• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Walts, posers & wannabes (merged)

Recceguy filled me in on this thread last night.  Sorry I missed this train wreck.  At least he could have a future in the writing of cheesy fiction (if someone checks his spelling).  I actually ran his story through some plagiarism checkers and nothing came up.  

Damn the things you miss when you take the D9er out for dinner.

B/G welcome aboard.

Teddy I caught the 44 reference too. Guess he was watching Blood Diamond on DVD last night.  Anyway Vern can you get me a new keyboard and a XL doubkle double, I just had another accident about 5 pages ago.  :'(

God so much happens when I'm gone to bed now. (Not in the dirty way either ;D)

Love the new thread name as well!
:rofl:
-Deadpan

Been following this classic walthunt from this side of the pond ! What a legend ! The photos showing so called military vehicles have been ripped to shreds here in the UK. UK military vehicles do NOT have tax discs or MOT (test) stickers in the window. I am well known in the UK, used to run the largest off road driving site in England, someone will know that distinctive Defender on the Landrover forums I frequent. Wait out for an answer along the lines of "it's guy who works at Burger King down the road from me"

Won't even start on the weapons, made better ones when I was 6 !

Some of the photos are of Garelochhead, even the Gulf photos, just lifted this from a UK CCF (Combined Cadet Force) website;

"The cadets also take part in an annual inter-detachment competition "The Sir Steuart Pringle Trophy Competition" held at CTCRM over a weekend in October. This involves a team of eight cadets from each detachment competing over two days of military tests, in order to enhance their knowledge and find the best detachment.

The highlight of the cadet year is the Annual Training Camp in Scotland each summer. Based at Garelochhead this twelve day exercise tests every aspect of the cadets training and is a challenging and rewarding experience for all!"

I think it's safe to say this tool is an "adult" instructor with some truth issues going on ! Maybe mummy did too much LSD in the '60's ????

failol.jpg

I've been semi-reading, semi-skimming through this.  One thing I don't know (sorry for the naievity), but what exactly is a WALT?  I'm guessing it's a poser poster, but is there an acronym here or was there a historic poster named "WALT" that did an epic job of posing?

hauger said:
I've been semi-reading, semi-skimming through this.  One thing I don't know (sorry for the naievity), but what exactly is a WALT?  I'm guessing it's a poser poster, but is there an acronym here or was there a historic poster named "WALT" that did an epic job of posing?

WALT comes from Walter Mitty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Mitty

12minden said:
Been following this classic walthunt from this side of the pond ! What a legend ! The photos showing so called military vehicles have been ripped to shreds here in the UK. UK military vehicles do NOT have tax discs or MOT (test) stickers in the window. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The highlight of the cadet year is the Annual Training Camp in Scotland each summer. Based at Garelochhead this twelve day exercise tests every aspect of the cadets training and is a challenging and rewarding experience for all!"

I think it's safe to say this tool is an "adult" instructor with some truth issues going on ! Maybe mummy did too much LSD in the '60's ????

12minden,

Welcome to our side of the pond. We appreciate your input in outing this poser.

I think this thread has truly set a precedent, in multi-national WALT hunting....talk about your coalition of the unbelieving.

No further PM's from him, since I bade him goodnight and thanked him for the fun. He was still sticking by the claim that 'MOD Droitwich' had no record of my service, and that he had phoned CFB Petawawa from an ROTC, MoD phone (in Vancouver no less ????) who had never heard of me.

To our Cousins,

Thank you for coming aboard and helping us out.  As with BBJ in the past, we will work together once again to flush out the Wlats that converge on our humble homes

Again, cheers!

dileas

tess

Recceguy, many thanks BUT the pleasure is all mine ;) Walthunting should be an Olympic sport :skull:

I'd welcome a visit from Booty, I only stay over the water from Garelochhead. I reckon if he lent me one of those rubber band guns I could snipe him from here sat on the toilet !

Maybe we need to put up a Poser/Walt Gallery on our respective forums to show how pathetic these wannabes are.

This guy should post the same thing on lightfighter.net;  I bet he would be banned by now on that form  ;D

Hello, I have joined this site for this 'WALT' thread

By way of introduction I am UK Army Reserve (TA) both RE and RLC since 1985. I Have been following the thread in the UK ARRSE forum. I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan recently like many of the UK serving military. Cut and pastes below from 3 messages I posted for your consumption.

***********************************************************************************************************************
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:34 pm

I have reviewed the picture, and no I don't work at Ashchurch !

It is possibly a crew cab 110 with purpose built body not your commonal TUM nor is it a Rapier 127 (normally has winch on front) Mil Spec LR's have a front towing pin in middle of front bumper and illegal civi plate appears to disguise. Front index plates are to one side on mil LR's. Mil Spec Normally aspirated LR's of the period 87-91 had a spare tyre on the bonnet. Roses are not screw in type...

images.google.co.uk/im...n%26sa%3DG

the Plate appears to be J432MOD or J432NOD. DVLA lookup dosn't identify as a LANDROVER.

But it was civi registered (tax disk and MOT sticker in windscreen).

I know MOD rents Trg Areas to airsofters and other groups for revenue
generation.

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:59 pm

ROE says as military we are instructed not to attempt to identify exact wpns systems types other than to a generic category, i.e. hand gun, long barrel wpn, anti- armour weapon etc.

Closest wpn in look/profile is Thompson Sub Machine gun (WWII vintage) with M1 carbine type para folding stock(WWII vintage). But this is very crudely made.

Odd things....

