it’s fair to say that where there’s smoke there may be fire, that doesn’t extend to partisan lackeys shouting ‘fire’ in a crowded theatre.

There you go insulting people again.  It’s what the left does people from both sides, including you, have been known to do when when things don’t go their way someone points out a blatant fact they don’t like.

FTFY

BTN

>Looks like there is something there worth looking in to.

Not necessarily. 

"Barr authorized them to open election-fraud investigations “if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State.”"

That amounts to "investigate if there is something worth looking into".  The premise of "something worth looking into" must exist first.  Also, note the requirement to "potentially impact the outcome".  Penny-ante fraud won't do.

It's the proper legal approach.

However, if credible allegations are raised and left unresolved using "no potential impact" as an excuse, the temperature in the US is going to go way up.  It's easy enough to predict that people are going to demand investigations, given the investigations that were allowed to proceed in 2016.

There was definitely a lot of Chinese influence (COVID-19, whether intentional or just well played) on this election. I wonder if that will be seriously investigated? If someone wants to look into something, it should be that. Anything else at this point is a waste of time unless there is overwhelming evidence of voter fraud (good luck with that, even if it was true)

I think the people have spoken, and it's time for the country to get on with things. Hopefully Biden/Harris can bring some stability to the country once Trump is finally banned from Twitter. I just hope they don't spend their entire term blaming every issue on Trump, and instead focus on working for the people and moving the country forward in some kind of tangible way.

Brad Sallows said:
>Looks like there is something there worth looking in to.

Not necessarily. 

"Barr authorized them to open election-fraud investigations “if there are clear and apparently-credible allegations of irregularities that, if true, could potentially impact the outcome of a federal election in an individual State.”"

That amounts to "investigate if there is something worth looking into".  The premise of "something worth looking into" must exist first.  Also, note the requirement to "potentially impact the outcome".  Penny-ante fraud won't do.

It's the proper legal approach.

However, if credible allegations are raised and left unresolved using "no potential impact" as an excuse, the temperature in the US is going to go way up.  It's easy enough to predict that people are going to demand investigations, given the investigations that were allowed to proceed in 2016.

DOJ's top election crimes prosecutor quits in protest after Barr tells federal attorneys to probe unsupported allegations of voting irregularities
Evan Perez byline

(CNN)The Justice Department's top election crimes prosecutor resigned Monday in protest after Attorney General William Barr told federal prosecutors that they should examine allegations of voting irregularities before states move to certify results in the coming weeks.

Richard Pilger, director of the elections crimes branch in the Justice Department's Public Integrity Section, told colleagues in an email that the attorney general was issuing "an important new policy abrogating the forty-year-old Non-Interference Policy for ballot fraud investigations in the period prior to elections becoming certified and uncontested." Pilger also forwarded the memo to colleagues in his resignation letter.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/william-barr-voting-irregularities/index.html

:cheers:

Simply based on the law of averages and local experience, I can just about guarantee voter fraud in Michigan. Rarely does an election happen where it doesn't, and that would be for something like local dogcatcher. Oakland, Macomb and Monroe counties are greater Detroit area. People are found guilty all the time in MI for voter irregularities.

On another note:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/online-vulnerable-experts-find-nearly-three-dozen-u-s-voting-n1112436

[ quote ]Online and vulnerable': Experts find nearly three dozen U.S. voting systems connected to internet
A team of election security experts used a “Google for servers” to challenge claims that voting machines do not connect to the internet and found some did.  [/quote]

Hasn't the last 4 years been nothing but certain folks grasping at straws??

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Hasn't the last 4 years been nothing but certain folks grasping at straws??

I meant as far as the alleged voting fraud.

Everyone involved should welcome any investigation where there are clear irregularities.  If it’s found there is no problem, it would legitimize Biden’s win and temper the opposing side’s allegations and loss.  If it turns out there is a problem, that needs to be sorted out forthwith.  This is win/win for democracy.  Anyone opposing this is worried about the outcome. 

QV said:
Everyone involved should welcome any investigation where there are clear irregularities.  If it’s found there is no problem, it would legitimize Biden’s win and temper the opposing side’s allegations and loss.  If it turns out there is a problem, that needs to be sorted out forthwith.  This is win/win for democracy.  Anyone opposing this is worried about the outcome. 

Does that mean every election result should go through such an investigation?  After all, there are irregularities in virtually all elections.  The real question is whether those irregularities are of such a scale it would affect the election results.

PMedMoe said:
I think Trump et al, are grasping at some pretty thin straws according to this newsletter from The Dispatch.

Interesting link.  I like the following advice from it.

I’ve tried to deal with the principal claims of fraud and irregularity, but I have no doubt that more allegations will emerge. In evaluating those claims, here’s a good rule of thumb—do not believe tweets or Facebook posts. Don’t take them seriously. Instead, look for evidence presented in sworn court documents.

There is a veritable army of GOP lawyers who are chomping at the bit to challenge these election results. If there is actual evidence of fraud substantial enough to alter the outcome of the election, those claims will not remain on Twitter. They will not remain on Sean Hannity or on talk radio. They will end up in federal court, where they’ll be exposed to a searching and critical inquiry. For you law geeks out there, look not to Twitter but to PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) to discern whether there is any merit to the most alarmist of claims.

QV said:

Sure.  But that does not mean that the transition process can't be done concurrently.

And to be honest right now, there are not "clear" irregularities that warrant the DOJ getting involved inappropriately.  Their top prosecutor in this case resigning in protest is a clear indications that this is politics at its worse.

Like it or not, Trump is causing severe damage to the US democratic system.   

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back