• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Had a First Nation Fellow applying for a project which requires a formal approval from us and environmental assessment, after leading him by the hand through the process he said: "Man with all the first Nation consultation required there is no way for a "Whitey" could ever build anything!"

From one Hull Tech to the instructor "i cant see my welding puddle  i think my helmet [arc welding auto polarizing ventilated" isn't working. to which one of the other students asked did you turn it on ?  He said yes the ventilation is working . No i mean the visor tinting . what do you mean turn on the helmet ?"the helmet has a ventilation pack and a visor that you have to turn on after 1/2 hour of a flash or it stays off . you see the boys on American chopper testing their helmets by flashing a cigarette lighter in front of them .  turns out hes been Arc welding over a week 6+ hrs a day without a flash shield operating proper. his reply was "well my eyes do itch a little in the evening." As one of my other friends said if your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough .  My hats off to him ...

[Insert Random Name] said:
"So wait, why don't we go back to the FN FAL? That way, instead of buying our own ammo, we can just steal clips from enemy AK47s!"

Courtesy of a Counterstrike playing friend when we were talking about the C7. There's just so much wrong with the above statement.  :eek:

Oh lord.  ::)

Vern ...

"Do you want to go to CFSAL twice on tasking?"

Why ask? The answer is obvious to me -- it's in Ontario!!  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Is he 15?? This is normal.  :mad:

This one from mine:

Jordan comes running into the room ... "Mom ... MOM!!! Is it normal for guys to have milky stuff oozing from their nipples!!??"

Mom ... "What!! NO!!!"

Jordan ... "Whew - good thing that I don't then" beating hastey retreat from my range.

I never know what to expect from him.

Once at the checkout to the grocery store, I remarked "I wonder if I've got everything (more speaking out loud to myself)"? He pipes up (loudly) with a "Maybe you can buy those boob implants here before we go."

HAHAHA

Mine is only 10, but I swear to all that is holy, he will end up in logistics with his warped brain.

Shiraz said:
HAHAHA

Mine is only 10, but I swear to all that is holy, he will end up in logistics with his warped brain.

I've yet to meet a loggie with a warped brain.

Or perhaps we just all think that we're "normal" and it's everyone else who's warped??  ;D

Bought a Slurpee today at 7/11. Paid the exact price ($1.56) with a loonie, a quarter, three dimes and a penny.

I take the Slurpee and as I'm headed for the door the clerk calls out, "Excuse me sir, you owe me a nickle."

I called out "Count it again" and as I went out the door his bud was saying "Gah, you id.."

I should have stuck around.  :)

okay this one is pretty good, This morning we had our dishwasher leak (its one of the counter top ones that sits on its own little trolley) boyfriend walks into kitchen to get another cup of coffee, and he yells
"Babe! The stoves leaking!"  And of course this is said completely matter of factly as if our stove has leaked before. Its the kind you plug in with nothing that could possibly leak and HE KNOWS THAT!

The dishwasher or the stove? hehehehhe, actually neither are but I know why the dishwasher leaked. The dial sometimes gets stuck in the fill position and it just keeps filling with water till it over flows. No big deal, I just have to listen to it to make sure its clicking.  I still haven't stopped making fun of the hubby for it though :)

"Sergeant, I need to see the PL WO today?"
"Pte Bloggins, he will not be today or for the rest of the week."
"OK, I will come back after PT and see him."

PRops goes to my eleven year old for this one...

daughter:  mom can we buy a pool for the backyard?
me:  I point down the street and ask her what all that blue stuff is
daughter:  the lake?

nuff said  ::)

Ive heard that that lake can strip a person of flesh in seconds  :p

I temporarily work in a call center and I always start out asking for the phone number with area code. 45% of the time I get: 555-5555 r0r0r0
egad!

"Were going to take down the store, but we can't make any mess.."

Dad telling me that we can't make a mess, when we are taking down the old, rotten shed in the yard ::) :eek:

Baker

Baker said:
Dad telling me that we can't make a mess, when we are taking down the old, rotten shed in the yard ::) :eek:

"We used to dream of a shed.  When I was your age we lived in al old shoebox in the middle of the road.  And every night we would have to come home from school, cut gravel for 3 hours then our parents would beat us to death and stomp about on our graves, if we were lucky."  :p

MedTechStudent said:
"We used to dream of a shed.  When I was your age we lived in al old shoebox in the middle of the road.  And every night we would have to come home from school, cut gravel for 3 hours then our parents would beat us to death and stomp about on our graves, if we were lucky."  :p
You wouldn't want ours, since it has settled so far in the ground, a corner in there isn't wood, just dirt ;D

Baker

[Background info] I made an appointment at my friendly orthopod because on Thursday after a run, I thought I ruptured my Achilles tendon. I had an MRI and radiographs that he wanted prior to seeing him today. Well it turns out I have a complete rupture of said tendon, and am now the proud owner of a fixation boot while I'm waiting for surgery.

This afternoon I returned to work as I had a class to teach and hobbled in with the boot nicely afixed to my leg/foot.

One of the students said very profoundly, "Hey did you hurt your foot?"  I answered promptly, "no this is the latest style in foot wear."  He then said in surprise, "gee, they must be expensive, you could only afford one."  He's 25 years old, btw.

Emma

Back