• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

US Presidential Election 2024 - Trump vs Harris - Vote Hard with a Vengence

Uh, are you suggesting that Angus Reid, etc publishes a list of who answers and what they answer?

ffs... dimsum... I'm suggesting the average person answering the phone or email are occasionally not trusting of a random caller asking pollster questions.

ffs... dimsum... I'm suggesting the average person answering the phone or email are occasionally not trusting of a random caller asking pollster questions.
I’m not trusting of them too, but they don’t ask your name or any obvious identifying details.

Watch the clip of Harris's flippant response during a 2020 primary debate to Joe Biden pointing out that something was unconstitutional. Trump dials it up to 11, but she is also arguably past the threshold where seriousness ends. I see much of what she presents this election as a manufactured facade (posed pictures, cosplaying as president by trying to interject herself into crises of the day, reverses without explanation on many past policy stances). Neither candidate measures up to "serious".

Focusing on the buffoonery is a game for people disconnected from "ordinary" Americans. How can people possibly vote for that buffoon?
Buffoonery just doesn't enter into it. Worrying about style is a luxury of the "protected" classes.
I'm not "focusing" on the buffoonery with regard to a justification for who I think would be a better president, and who would not. I'm saying, since someone else made the comparison, that one meets the definition of a buffoon, while the other very clearly does not.

But, might as well while I'm here:
  • probably not going to try to give away thousands of dollars in student loan forgiveness
    • Student loans in the US are exploitative, predatory, and unsustainable. They are often structured with compounding interest, meaning interest accrues on the principal as well as on unpaid interest, increasing the total debt over time. Further, tuition costs have outpaced wage growth. Many borrowers struggle to repay their loans, especially with limited income, leading to long-term financial burdens and a cycle of debt. While overall what the US needs is a long term restructuring of how tuition is paid, and/or how student loans are structures, paying off their debt now would help millions with crushing debt that would stimulate the economy and improve social mobility
  • probably not going to push for national permissive abortion
  • probably not going to haul religious organizations and others into court over conscience-based refusals
    • Haul them? Lets rake them over burning coals. In 2016, a woman in California was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition called placenta accreta during pregnancy, where the placenta grows too deeply into the uterine wall, leading to severe hemorrhaging during delivery. Her doctors at a Catholic hospital informed her that an abortion was medically necessary to save her life, but the hospital refused to perform the procedure due to religious restrictions. They would only perform the abortion once her life was literally in critical condition. Mann had to be transferred to another non-religious hospital to receive the urgent care she needed. The delay in transferring her put her life at even greater risk, underscoring how religious policies can endanger patients by delaying critical, life-saving care.
  • probably going to keep seeking normalization between Israel and the non-Iranian regional powers
    • And Harris wouldn't?
  • probably going to support keeping the last round of tax cuts
    • The last round favored the wealthy, whereas Harris supports a fairer tax system benefiting working families
  • probably going to pursue protectionist trade policies (a bad idea, but sounds good to people who don't grasp free trade well)
    • These would crush the US economy.
  • probably going to appoint federal judges who hew closer to constitutional fidelity
    • As it turns out, you can take the idea of constitutional fidelity too far. Some have started to argue that literally everything needs to be viewed from the lens of what existed at the time the constitution was written. If it didn't exist when the constitution was written, than the constitution can't be used to justify it, or in the more dangerous case, can't be used to invalidate it.
  • probably going to try to constrict the flow of illegal migrants into the country
    • Two thins. One, Biden and Harris TRIED to do that already. Two, absolutely no policy is going to fix the southern border until you address the root causes of migration from central and southern America. It worked with Mexico; their proportion has been steadily declining as the quality of life in Mexico has been increasing, thank in part to policies designed to help Mexico become a better country to live in.
  • probably not going to push for as much public spending (which aggravates inflation)
    • Perhaps, but moot. He'll continue to cut taxes without cutting spending in kind. Republican tax cuts, especially by Bush and Trump, have added $10 trillion to the debt since their enactment and are responsible for 57 percent of the increase in the debt ratio since 2001, and more than 90 percent of the increase in the debt ratio if the one-time costs of bills responding to COVID-19 and the Great Recession are excluded. A higher debt ratio slows economic growth.

