• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )

There is tonnes of views on this forum, but no one indicating any results either positive or negative.

Anyone lurking out there that is going through this this year?

This waiting is seriously the worst the further it goes into May.

I hear you have been waiting for what seems like forever. From the six people that I know that put in for a VOT this year none of them have heard anything back yet except for one who was verbally told by the career manager that he was not accepted this year. Maybe hear some good news before the weekend.

Wrathwitch said:
There is tonnes of views on this forum, but no one indicating any results either positive or negative.

Anyone lurking out there that is going through this this year?

This waiting is seriously the worst the further it goes into May.

Nothing here. I looked at previous years that my unit has recieved them and it was in April in 2013, and May 5th 2014 so I was hoping to have seen something by now.

I have been annoying the hell out of people in my office by asking about it all the time. This is my 4th kick at the can so my fingers are crossed.

I so feel your pain (maybe not even as much if some have been trying for more than once). I was on parade today and talked to an admin clerk who works in the PSO OR and he mentioned that he hadn't seen any go out this year yet and that they were behind, BUT he also mentioned that he wasn't the closest admin clerk to the VOT process working there. It could be that they are backlogged. I think I will shoot an email to a Cpl that was dealing with my case there and see if they have seen ANY come out yet. I will let you know if I hear anything concrete back.

When I say being behind I believe he was referring to the process of the trades/board choosing. But again, not 100% sure. Maybe I can hear something tomorrow.

UTPNCM offers are starting to come out; not much longer now.

Good luck to everyone who applied.  Wait is almost over.

FWIW, I got a reply from my Pdev clerk and what she told me was:

DMCPG are currently drafting messages for another program. They have delays in every program, so the wait is ‘’normal’’.

Not sure if this will be of help but it was a relief to know that NONE had gone out yet.

Cheers!

I touched base with my PSO today and was told no timeline, and no offers as of yet lol...not much help, but should be a sigh of relief for those waiting!

And as Eye in the Sky said, the UTPNCM offers are starting to roll, so its only a matter of time now, and the CANFORGEN does say end april/early may, so we still have some time before they are "late" lol

I really wish there was more communication irt this process. I get that there are delays and they might not know when the offers will come out. But it would be nice if they communicated somewhere that delays had occured and whether or not the selection boards for OTs have even sat yet.

that would make too much sense.

hopefully they call me at home when this happens.
im being moved to a new crew, (restructure of our crews)... and taking 21 days of leave. hopefully my gaining crew knows that i have a VOT in.

pross182 said:
I really wish there was more communication irt this process. I get that there are delays and they might not know when the offers will come out. But it would be nice if they communicated somewhere that delays had occured and whether or not the selection boards for OTs have even sat yet.

What were the timelines/dates given in the AVOTP message for offers?  Could be they are actually not late...

snippet fron canforgen

"SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN LATE APR/EARLY MAY 15. UNSUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED IN LATE JULY 15 "

I interpret "Early May" to mean no later than May 15th. No they're technically not late but they sure don't seem to be in any hurry. I'm holding off contacting the BPSO until Friday, partly because I know there's very little they can do about it anyway.

At least they finally pushed back the expected release time frame for rejections. The 2 CANFORGENs before that one always said "End May for rejections" and I didn't get my rejection until September last year. It's just frustrating the each year this process takes longer and longer.

Regarding messages coming out I mentioned before was a direct quote from the RMS Clerk who works at the PDEV office.

Last week/this week the UTPNCM program offers are likely going out. Once they process those, I am HOPING that the next program that they inform is the AVOT.

I am assuming that it takes about a week or so for them to cut/process/send the messages so since I heard about this last friday. I am going with next week being the time that they start cutting the messages and depending on how long it takes for them to process and send them likely receive any offers in 1 (optimistic) - 2 weeks time.

They had a time extension on the program I was told by my BPSO officer that I had no later than the 24th April to get the last piece of paperwork that it turned out I ended up needing unexpectedly. If you take that timeline into consideration, although it sucks a lot. I am guessing 3rd week to 4th week of May. So the extenstion puts the timeline on the CANFORGEN forward by at least 2-3 weeks.