Rear Iron sights missing, sighting system not right?
No flash eliminator?
No curve in magazine suggesting a feed problem if it was real?
Furniture on forestock poor, fingers would get burnt on high rate of fire
Missing ejection port (or right hand covering it as he is a right handed firer?)
Folding stock swivels on top of wpn and not on side or below

Possible blank firing semi auto pistol at rear of Wpn, I can just see pistol rear sight and hammer?

This one is interesting. Home made me thinks.....It just doesn't look right...

Fake or Paint ball? but WALT..... yes
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:33 pm

and I thought the UK banned fox hunting....

I have caught up with the CA and Rum Ration threads as linked earlier.

SITREP:

Three new pictures have appeared on the CA web site overnight.

Titled 'Gulf' and 'G1' and ‘B assault group 3’

forums.army.ca/gallery...ewsIndex=1

forums.army.ca/gallery...ewsIndex=1

forums.army.ca/gallery...emId=38916

So fuzzy pictures prehaps order are now order of the day....

My take....

They still look like cadets! Just what is the canoe doing there? Looks like a commercial freighter in the background and the picture taken in some kind of Estuary aka Scottish shoreline?. There is now an Iron Sight SA80 in view (probably the Cadet GP variant) No RIB, Raider or RE Work Boat present? Perhaps it was canoe disembarkation? The same beach profile, shore clutter and weather pattern is featured in both pictures. The fireman’s lift picture titled G1 is of course a training practice of some kind.

No comms antenna present (could be trailing wire like on PRC 351 though…)

'Scottish Coast' , 'G3 Trg cadets' and 'Debussing on Ex 'may be more appropriate titles for these.

The Airportable Land Rover is a hard top variant as used by RM in Norway (Our TA RE UK based unit got issued one in the late 90’s, we back loaded it because it was petrol Artic based one, was of no use to us and had hosepipes, tin foil type stuff everywhere along with no room because of the battery box as it was an FFR.) I also like the wpn handling drills on passing a wpn over complete with hand in pocket, sloppy! It also looks like the same home made wpn initially analysed earlier in this thread.

Well the shoreline isn't the Shatt al Arab for sure.....So which part of the Gulf is it. Can we have a MGRS loc or a Google Earth link anyone.

Ultimately it should be the RM who validate or discredit, They have the knowledge and the depth here.

Gents, good afternoon.  Please excuse the intrusion but as you will be aware this thread has an "international following"!!  I did register the other day, wrote a post but was beaten to the wire by the thread being locked.  Without wading through the whole thread again, being very aware that my credentials are no more apparent than his, please accept from memory the following;
1.  In the time frame of this saga all RM new entrants, OR and officer, have joined at CTCRM (previously ITCRM) Lympstone (standfast juniors, see below).  The only reference I have to Melville in 1965 is as the home of the Pay and Records office.  Additionally I am unaware of any age limit, stated as 17 1/2, for joining. I and many thousands of other Junior Mnes joined at 16.  Juniors used to join at RMB Deal, then move to CTC after 3 months IIRC.
2.  Historically RM officers did not have Service or Regimental number theirs being for administrative purposes only.  This changed a while ago. The N prefix is the RN identifier for RM officers.  This system has been ratified in recent years, ie the V female officer prefix has gone amongst others.  ORs used to have Divisional numbers identifying where they joined, Chatham (CHX?), Portsmouth(POR?) or Plymouth (PLY).  These changed maybe 35 years or more ago and the current P0XXXXXA system came into use.  Those with the old style numbers  (possibly below 18XX ) changed to the new format.  Rejoins did get new numbers if the gap between leaving and rejoining was over a certain time (I don't know what but I know guys that have been in both camps)
3.  The M & AW Cadre left Condor over 20 years ago.  It moved to RMB Stonehouse, was then subsumed into BPT and was eventually reborn as the ML training sect.  This has subsequently evolved and has moved to CTCRM.
4.  In this context I have never heard of the RM JTI.
5.  In all my (too) long service I have never r never heard a Royal Marine refer to a sentry duty as a Stag.  If memory serves this would include my training team that had served variously since the early 60s.  The word watch would be used in other circumstances ie a radio watch.
6.  Other than those who shall not be named I am unaware of any major RM "bayonet" involvement in the Balkans until Kosovo.
7.  In the late 70s the Corps was in dire straits as far as future employability, there had been a lack of investment in AW and even less practise.  The Forces as a whole were suffering under a financial moratorium and as a young marine even I was aware of the threat to our existence.  HOWEVER at no time do I recall, at my pondlife level, any real talk of amalgamation with the Para Regt.  As an aside, RM personnel are exempt from having to do P coy in order to complete the BPC.  Given the nature of P Coy, and the kudos that goes with completing it and the inevitable sense of superiority of those who are PARA I just don't see 2 PARA doing it again.  Question posed on Arrse.

Hope these points are relevent, as you would hear on this side of the pond, why let the truth stand in the way of a good dit!!

My regards to all those who have, who are and who will serve alongside UK forces and especially those that have paid the ultimate price.  The response from the Canadian public to these returning warriors is an example that unfortunately is not followed elsewhere.

IMD

If he does have a public position of trust (ie with RM cadets as it would appear)...there are some similarities to this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1033306/Soldier-quits-Facebook-claims-serving-SAS-killing-100-people-exposed-lies.html

fuelgit & In_my_day,

Welcome and thanks for the contribution to Booty's coming out party.

It's nice to see some of the old dogs getting exercise.  ;D
This fellow really brought out the detectives, I'd almost think Booty was a senior army.ca member just having some fun. He's clearly RTFO.

Lots of new 1 day old "ya this guy sucks!" posters, I trust the mods are keeping an eye on ISPs to avoid the usual.

Starting to enjoy the nature of this thread.....

energizer-bunny-page.jpg

Welcome to new posters/readers from across the Atlantic!

Back