• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Politics 101. This was a stunt, like catching a football or taking a ride in a tank or touring a cheese factory. But Trump caught his football and made light of himself doing something he doesn't actually know anything about and didn't look too goofy in his apron. This was a win for him.
Blessed are the cheese makers?

People act like this is new. Anyone that looks seriously at Trump will see a guy that's having fun. Personally, I think the way he trolls people that can't handle it, perhaps like yourself, is amusing. Go ahead and slag him. Do you think he cares what people like you have to say? Of course, it's no wonder you're upset that over half the voters, that have a real stake in the election, consider you wildly wrong. You act like he's never done the job before. You're a double outlier. You're Canadian and anti republican. In other words, immaterial to what happens. Keep attacking him personally though, I need a daily laugh.
I think it’s sad that in previous election cycles, POTUS candidates were booted saying and doing things far less than what he has said and done.

And last I checked - you’re Canadian too so also not an American voter. AFAIK in this forum, only @KevinB is actually able to put in a ballot. You taking us laughing at him so personally is also curious.

Except, it appears, nobody there seemed as upset about it, as you and others here are.
You continuously miss the point about those of us here who call out Trump for his buffoonery. We're not upset with him, nor do we hate him. Unlike Republicans, who express to hatred and spite against Democrat candidates, our concern is with the people who are his enablers. It's like clapping for the monkey every time he lifts his little hat when a coin is dropped in his cup. (I know that like me you're old enough to remember the reference) Of more concern is that he will not surround himself with some good people like he did in his last presidency but reach deep into the bag of noxious sycophants that surround him. Should he be able to haul out a legitimate win, his next presidency will not be something that large numbers of Republicans won't even be happy with.
On the contrary, most people there were having a good time.
Presidential campaigns aren't a tail-gate party. They should be serious affairs where national policies are discussed seriously; something Trump is incapable of. He doesn't argue policies, he vomits up ad hominems.
I'll give much more credence to those that were there and their opinion, as true registered voters, than some non resident who can't even vote.
Being a non voter does not make us disinterested nor incapable of rational thought and analysis.
Those that hate the guy will attempt to seize the most miniscule, outlandish reasons to publicly slag him, IMO. Venting ones spleen about things a person doesn't agree with or can control, is amusing.
Once again many Republicans misinterpret concern about the health of the political state amongst our biggest neighbours with hate. The fact that they find it merely amusing rather than something noteworthy simply shows that their understanding of the state of the nation is shallow and completely lacking in any insight as to the second and third order effects of their actions.
I don't think many people missed the Q&A anyway.
Unfortunately for MAGA supporters that's unfortunately all too true.
After 4 years as POTUS and the last 3 years of campaigning, I doubt there's very much people don't already know about him, including his thoughts and actions. Yet they still turn out in the thousands to see him.
That's deeply concerning.
Owning over half the current voter percentage has to count for something.
If true it might. But it's not. Harris has been leading the polls steadily. I'll certainly admit that Trump has far more support than he should.
Unless you’re a Democrat who believes over half the voters in the US, are ignorant rednecks, deplorables and dumb hillbillies.
Once again you impugn beliefs in others without any foundation in that belief. I'll go so far as to admit that most non-Republicans (and quite a few Republicans) are unable to see why such a large percentage of the electorate hasn't yet discovered that the emperor has no clothes and cleave to him like a limpet to a stone. While stupidity may account for a large part of that, most if us see it as a general dissatisfaction of the political system and the bureaucracy that underlies governance. The problem is that resolving those very issues requires a serious leader and not a shallow buffoon. Most of us can understand how Republicans wouldn't entrust that task to a Democrat. What escapes us is that there were, and still are, some very serious Republicans who would fill the bill of a leader of reform. And yet the mob ruled and cowed the serious contenders. I'll take a guess here, based on zero data, that the majority of those people who will vote the Republican ticket are voting against Harris and not for Trump.

🍻

Back