• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Out of the mouths of babes, I mean civvies  :D
I don't care who ya are that's FUNNY!!!!!!
RHFC_piper   I'll be your friend and I promise NEVER to shoot at you ;D

Last year while my husband was in the sandbox one of my coworkers asked about Christmas and what my plans were.  As it was our first Christmas apart I told her not much because he was overseas in Afghanistan.  She looked at me and very innocently asked "Oh is he over there visiting family?"  I looked at her in disbelief "Not really, he's in the army, he's over there because there's a war!"  She just looked at me like I had a toaster on my head.  "Oh" was all she could say.  I still laugh and shake my head:)

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Out of the mouths of babes, I mean civvies  :D
I don't care who ya are that's FUNNY!!!!!!
RHFC_piper  I'll be your friend and I promise NEVER to shoot at you ;D

At least I know I have one friend who won't shoot at me...

Her comment just reminded me of the kind of stuff my mom would say to me after I got in a fight in grade school: "If those boys are trying to beat you up, they're not your friends."

Really?  You don't say.  I figure I'd just break the jaws of all my good friends... you know, just so they know where we stand. 
lol_hitting.gif

ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Last year while my husband was in the sandbox one of my coworkers asked about Christmas and what my plans were.  As it was our first Christmas apart I told her not much because he was overseas in Afghanistan.  She looked at me and very innocently asked "Oh is he over there visiting family?"  I looked at her in disbelief "Not really, he's in the army, he's over there because there's a war!"  She just looked at me like I had a toaster on my head.  "Oh" was all she could say.  I still laugh and shake my head:)

Heh... Every once in a while, I'm asked to go to a school and speak about Afghanistan.  Most kids and teachers have a fairly firm grasp on world events... at least knowledge of where bad things are happening, less the details..

I actually had a teacher (not the host class teacher, but another teacher from the school), ask me why I was in Afghanistan, but not in the way I was expecting... She had come in late to the presentation, during the question period and missed the explanation.  All she heard was questions about my experience there, and with kids being kids, they asked more about my injuries than anything.  She seemed a little confused... and this is what she said after the bell rang, the kids started leaving and it was just her, the host class teacher, the principal and Vice Principal (who sat in for the whole thing).

"That must have made your vacation just horrible...  I mean, I've lost luggage on a trip, but I couldn't imagine getting shot."

Keep in mind, I was in uniform. 

I swear, I could hear the record needle scratch across the record as the music came to a abrupt stop (metaphorically speaking)... and you could hear the crickets as the rest of us just looked at her blankly.

The host teacher tried to sort it out; "You know the Canadian military is fighting over there, right?"

The confused teacher looked at us probably the same way your coworker looked at you;  "Fighting what?  Who are they fighting?"

This is one of those days where I had to bite my tongue and walk away...  The rest of them stuck around to discuss the obvious... I made my way home for a stiff drink.

RHFC_piper said:
She seemed a little confused... and this is what she said after the bell rang, the kids started leaving and it was just her, the host class teacher, the principal and Vice Principal (who sat in for the whole thing).

"That must have made your vacation just horrible...  I mean, I've lost luggage on a trip, but I couldn't imagine getting shot."

Obviously a passport holder from the State of Oblivion.

Maybe, while she was visiting the State of Oblivion she WAS getting shot at,  but, but never notices cuz she was too busy looking for her luggage >:D

Next time you go to physio you need to wear this t-shirt and she what she has too say ;D

OK, I giotta tell this story again:

I posted this story in a thread on Veterans three years ago.  It seems appropriate here:

After my last tour, my wife introduced me to a group of ladies.  As the conversation progressed to their hubby's jobs, she told them what I do and proudly said "My husband is a vet."  One lady replied "Oh, your husband is a vet!  He should meet mine.  He's a breeder."

I can tell you from first hand experience that snorting white wine our your nose does burn.

Haggis said:
OK, I giotta tell this story again:

I posted this story in a thread on Veterans three years ago.  It seems appropriate here:

After my last tour, my wife introduced me to a group of ladies.  As the conversation progressed to their hubby's jobs, she told them what I do and proudly said "My husband is a vet."  One lady replied "Oh, your husband is a vet!  He should meet mine.  He's a breeder."

I can tell you from first hand experience that snorting white wine our your nose does burn.

You should send that in to Readers Digest for the humour in uniform sections, you'd probably get paid for it.

