• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VAC QUESTION ON TIME LINES ONCE THE FILE IS IN PEI

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some help on time lines with a VAC Claim.  I was awarded 10% back in May 2010 and just finish the updated DR stuff with a medical and all the other stuff required.  I guessing my File will hit PEI soon.  My QUESTION is once there how long would it take for them to review my file AGAIN and for me to hear an answer.

Since I am already under VAC is there a different steps I fall into or it is as the files come in one at a time.

Any help would be great

Thanks

If you had to do a second medical with a VAC doctor, I would think the procedure is the same, at least for the part between the time you have your doctor's appointment and when your medical report gets to PEI.

Doctor gives the writen report to the clerk;
The clerk has to type the report once;
The clerk sends it to the doctor who saw you so he can review it and correct any mistakes;
The report comes back to the clerk, who types it again;
The clerk sends the report to the doctor for signature;
The report is then sent to PEI, and your file is reviewed (again)

It took me 3 months to find out this procedure and at which step my file was (I was getting irritated to only get "It not in PEI yet" as an answer). I think (I'm not sure) once the file is in PEI, they have between 8 and 24 weeks to give you an answer.

If I may ask, for what condition did you get the 10%? Did you have a CF98 for your claim?

Back