• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is the recruiting process like for people with glasses?

robotar

Inactive
Reaction score
I tried researching this through the site and google search but didn't find any specific information.
I heard they might ask me for my eye prescription papers? is this true? Right now im booked for an aptitude test august 9th but haven't got any dates for medical and physical test. Would it be a good idea to bring prescription with me?

On a side note I hope bmq and other training doesn't put me on a big disadvantage for needing them.

robotar said:
On a side note I hope bmq and other training doesn't put me on a big disadvantage for needing them.

Lots of people in the military wear glasses and have passed BMQ and other courses, don't worry about it.

robotar said:
I tried researching this through the site and google search but didn't find any specific information.
I heard they might ask me for my eye prescription papers? is this true? Right now im booked for an aptitude test august 9th but haven't got any dates for medical and physical test. Would it be a good idea to bring prescription with me?

Bring your prescription with you, they'll need it eventually and it always helps to have more paperwork than not enough. I had glasses for everything up to and including a tour, you'll be fine.

More here,

Topic: "Vision Category and Acuity":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31590.0
"If you currently wear prescribed eyewear, you will need to bring both your glasses and a copy of your most recent eyewear prescription to the testing."

Probably would not hurt to start carrying it in your wallet for CFRC appointments, so you will be less likely to forget it on the day of your medical.

No big deal really.
If you have the means I recommend getting contact lenses. I have the ones that you can leave in for a month at a time. They certainly make some things easier in my opinion...

Easier, because they don't have to squint at the forms or hold them at arms length to read them.

I was told to bring my glasses and prescription to both my medicals. I handed it to him and he handed it back to me and said he didn't need it. Finally, I was at the RC one day and asked them to copy it and put it in my file as it was getting quite tattered from carrying it around all the time, and I was afraid I might lose it.

For me they gave me a form to have filled in by my eye doctor.  You wont be at a disadvantage your drive, determination, and skill will be what puts you at an advantage or disadvantage for your entire career not your vision.  However if your vision is bad enough (like mine) you will be categorized V4 and will not be able to be hired into a combat arms trade.

On a side not if you wear contacts there is a type of contact that you wear for 30 days straight and don't take them out at night you just sleep in them,  They are awesome in the field as I don't have to fumble with contacts out there.  Mine are Bausch&Lamb Purevision 2 but I believe there are more then 1 company making them.

Best of luck in your recruitment process

Back