• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what do you hope to gain from cadets?

what do you hope to gain from the cadets?

• self disipline

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • leadership abilities

• instruction abilities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • improve phisical fitness

• chance to leave home and see other places (exchanges, camps)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • all of the above

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
I owe the Cadet program so much. Its given me transferable skills that will stay with me forever. It's also given me unforgettable experiences that could NOT be gained through any other organization but the Canadian Cadet movement. The added bonus is that it looks really good on scholarship applications  :)

-Hutch- said:
Hey i was just wondering what everyone hopes to gain from cadets.

also how did you find out about it and what was your first impressions? has it changed?

i am just curiouse.
I have only just recently aged out of cadets. and well i got what i wanted from it and a little more. but it has also changed with the CHAP thing. cadets are beggining to abuse it. if some one they don't like touches like poke wise they say " Oh, I'm going to CHAP you for that." they are abusing teh right of protection and it shouldnt be like that. not at all, it is sad. they are 12 years of age and older and they are acting like little 3 year olds.  and how i found out about cadets was from the newspaper, and my first impression of it was this will be interesting and well it was.

When i joined cadets, it was with a bit of a stereotypical view of it as shooting guns and that it was cool.
But i learnt so much: respect, teamwork, pride. In cadets i learnt to stand for what i believed and to work in coordination with others, it was and still is a great experience to break off from the usual weekend routine. Now i am proud to wear the uniform and to say: No I'm not going to the party, i have cadets .

I joined cadets because I was interested in joining the forces. It got me out of my Hole-in-the-wall northern bc town. But definately there have been a wicked amount of bonuses along the way and now things like school credits and references are becoming real perks. Also the program has molded my current personality into something people call respectable, not gonna complain about that!

I joined to try something new.. Different from the girl guide ritual all my friends were taking.. I got to go places and do things that I would normally ever do.. Spent many summers out in BC.. I have a great respect for people and understand more then I ever will need.. I finished my Cadet career at the top and never looked behind again.. 

I joined Cadets because it was really the only thing in town.  At first it was quite slow and I had a hard time keeping focus.  After the second year that changed with the silver star programme.  Map and Compass!!!  Methods of instruction!!!  I now posses many skills that could not have been obtained from other youth activities.  Now I give back to my local unit in the hopes that others will reap the same rewards that I have.

Cheers :cdn:

The Army Guy :warstory:

What have I gotten out of cadets... wow where to start? I've climbed mountains and glaciers in the rockies for one. Met friends that even though we're provinces apart I can still call up and have a conversation on the phone with. I've learnt skills that no other youth organization could have taught me. :cdn:

Back