I have been doing a lot of overtime lately at work.

and today around 4h57pm, I stood up, I took my stuff and I said: "bye everyone have a good week-end"

and my "always-right-control-freak" collegue said: "it is not five o'clock yet"  :tsktsk:

(I just left,  ::))

Well I can say this is the dumbest thing I ever said and it was this morning.

"Did I really drink that much last night?"  Followed immediately by "Never again"

lmao.gif

"Do you have that sweeper thing you use for floors?"
"you mean a broom?"
"Oh yeah... a broom... so do you have one?"

:rofl:

Okay,  I've tried to not post these ... but it seems I failed.

I live dt Toronto so I think I can win any "heard dumb thing said" contest, or at least stay in the contest until convention time. 

On the Subway during rush hour, I'm listening to my mp3 player when I noticed everyone suddenly looked in one direction.  Curious I looked and took the headphones off and heard "We're all going to die, oh my god we're all going to die" he was screaming like we were about to hit something.  He continued "Everyone is going to die, and unless you believe in Jesus you'll stay dead".   

Later that day I saw him on Shuter street behind moss park.  With a southern accent he was preaching to people, I heard "God is truth,  truth is love there fore if you don't believe in god you believe in falseness and are removed from love."  He addressing a group of elderly Chinese women, who I'm more than certain spoke no English.

I'm not commenting on his content, but rather his choice of delivery. :warstory:

As for pan handlers I've heard some interesting quips

Panhandler:  "Do you have any spare change"
Response: "Oh course,  you know what else I have?" (reaching for wallet)
Panhandler: "What?" (excited to get something)
Respondent: "a job"  (walk away)

Or

Panhandler:  "spare change"
Response: "Thanks, I'd love some"
Panhandler:  "No you give me some spare change"
Response: "Oh bait and switch, I get it, I'm on to you buddy"

Panhandler:  "spare change, I'm really hungry"
Response: "How do I know you wont buy drugs with the money insted"
Panhandler:  "I've already bought enough drugs for a few days"

I've heard to many of those to post them all here.

Zell_Dietrich said:
As for pan handlers I've heard some interesting quips

Panhandler:  "Do you have any spare change"
Response: "Oh course,   you know what else I have?" (reaching for wallet)
Panhandler: "What?" (excited to get something)
Respondent: "a job"  (walk away)

Or

Panhandler:  "spare change"
Response: "Thanks, I'd love some"
Panhandler:  "No you give me some spare change"
Response: "Oh bait and switch, I get it, I'm on to you buddy"

Panhandler:  "spare change, I'm really hungry"
Response: "How do I know you wont buy drugs with the money insted"
Panhandler:  "I've already bought enough drugs for a few days"

I've heard to many of those to post them all here.

Theres a nice bit about that in the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas  ;D

Are you saying "grow up" to the people that think they are teeny boppers and that wear the PJs or are you talking to the people complaining about it?

This was from the other day, but I guess it's close enough.

Teacher (me): Where were you yesterday?
Student: I was at home 'cause I had heat stroke.
Teacher: Wow, how'd that happen?
Student: I was sunbathing and I fell asleep. My boyfriend was supposed to call me and wake me up, but he texted me instead and that doesn't wake me up. So really, it's his fault that I missed because it's his fault I got sunstroke.
Teacher: WTF ??? (I didn't really say that, but I wanted to)

This is a Grade 12 student, soon to graduate. Enjoy them! (hey, I know it's our job to mold them, but you can't do much with a rock!)

Bzzliteyr said:
Are you saying "grow up" to the people that think they are teeny boppers and that wear the PJs or are you talking to the people complaining about it?
Because it is ridiculously easy to put on some slacks after one wakes up...

Bzzliteyr said:

The people complaining about it.  With all the important things to worry about it life, that guy on the thread just takes it too far.  You can express your personal distaste for that style.  But essentially putting them down as people because of their pants, its a little silly.  IMHO of course.  ;)

Sigger, not for everyone it seems.. I know my wife will take the time to look good before she leaves the house.  I whine about it but in the long run, she looks good when we go out even if it is just to the Canex.  She takes pride in herself.  And she cooks, and she cleans, and she works all day.. yet still has the time to put in the effort.  To each their own I guess...

I, on the other hand, have no issue walking through the Oromocto mall in mukluks...

Back