• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

(USAF) Sergeant In Trouble For Playboy Spread

Blackadder1916

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Sergeant In Trouble For Playboy Spread
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_re_us/playboy_military

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - An Air Force staff sergeant who posed nude for Playboy magazine has been relieved of her duties while the military investigates, officials said Thursday.

In February's issue, hitting newsstands this week, Michelle Manhart is photographed in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline "Tough Love." The following pages show her partially clothed, wearing her dog tags while working out, as well as completely nude.

"This staff sergeant's alleged action does not meet the high standards we expect of our airmen, nor does it comply with the Air Force's core values of integrity, service before self, and excellence in all we do," Oscar Balladares, spokesman for Lackland Air Force Base, said in a statement.

Manhart told Playboy that she considers herself as standing up for her rights.

"Of what I did, nothing is wrong, so I didn't anticipate anything, of course," Manhart, 30, told The Associated Press. "I didn't do anything wrong, so I didn't think it would be a major issue."

Manhart, who is married with two children, joined the Air Force in 1994, spending time in Kuwait in 2002. She trains airmen at Lackland

I haven't seen that issue of the magazine, so cannot comment on the photos, but I would only get Playboy to read the articles. (Really)

I haven't seen that issue of the magazine, so cannot comment on the photos, but I would only get Playboy to read the articles. (Really)

Uh huh.....me too...

Onward and er...upward....she probably did more for the moral and standards of the AF than anyone else.

How many members of the US Armed Forces and Police Forces have posed for photos for both Penthouse and Playboy and other Men's Magazines, only to have the same results?  You would have thought that there wouldn't be a need for them to learn the hard way that they are breaking the Rules of Service Discipline after someone has been publicly disciplined before.  Duh!

I am currently in San Antonio, TX but I have not seen the Staff Sergeant. Lackland AFB is where they train the USAF enlisted recruits.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=106923393

This is her Myspace, it is tame, so you can see what she looks like. 

dileas

tess

Don't worry fellas, I'll check out 9ers subscription copy next time I get home for a weekend and let you all know what articles you're missing out on by not having this issue.

I'm sure you will..... poor guy will never see it again...  :)

George Wallace said:
How many members of the US Armed Forces and Police Forces have posed for photos for both Penthouse and Playboy and other Men's Magazines, only to have the same results?  You would have thought that there wouldn't be a need for them to learn the hard way that they are breaking the Rules of Service Discipline after someone has been publicly disciplined before.  Duh!

+1 Fire her ass.

kincanucks said:
+1 Fire her
fine
kincanucks said:

Exactly... I agree with GW completely on this one. How many people are going to lose their careers and lives full of work spent achieving that career before they are going to realize that if the clothes come off you're out of a job.

...let me get this straight -- it isn't okay for her to pose nude for a magazine but it is okay for guys to buy the magazines?

Yup, but not by me. This did nothing to diminish her or the AF. It is simply people passing judgment over one's private life.

SamIAm said:
...let me get this straight -- it isn't okay for her to pose nude for a magazine but it is okay for guys to buy the magazines?

Buy them in a PX, even.

SamIAm said:

Oh please! We are talking about a member of the military and if she wants to show here assets then she should get out and pose as much as she wants.

SamIAm said:

Spare us the indignation.  This is not the first case like this and she knew damned well what was going to happen. IMHO, she has aspirations outside the USAF and this is publicity you just can't buy !!!

SamIAm said:

That's EXACTLY how it is.

Last time I checked, my choice of reading material does'nt hold my entire unit/element up to ridicule.

P.S. You could probably add "female" to the gender portion of your profile - you're outed.

cdnaviator said:
Spare us the indignation.  This is not the first case like this and she knew damned well what was going to happen. IMHO, she has aspirations outside the USAF and this is publicity you just can't buy !!!

That may well be the case, but it doesn't speak at all to the issue of whether the regulation is fair or not.

284_226 said:
That may well be the case, but it doesn't speak at all to the issue of whether the regulation is fair or not.

We have similar regulations requiring that CF members  conduct themselves as to not bring discredit upon the forces......Want to take a guess at how this would play out here ?

Remember years ago, was at a "strip" club with a couple of the boys..... when someone told me "don't look now".....

Silly me, I looked up at stage & .......... there was one of our MCpls struttin her stuff.

Matter was dealt with at a later date but.,.... cheez! what's a guy to do.... OK I looked

cdnaviator said:
We have similar regulations requiring that CF members  conduct themselves as to not bring discredit upon the forces......Want to take a guess at how this would play out here ?

That implies that it could be proven that appearing nude in a men's magazine brings discredit upon the CF.  Could you give reasons why you believe that to be so?

Just playing the Devil's Advocate here  :)

Back