IMG_1908.pngYou need a real hobby. 😉
So do some others.

IMG_1906.png
IMG_1907.png

I’ll best honest the constant stream of text’s and emails soured me in the last election, and that was when I was supporting Trump, now it’s just gotten to the point of offensive - as I have removed (or attempted to) myself from all the various Trumpster graft, and I still get contacted. Even some of the Pro Trump folks I know are getting sick of being spammed by 40+ emails a day and the tens of texts.

I’ve never donated money to the Democrats, so admittedly I’m unsure of if they conduct the same kind of harassment of their voters - but all this does is make me sure that I won’t be putting anything beside the name Donald Trump in the next two weeks, other than flipping him the bird as I walk out of the voting booth.

So do some others.

View attachment 88594
View attachment 88595

I’ll best honest the constant stream of text’s and emails soured me in the last election, and that was when I was supporting Trump, now it’s just gotten to the point of offensive - as I have removed (or attempted to) myself from all the various Trumpster graft, and I still get contacted. Even some of the Pro Trump folks I know are getting sick of being spammed by 40+ emails a day and the tens of texts.

I’ve never donated money to the Democrats, so admittedly I’m unsure of if they conduct the same kind of harassment of their voters - but all this does is make me sure that I won’t be putting anything beside the name Donald Trump in the next two weeks, other than flipping him the bird as I walk out of the voting booth.
Musk could single-handedly fund Trump’s campaign via Super PAC but no, he needs your help!!!!

🤣

Musk could single-handedly fund Trump’s campaign via Super PAC but no, he needs your help!!!!

🤣
Rockefeller was still counting pennies up to the day he died. Musk’s money is just seed money for a future ROI.

Rockefeller was still counting pennies up to the day he died. Musk’s money is just seed money for a future ROI.
It's just business. There are only two viable parties, and one of them has demonstrated a willingness to put party interests ahead of national interests and go after his businesses.

Yup, business is business, and an ROI usually figures in that business. 👍🏼

So do some others.

View attachment 88594
View attachment 88595

Honestly Kev, I don't think that that is an outlier of any particular party. Once a party has your email, it's going to happen. Most just don't notice because they only subscribe to one party. A few years ago, I responded to some article or other about the liberals, using a throw away email. It still gets inundated with donation requests. I doubt the NDP would be much different. It's simply the nature of the political beast.

I usually just put their email addys in my spam folder and send all their requests there, until we are going to have an election. Then I take their restrictions off and start getting their updates again.

I have a few yahoo email addys that I use for anything where I figure I'll be inundated with daily spam. Easy to screen and throw away if need be.

Honestly Kev, I don't think that that is an outlier of any particular party. Once a party has your email, it's going to happen. Most just don't notice because they only subscribe to one party. A few years ago, I responded to some article or other about the liberals, using a throw away email. It still gets inundated with donation requests. I doubt the NDP would be much different. It's simply the nature of the political beast.

I usually just put their email addys in my spam folder and send all their requests there, until we are going to have an election. Then I take their restrictions off and start getting their updates again.

I have a few yahoo email addys that I use for anything where I figure I'll be inundated with daily spam. Easy to screen and throw away if need be.
Yes, but I keep getting spam texts.
Then I report the number as junk to AT&T and a different number sends something 30 min later. It’s fairly tone deaf to do that to one’s voters.

Email, yeah I have a lot of spam in folders, but I’m getting to the point of making an FCC complaint about the texts.

Yes, but I keep getting spam texts.
Then I report the number as junk to AT&T and a different number sends something 30 min later. It’s fairly tone deaf to do that to one’s voters.

Email, yeah I have a lot of spam in folders, but I’m getting to the point of making an FCC complaint about the texts.
Like spam emails, if you unsubscribe, you're just telling them it's a live email. Same will happen with texts. Telus allows you to screen robocalls with a free company program. If you try call, you'll be prompted to enter a number in order to connect to my phone. "To speak to the owner, please press 3." That stops robocalls and auto dialers. Registered contacts don't get screened. We also have a government provided 'Do not call list, where you can register your number. It appears to work, somewhat, but is not perfect. It all takes some time for it to become integrated, but in my case, I only get one or two spam texts or calls a month now.

Back