Oh, I also learned that the paperwork that the BPSO sends to the selection boards are: VOT memo, BPSO recommendation, and your MPRR. I did not realize that the BPSO's recommendation would carry so much weight (considering now that the boards don't have access to your PERs file).

Wrathwitch said:
Regarding messages coming out I mentioned before was a direct quote from the RMS Clerk who works at the PDEV office.

Last week/this week the UTPNCM program offers are likely going out. Once they process those, I am HOPING that the next program that they inform is the AVOT.

I am assuming that it takes about a week or so for them to cut/process/send the messages so since I heard about this last friday. I am going with next week being the time that they start cutting the messages and depending on how long it takes for them to process and send them likely receive any offers in 1 (optimistic) - 2 weeks time.

They had a time extension on the program I was told by my BPSO officer that I had no later than the 24th April to get the last piece of paperwork that it turned out I ended up needing unexpectedly. If you take that timeline into consideration, although it sucks a lot. I am guessing 3rd week to 4th week of May. So the extenstion puts the timeline on the CANFORGEN forward by at least 2-3 weeks.

Oh, I also learned that the paperwork that the BPSO sends to the selection boards are: VOT memo, BPSO recommendation, and your MPRR. I did not realize that the BPSO's recommendation would carry so much weight (considering now that the boards don't have access to your PERs file).

By VOT memo, do you mean the memo that you wrote asking for a change of trade, or your CO's recommendation?...I personally saw my CO's recommendation, and it was a very bad attempt at flattery to say the least(if anyone can read between the lines lol  :facepalm:)

so if im reading this correctly, we have end may as the earliest timeline for offers to start rolling, still not terrible.

trooper142 said:
By VOT memo, do you mean the memo that you wrote asking for a change of trade, or your CO's recommendation?...I personally saw my CO's recommendation, and it was a very bad attempt at flattery to say the least(if anyone can read between the lines lol  :facepalm:)

so if im reading this correctly, we have end may as the earliest timeline for offers to start rolling, still not terrible.

My PO2 was delegated to write the CO's recommendation. I don't know if there was any furthe correspondence on the CO's part once the BPSO was done with my Pers file. She told me that the usual process was (once the interview was complete) to send the file back to the CO informing him of the status of the application so that he/she is in the know.

My understanding is that it is the actual Memo you submitted as well as the BPSO's recommendation as well as your MPRR . I saw a memo on my Pers file yesterday (from the BPSO office to the CO) that stated something to the lines of "The members application has been sent to DGMC, DGCMP (or whatever the alphabet is that they go to), the only responsibility to the member's unit is to inform the applicant's career manager that the following files/paperwork have been sent (Member's VOT memo, MPRR (to determine fitness) and BPSO's recommendation) to the DGMC (or whatever alphabet it goes to) which it then further states to ensure that the BPSO's portion of the paperwork is NOT TO BE left on the member's Pers file.

I hate to assume that the entire application and your pers file would be sent to the "powers that be" after the BPSO reviews it, but perhaps there would be a tonne of paperwork if your entire file and application went up the whole way. It seems that the PSO culls the enormous amount of paperwork that would otherwise be sent up.

IF it truly is just those few papers that go up to the boards, it would really seem that the BPSO carries a tonne of weight in the application process! I wish I knew more. Perhaps I should do some more research and set up a SOP for the info process. I am always too curious for my own good.

Either way this is the first week I haven't stressed since late April. I will start to panic again in 2 weeks time if I haven't heard anything *winks*

Wrathwitch said:
I also learned that the paperwork that the BPSO sends to the selection boards are: VOT memo, BPSO recommendation, and your MPRR. I did not realize that the BPSO's recommendation would carry so much weight (considering now that the boards don't have access to your PERs file).

If you think about it, the PSOs recommendation should carry a lot of weight.  They review your Pers file, they interview you, they have a feel for what skills and attributes you bring to the table, etc and are an unbiased stakeholder in the process, there summarize an applicants service history and suitability for remuster. 

People are hand wringing over time lines as it is, imagine how much longer it would take selection boards to, score and rank everyone if they had to wade thru Pers files.

Shorter version; think of what PSO stands for.  :nod:

Back